Freak-Quency (GXB, stat raising, sci-fi, comedy, free)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
ixWishing
Veteran

Re: Freak-Quency (GXB, stat raising, sci-fi, comedy, free)

#91 Post by ixWishing »

Took me 6ish hours, but I finally got all 3 endings, woo! 8D
I'm glad I saved the good ending last!
Since I answered that I would cheat to the mustache man.... omfg the birthday scene was so damn funny xD It had me laughing at 4 Am!
So... When's the wedding date? ;D
Although I love everything about this, my only complaints would be the lack of a CG gallery & individual romance endings ;___; I took it upon myself to screenshot every CG I came upon, but it would definitely help if there was a gallery. ^^;; As for having individual endings, I just thought it would have been nice to have individual endings for all the romanceable guys... As well as an epilogue of each guy and Sonnya :d

Haha, but even without the CG gallery and the limited endings, this vn was thoroughly enjoyable! I'm definitely going to recommend this to my friends! I also see that you're starting a new project, so I wish you luck on that! c:

Alsoooo, my favorite romances were Jackal and Kei ;w; Too bad David wasn't shown in the game too often; he's very interesting!
- Everlasting Dreams ;

Xerofit51
Veteran
Completed: Freak-quency, Harvest-Moon spin off
Projects: Freak-quency
Deviantart: xerofit51

#92 Post by Xerofit51 »

Thank you for all your feed back and support and 8000 downloads! I hope u had fun playing my game, and I hope u all can look forward to Amplitude (my new game) which is an indirect sequel to Freak-quency (People who have played it will know some certain details but others who haven't can still enjoy the story.) Resonance, sakon04's comic about the continuation of Malkav and David in search of Theo, is also coming

Duckyperson101

#93 Post by Duckyperson101 »

first off: I am not sure if this is the right section for this, but there was a problem that I ran into with my freak-quency game.

I am not sure if it is because I have a mac or not, but no matter what I do my charm stat will not increase. I tried all the different ways to raise the stat; replying to letters in class, going to where crystal works to pamper myself and to the cafe at the mall. Nothing seems to help. Perhaps there is something that you need to do before you can raise the stat? It just seemed odd to me that it would not raise no matter what I do. sorry and thank you

--------
-edit-
--------

I played for another 30 min more and then it started to raise. so perhaps it was just something that I did. please disregard this comment

Harliqueen
Veteran
Completed: Diving in Deep (NaNo15) The Lady's Choice(NaNo16) The Crossroads(NaNo17)
Projects: The Curse of Creek Edge
Organization: Seraphinite
Tumblr: seraphinitegames
Deviantart: SeraphiniteGames
itch: seraphinite

#94 Post by Harliqueen »

Downloaded this today and started playing it, absolutely loving it!

Just a quick question though, and sorry if it's already been asked but I only have a few minutes on computer so haven't read through rest of posts, is it ok to max out all the guys bars? Or only the one I want to end up in a romance with?

Worried if I fill all their bars then I won't end up with the guy I want to, if that makes any sense? :D

But brilliant game so far, really enjoying it!

EDIT: Never mind, just had time to read the hints you wrote. Sorry about that, and for the double post!
Completed: Diving in Deep/The Lady's Choice/The Crossroads
Current WIP: The Curse of Creek Edge (NaNo2020)

Xerofit51
Veteran

#95 Post by Xerofit51 »

No new updates on Amplitude (my next game) due to college, but here's a sketch from sakon04's comic (Resonance). Can you guess which is Theo? P.S: isn't sakon's drawing lovely <3~
Attachments
Resonance, character sketch - sakon04
Resonance, character sketch - sakon04

Kayber

#96 Post by Kayber »

I really enjoyed this game, and it's apparent that you put a lot of work into this. There are a good number of typos throughout but they were easy enough to overlook, especially considering how everything else seemed so high-quality.

However, I find myself slightly confused about something...

Which end is the "good" end, and which is the "true" end? I've played through three times trying to get the good end but I honestly have no idea. I get the one where
She opens up the portal to the other dimension and all the freaks are sucked inside, so her, Kai, and Jackal are given their "two weeks".
So...yeah. Which ending would this be?

Xerofit51
Veteran

#97 Post by Xerofit51 »

Kayber wrote:I really enjoyed this game, and it's apparent that you put a lot of work into this. There are a good number of typos throughout but they were easy enough to overlook, especially considering how everything else seemed so high-quality.

Which end is the "good" end, and which is the "true" end? I've played through three times trying to get the good end but I honestly have no idea. I get the one where
She opens up the portal to the other dimension and all the freaks are sucked inside, so her, Kai, and Jackal are given their "two weeks".
that would be the true ending. The good ending can only be opened if she romances all the guys, moral >50. Please read the hints and tips file (the link is on the first page, just under the download link) for more info.

Kayber

#98 Post by Kayber »

Xerofit51 wrote:
Kayber wrote:I really enjoyed this game, and it's apparent that you put a lot of work into this. There are a good number of typos throughout but they were easy enough to overlook, especially considering how everything else seemed so high-quality.

that would be the true ending. The good ending can only be opened if she romances all the guys, moral >50. Please read the hints and tips file (the link is on the first page, just under the download link) for more info.
That's why I'm confused, because I did that and had a full morality bar. I got the scene at the diner where it showed that I cheated with all the guys, all the friendship bars were maxed out well before their time and, as far as I know, I believe I got all the friendship scenes. I can't figure out where I went wrong.

Xerofit51
Veteran

#99 Post by Xerofit51 »

Did you max the friends too? That is also a requirement
i mean...u can see the hints file 4 a better look. Other than that I don't know what can cause this

Salmakia

#100 Post by Salmakia »

Well, I was looking for a new otome game to get obsessed with and reading that the player's name was Sonnya
(same as mine) felt like fate!

Now, after going through the story, I can say my instinct was perfectly fine.
At first I didn't expect that much blood in some of the CGs but it wasn't unpleasant at all. I consider myself a little
of a gore-lover so I really like that.
I just finished playing Kai's route and I loved it but in the way I kinda fell for Jackal, so I'm pretty sure he will be
my next target.

The whole game is well written and the art is simply beautiful. To sum up, a game you can really be proud of! ^^

candy99xox

#101 Post by candy99xox »

I love this game so much. The characters were interesting, the story was well writen and I didn't expect the plot twist !

The only complain I have is that you don't seem to be able to finish with one of the guy, it's like you end up with all of them yet alone. Maybe it's because you're supposed to say no to the other guys to have one guy in particular ? If yes then ignore my complain, but if no well I think that's the only thing missing ^^

The art is beautiful and I'm really happy that you included Jackal a little more, I think he is a lovely character. Some parts of the story were kinda sad and it made me sad. It means that you did a really good job at integrating the player in the story. You can be proud of this game !

(Sorry for my english, it's not my first language)
Aspiring writer to hire. I may be a beginner, but I'm working hard to get better !

Karen

#102 Post by Karen »

Hi i expecting an answer from this soo please answer

when i just got my mortal bar full it will suddenly goes to red again tommorow is bug or what?
Relaxing Visual Novel Creator

Xerofit51
Veteran

#103 Post by Xerofit51 »

Karen wrote:Hi i expecting an answer from this soo please answer

when i just got my mortal bar full it will suddenly goes to red again tommorow is bug or what?
If u accepted the pendant request and ask for something in return it will do that because that means u r cursed. (As of stated in the hints and tips file)

Also Thanks 4 10,000 downloads!!

Doomzilla
Regular
Tumblr: punchysporkk

#104 Post by Doomzilla »

I played your game on a recommendation and I'm so glad I did! I didn't expect it to be my kind of game but the plot fascinated me, the characters were interesting, and the whole thing was fun! I'm looking forward to stalking any future projects. ^^ One thing I want to beg of you (in future projects) is to give us more save slots. Even just doubling them would be wonderful! I admit I may have an over saving problem. =/

I also had trouble getting the good ending, even following your hint guide I'm not quite sure where I went wrong
I know I maxed out all the guys and most of the ladies, but I'm not entirely sure about Crystal. Her bar was only about 2/3 of the way full, but I got her fight scene on the beach where she talked about Milo's promise. Is it possible to have maxed her events with that much of the bar unfilled?

Is it mandatory to chat up Suzanna? I failed to figure out who she was until the end scenes.

The other possibility is that I thought I had maxed my morality bar, but there was an invisible sliver of bad remaining. Has anyone else had that problem?
Sorry to be a pest, I don't have a save that's very close to the end or I'd just try it myself (okay, I definitely have an over saving problem), and thank you to anyone who can help me!

Astro Cherry

#105 Post by Astro Cherry »

I love, love, loved this game, the characters, THE ARTWORK, just about everything. Except, one thing made me a tad bit... uh, manic? xD
I maxed out all of the stats pretty early on, so I don't really know if they had much to do with the game. But, that isn't a huge problem. ^^ Mainly, I was angry because Ish is my Ish and he wasn't even in my ending. >:U So I just need to express to you how amazing the character development was, and how beautifully the characters were drawn -- specifically Ish. .-. Whelp. That's enough of that. xD
Overall it was FANTASTIC, especially for a free game. Certain parts did get to be a little bit repetitive, but when the events were unique, they were UNIQUE. I absolutely loved it, hun. ^^

Just one more thing:
That creepy guy with the mustache. He kept talking about multiple partners, and that kid who gives you advice at school kept saying that everyone needs help, including him, but no matter what, I could never help him out. Do you have to be cheating to have a discussion with him? Ish was the only male that I maxed out with -- I got pretty close with Kai so I started ignoring him, and Luke's raised up high as hell for absolutely no reason, but Ish is the only one I maxed out. I kinda wanna replay as a total floozy, to see if that's it. xD It felt like some things went sort of unanswered, no clue what was up with the pendant or the red-eyed girl. Not trying to complain though, because it was absolutely beautiful nonetheless. xD