Freak-Quency (GXB, stat raising, sci-fi, comedy, free)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Xerofit51
Veteran
Completed: Freak-quency, Harvest-Moon spin off
Projects: Freak-quency
Deviantart: xerofit51

Freak-Quency (GXB, stat raising, sci-fi, comedy, free)

#1 Post by Xerofit51 »

FREAK-QUENCY - Comic (2017)

One game is not enough for you how about a comic?
That's right, Freak Quency, the prequel of Amplitude is now on Lezhin Comics!!

:arrow: FQ COMIC TEASER:
https://www.facebook.com/sakonized/vide ... 616394240/
:arrow: FQ WEBTOON NOW ON LEZHIN:
https://www.lezhin.com/en/comic/freak

FREAK-QUENCY - Visual Novel (2014)

Freak-Quency, known to most people as a popular Virtual Reality video game. Then why is it that many of their players are being killed. It doesn't help with the fact that your brother is missing and he turns out to be an avid Freak-quency player. Where is he? Is he dead, alive, and why is all the freak-quency players dying!?

You play this game as Sonnya Gray, a young 16 year old whose attitude can be sweet or bitter depending on your choices. This is an otome game with a simple persona portable based map system and stat raising . You can basically do whatever you want, get a guy, make friends, or not. However be advised...that the choices you make will ultimately determine your fate.

SEQUEL:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/70468 ... ual_Novel/

Video Preview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1glkzU ... e=youtu.be

Characters:

1. Sonnya Gray

The main character. A 16 year old girl who's rather quirky and has a deep bond with her older brother, Milo. Determined to find her brother no matter what. Has a rather dark past that she'd rather not let anyone know about.

Bachellors:

2. Kai

A misterious freak-quency player who often gives Sonnya the cold shoulder. Despite his cold and blunt nature he actually cares for Sonnya, he rarely shows it though. Has an obsession with sweets and turns out to be one of your schoolmates.

3. Luke

A singer in a bar. Used to be a freak-quency player, dropped out due to unknown reasons. Despite his flirtatious behaviour he actually isn't interested in Sonnya...well not yet at least.

4. Rick

a cop working to keep freak-quency away from the public. Isn't a freak-quency player. Works to protect freak-quency because of a deal he made. Yearns to kill his sister's killer.

5. ???

a masked man who tried to kill you and your friend. A retired freak-quency guardian, currently works as a thief and has a weird curiosity for Sonnya.

6. Jackal

I'd rather not say anything about this one....just know that this guy ended up being a bachellor because of a request from players that tried my demo :v

7. Others....
All Characters
All Characters
There are lots :v (most have their own route so...yeah...)

CG samples:

background samples:

Most are from uncle Mugen's free resources. But some are my friends work (My darling bff sakon04):

Want a continuation? Show some tumblr love (share!share!share!) Link: http://sakonlieur.tumblr.com/post/10611 ... -watch-the

Notes:
Well at first, I did this thing because of issues I had in college (slight depression -__- ) and I thought it could get my mind off of things. It really helped soothe me and I kinda got carried away with it. So yeah...guess I'm gonna finish it.

This is my second game with ren'py and my first game that I create the story and art (beside backgrounds) on my own so yeah...

I'm not a native English speaker but my friend is a grammar Nazi so hopefully at least she minimized the typos and grammatical errors haha.

Game Features:

- 5 love interests
- 4 friends
- 2 other undefined character routes
- 3 endings
- 55 CG
- Quite explorable map

Freak-Quency Map:
A compilation of maps in freak-quency
A compilation of maps in freak-quency

:arrow: File:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/r6t4t ... al-all.zip

:!: Tips and tricks to get all 3 endings:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/m1g3yh95drfpcz1/Hints.txt

People I forgot to put in the credits (sorry, I forgot about the music sometimes):

Shirfine free music
Nivalyx:
https://soundcloud.com/nivalyx

:!: Known bugs:
Sorry :oops:
clicking the bottom button in Fujima map Main before you visit the jewelry shop for the first tima will send you to the main menu. But after the jewelry store scene, it doesn't have that effect anymore
uploaded revision file. Should be no more bugs (at least I fixed the ones in the comments)

Game tested but
PLEASE INFORM ME IF YOU EXPERIENCE CRASHING OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT :oops: and I'm verry sorry 4 ur inconvenience
P.S : I made this for windowed mode so I don't recommend full screening it...beware of Typos and grammar issues

CG's n sakon's bg (DO NOT RE USE!! 4 PERSONAL ENJOYMENT ONLY ALL RIGHTS TO ME AND SAKON04) file is zipped:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/mupp7 ... lc1/bg.zip

BONUS ART by sakon04 (For future comic):
11863103_10200998642486215_1261074468_o.jpg
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INDIRECT CONTINUATION HERE:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Indirect continuation, Amplitude forum:
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 75#p354175

Demo for indirect continuation (Amplitude):
http://bit.ly/1OgLzlG

Indiegogo link for my other game Amplitude, the indirect continuation of freak-quency :

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ampl ... x/12014030#/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Xerofit51 on Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:03 am, edited 22 times in total.

kumacat5

Re: Freak-Quency (GXB, stat raising, sci-fi, comedy, free)

#2 Post by kumacat5 »

SO PSYCHED!!!! Downloading now!!! It looks so good! Congrats on completing it!

Ferdokki
Veteran
Completed: Before Dream Valley, Chasing, Fear&Love
IRC Nick: Ferdokki

#3 Post by Ferdokki »

This looks SUPAH KEWL!!! I am downloading this NOW. *________* Thanks for all your hard work and awesomeness!
(P.S. I hope you've recovered well from your depression. I struggled with it myself for awhile, and I think working on stuff definitely gets your mind off of things.)

Rainbow Colors
Regular
Projects: Come Here Often?

#4 Post by Rainbow Colors »

Daaamn, this seems awesome~ And it's GxB, too >u> Congratulations on its release~

~targetting every otome game at the speed of sound
(because if I did it at the speed of light, I'd be time travelling)

trepiechick
Regular

#5 Post by trepiechick »

Would you mind uploading the link somewhere other than dropbox?

Xerofit51
Veteran

#6 Post by Xerofit51 »

tHANK YOU ALL FOR TRYING MY GAME :3
trepiechick wrote:Would you mind uploading the link somewhere other than dropbox?
Sure, could you tell me where though because I know some contries don't allow mediafire or 4 shared so...yeah what is available in your country?

aquantinar

#7 Post by aquantinar »

trepiechick wrote:Would you mind uploading the link somewhere other than dropbox?
I would like to request the same please.... It says that the link in dropbox is temporarily closed :( If you don't mind sharing to mediafire/4shared that is.. THANKS IN ADVANCE :)

toodles~

trepiechick
Regular

#8 Post by trepiechick »

Xerofit51 wrote:Sure, could you tell me where though because I know some contries don't allow mediafire or 4 shared so...yeah what is available in your country?
Thanks! I'd prefer mediafire just because 4shared requires an account, and that's the reason why I don't like dropbox.

Xerofit51
Veteran

#9 Post by Xerofit51 »

trepiechick wrote:
Xerofit51 wrote:Sure, could you tell me where though because I know some contries don't allow mediafire or 4 shared so...yeah what is available in your country?
Thanks! I'd prefer mediafire just because 4shared requires an account, and that's the reason why I don't like dropbox.
Ok, will do. probably post it later this night

trepiechick
Regular

#10 Post by trepiechick »

Xerofit51 wrote:Ok, will do. probably post it later this night
Sweet! Can't wait! :D :D

maetropa

#11 Post by maetropa »

Whenever I try talk to Nana, it tells me to try talking to her at night... But I am.
Is this a glitch, or can I just not talk to her until later in the game?

Xerofit51
Veteran

#12 Post by Xerofit51 »

maetropa wrote:Whenever I try talk to Nana, it tells me to try talking to her at night... But I am.
Is this a glitch, or can I just not talk to her until later in the game?
u can talk to Nana later in the game in May if u go to the arcade there will be a hint how

anyway. Media fire link (also updated in the main topic)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/r6t4t ... al-all.zip

hints:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/m1g3yh95drfpcz1/Hints.txt

icebluehost
Regular
Projects: The Aces

#13 Post by icebluehost »

Just found a bug. The Fujiyama-Main map has an icon at the bottom which sends you to the main page all of a sudden. I'm guessing that shouldn't happen.

So far, I'm having fun playing your game. To be honest I'm not too keen on the theme cause it's an obvious copy/replica of the Persona series but it IS free, and I love the art and music so I'm not really broken up over it.

Wonder what ending I'll get...

Xerofit51
Veteran

#14 Post by Xerofit51 »

icebluehost wrote:Just found a bug. The Fujiyama-Main map has an icon at the bottom which sends you to the main page all of a sudden. I'm guessing that shouldn't happen.

So far, I'm having fun playing your game. To be honest I'm not too keen on the theme cause it's an obvious copy/replica of the Persona series but it IS free, and I love the art and music so I'm not really broken up over it.

Wonder what ending I'll get...
Ah sorry about that no one reported that to me previously that only happens in the beginning before you enter the jewelry shop for the first time after that it never happens again

icebluehost
Regular
Projects: The Aces

#15 Post by icebluehost »

More bugs I'm afraid.

1) I can't speak/hang out with Nana in the afternoon, even though your stats should be enough to be able to speak to her, unless that's intended. If so, you could add something there to let us know that she can't speak to you in the afternoon. Her current line during the afternoon is misleading.

2) Nana's friendship meter isn't full but when hanging out with her, I get the text that says I won't be able to bond with her more. I was able to increase it until it was full though so not really a biggie.

And now, for my comments:
It's a good game, though I was disappointed cause it felt short. I wanted more events with the guys! Each of their individual interactions seemed lacking in closure, and I wasn't sure if it was because you didn't intend to make an ending with you getting with one of the boys. (I might find out otherwise when I get the good ending, but who knows?) I got the true ending in my first playthrough cause I wasn't able to get Crystal's friendship meter to the full bar before June, so I played it again to see what happened. I got everyone's bars full in my second playthrough, but the ending was still the same. (Is this a bug?)

One thing that I found in this game that was better than Persona were the characters themselves. Granted the characters in Persona are cute and all, they didn't seem to have the same depth that you've given your characters here. Each one had motives and goals, and I couldn't help either loving them or sympathizing with them. You made me feel for all of the characters in the game! Not something I usually feel for any game (usually I just like one or two and ignore the others).

Oh, I have a very good idea who Malkav is! Though so far I haven't seen any scene or event in the game to really confirm my theories. Is there actually going to be a reveal in the game, or is that something for us to ponder on for eternity? XD

Also, you said that there were 55 CGs here, though I don't know if I did get all of them. Is there a way for me to know? Maybe you could provide a zip file of them? Or a list? (I was hoping that you'd have a CG gallery in your game but alas it was not so)

Anyway, yes, I enjoyed your game and I look forward to seeing more from you!
Last edited by icebluehost on Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.