Freak-Quency (GXB, stat raising, sci-fi, comedy, free)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
deka

Re: Freak-Quency (GXB, stat raising, sci-fi, comedy, free)

#151 Post by deka »

I played this game a month ago and I had the bad, bad, bad ending.
But omg, I really love this vn, the art work and the plot is so amazing!
Thank you for making this wonderful game! <3

Otomegirlxx
Completed: Rose Petals
Tumblr: kashleekisses
Soundcloud: Arcencielx

#152 Post by Otomegirlxx »

I am just amazed. I downloaded this game last night and ended up playing five hours straight :lol:

But then I finished it about ten minutes ago and I am in shock.

So I got the bad ending :(

But still I plan to replay the game as well.

GREAT WORK!
Tell me a story.

Open my eyes.

Make me laugh.

Make me cry.

Until the end.

I Just Love Visual Novels

Hako

#153 Post by Hako »

I recently played through your game and got the bad and true ending, these are my thoughts. I'm sorry if this comes off as harsh.

What I liked:
- The little overview map reminded me of p3p and I thought it was cute.
- I enjoyed hanging out with Malkav, I thought she was neat
- Some of the little side quests
- The CGs were cool, I especially liked the one with Miru in the water
- The menu designs and stuff were also pretty neat
- The idea with summoning monsters from your phone reminded me of Devil Survivor and I thought it was kinda cool
- The plot twists with Kai being a freak and Milo being taken over

What I didn't like and/or things I found inconsistent:
- The amount of time spent on the overview map, I felt like it was way too long and there weren't enough things to do on it so I got really bored just clicking through it.
- When you spend time with characters, there isn't much that they say and it feels like there aren't enough scenes you have with them to justify the amount of times you need to hang out with them to max out their bar.
- I only really liked Kai as a love interest, the others seemed kind of bland. This one might just be a matter of preference though.
- You had a number of spelling errors/grammar issues and it was kind of distracting.
- There was voice acting in the beginning and it kind of vanishes? The only time there was a fully voiced segment was with the news at the start. I get the little clips of voicing throughout, but I was wondering why the news reporter was full voiced.
- At the little marketplace, you can hang out with the masked guy Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, but he's there every single day even if you can't spend time together because he's "meeting up with someone". I find this to be a problem because
his true identity is Ish, and whenever you go work, Ish is there. Even though he's also at the subway?
- When Miru loses her voice, she can still call you and ask you to train with her, Crystal, and Nana on Sundays. She does this even after you have the beach fight with Crystal and you supposedly can't see her for a while until her next story appearance.
- I didn't like the chess talk with the club owner (I forgot his name)
- The true ending is really open ended and if I didn't know that you were going to have a sequel made, I wouldn't have been okay with it. I'm fine with unhappy endings, but I feel like the whole rebellion thing that we see starting right at the end only to be left hanging since it ends there wasn't a good idea. And I only really knew you were going to have a sequel after searching through this thread and seeing that since there was enough interest in one, you were going to make it.
Some things I noticed:
- The protagonist looks an awful lot like a character from Dangan Ronpa 2, Sonia Nevermind. Was this on purpose?
- The music that plays at the title screen/when you start up the game sounds a lot like a remixed version of a song from Touhou
- The idol name Rie Fujiwara sounds pretty close to Rise Kujikawa. Did you do that as a joke?

This game has good ideas and looks like it has a lot of work put into it, but I feel like it didn't live up to its potential. I wanted to go back and try to get the good end as well as the harem scene because it sounds funny, but like I said earlier, a lot of the point and click stuff was tedious. I did enjoy playing some of it though and I'm kind of curious to see where you'll take the story. When you make the indirect sequel, I'll be sure to play it. Also, in the sequel, are you going to include same gender pairings? And when you start up the game, who is the person that's opening their eyes with red hair?

Xerofit51
Veteran
Completed: Freak-quency, Harvest-Moon spin off
Projects: Freak-quency
Deviantart: xerofit51

#154 Post by Xerofit51 »

Hako wrote:I recently played through your game and got the bad and true ending, these are my thoughts. I'm sorry if this comes off as harsh.
Thank You 4 playing my game, and no they r not harsh at all.I like getting constructing input.
Hako wrote: What I didn't like and/or things I found inconsistent:
- The amount of time spent on the overview map, I felt like it was way too long and there weren't enough things to do on it so I got really bored just clicking through it.
- Yes, I understand actually true I didn't have anymore ideas for the map. And I was planning FQ ending in the game in July but some testers thought it was too soon, so I stretched it to September, but forgot to add more events.
Hako wrote: - When you spend time with characters, there isn't much that they say and it feels like there aren't enough scenes you have with them to justify the amount of times you need to hang out with them to max out their bar.
- Noted, will revise this in Amplitude. I also have more writers to individualized the characters.
Hako wrote: - You had a number of spelling errors/grammar issues and it was kind of distracting.
Sorry, my editor went away at the middle of the game, so I did what I could. But my English isn't that well.
Hako wrote: - There was voice acting in the beginning and it kind of vanishes? The only time there was a fully voiced segment was with the news at the start. I get the little clips of voicing throughout, but I was wondering why the news reporter was full voiced.
This was to emphasize the main issue of Freak-quency through the news about it.
Hako wrote: - At the little marketplace, you can hang out with the masked guy Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, but he's there every single day even if you can't spend time together because he's "meeting up with someone". I find this to be a problem because
his true identity is Ish, and whenever you go work, Ish is there. Even though he's also at the subway?
-This was too my lack of will and coding issues :v
Fixed it though, so it won't happen in Amplitude
Hako wrote:
- When Miru loses her voice, she can still call you and ask you to train with her, Crystal, and Nana on Sundays. She does this even after you have the beach fight with Crystal and you supposedly can't see her for a while until her next story appearance.
- Must have slipped this, I didn't notice it thank u. That was my bad
Hako wrote:
- I didn't like the chess talk with the club owner (I forgot his name)
-About the topic or just in general? The topic was meant to be uncomfortable, or did it seem unimportant haha sorry.
Hako wrote:
- The true ending is really open ended and if I didn't know that you were going to have a sequel made, I wouldn't have been okay with it. I'm fine with unhappy endings, but I feel like the whole rebellion thing that we see starting right at the end only to be left hanging since it ends there wasn't a good idea. And I only really knew you were going to have a sequel after searching through this thread and seeing that since there was enough interest in one, you were going to make it.
- Hmm this was intentional, it's a matter of preference but, I like open endings cause it always make u want more even though it's good or bad. It makes you wonder what if, and I planned to make a sequel from the start. The number of views and downloads and playthroughs or reviews helped me feel it was necessary that's all.
Hako wrote: Some things I noticed:
- The protagonist looks an awful lot like a character from Dangan Ronpa 2, Sonia Nevermind. Was this on purpose?
- The music that plays at the title screen/when you start up the game sounds a lot like a remixed version of a song from Touhou
- The idol name Rie Fujiwara sounds pretty close to Rise Kujikawa. Did you do that as a joke?
- This was unintentional. The design of Sonnya was actually my trademark character (blonde hair, two hairs dangling in the front)
So I really want to use her, I just add a black bandanna to add distinction because I usually don't use one. He name Sonnya is from my friend Sonnyaws from deviantart. I knew of Sonia Nevermind later after someone from the forum point it out. Her dress is from my own school uniform back in elementary school, only the one I have is long sleeved and are checkered like Kai's uniform pants
- I don't play/watch Touhou, I heard it is a shooting game? The music was from an acquaintance from soundcloud
- This was accidental because I did not remember Rise's name but when I made Miru's alias I thought it has a nice familiar ring to it. It was muuuuch later after a review of the full game saying I must like P4 a lot (which I don't, I prefer the older shin megami tenseis or P3(P)) that I realize, Rie sound a lot like Rise :v
Hako wrote: When you make the indirect sequel, I'll be sure to play it. Also, in the sequel, are you going to include same gender pairings? And when you start up the game, who is the person that's opening their eyes with red hair?
Thank you, I'm glad you would still play it. For the pairing, as long as one of the suitors gender is the opposite to your bachelor/bachelorette it is fine. Example: the soul is a boy, the body is a girl, still can go get a guy or girl.
but if the soul and body is a guy can't get other guys.
I'm not homophobic, one of my cousin is not straight and we get along fine. But I am just not comfortable writing it. Sorry.

The opening is The red haired girls initial design. You will know what she is in Amplitude

Xerofit51
Veteran

#155 Post by Xerofit51 »

This beautiful thing :3 by sakon 04
11863103_10200998642486215_1261074468_o.jpg

akumanotenshi

#156 Post by akumanotenshi »

So I just started playing today (got the bad route right from the beginning whoops!) and I tried playing another one but now I can't see how far my relationship is with the others anymore? Tried restarting the game already and stuff

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

#157 Post by noeinan »

Xerofit51 wrote:Example: the soul is a boy, the body is a girl, still can go get a guy or girl.
Does this mean you can play as a trans character?

Xerofit51
Veteran

#158 Post by Xerofit51 »

akumanotenshi wrote:So I just started playing today (got the bad route right from the beginning whoops!) and I tried playing another one but now I can't see how far my relationship is with the others anymore? Tried restarting the game already and stuff
Oh that's because in order to see how far ur relationship is with the others, you need to talk to Malkav in the park and pay her some sums of money

Xerofit51
Veteran

#159 Post by Xerofit51 »

daikiraikimi wrote:
Xerofit51 wrote:Example: the soul is a boy, the body is a girl, still can go get a guy or girl.
Does this mean you can play as a trans character?
Ahh not exactly a trans more like just 2 gendered people in one genuine male or female body. See here for more info http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=30104

Xerofit51
Veteran

#160 Post by Xerofit51 »

Anyway, if anyone is interested in my other game, here's a link to the beta of my other game Amplitude http://www.mediafire.com/download/wwo4c ... ta-all.zip

Here's the forum link of Amplitude for more info
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=30104

Alia
Regular

#161 Post by Alia »

Very enjoyable!

While the grammar oddities and the misspellings were very distracting, they weren't a game-breaker. I'm always in awe of folk who create fun games at all, and as someone who has made native French-speakers shake their heads in dismay, I'm especially impressed when a creator can make an ambitious work in a secondary language. (Seriously, you and azureXtwilight are awesome.)

My favorite character may have been Zed. An adult dating a sixteen-year-old is a weird and creepy situation no matter how cool you try to play it (sorry, Rick) so it's delightful to have a bachelor who knows he's weird and creepy, yet doesn't become evil or mopey. (Also: surrealist humor for the win.)

Sometimes VN heroines (taking after some anime/manga heroines?) are extremely dim-witted and oblivious. Sonnya only
has the one blind spot. I mean, Malkav outright told Sonnya that her brother now "is alive only in body" and had "summoned a Take Over type freak" and Sonnya wondered why Brother hadn't come home? Definitely denial.
I did kind of want to stab the game over and over with a pencil
when I realized Malkav wouldn't be reunited with her brother and boyfriend,
but as much as it frustrated me, it clearly demonstrates how much you made me care about the characters.

Thanks for sharing your freaky world.

Xerofit51
Veteran

#162 Post by Xerofit51 »

Happy B'day Sonnya!!
12002771_163862647284168_8121172941599755309_n.jpg
ar by Uhak (Christine A.)

HAPPY B'DAY SONNYA BIRTHDAY GIFT FROM ME!!

AMPLITUDE DEMO!!

http://bit.ly/1OgLzlG

OtomeRisa

#163 Post by OtomeRisa »

This is an amazing game. Sure there are some errors, but really? Some people are too critical. Wow. :|

Xerofit51
Veteran

#164 Post by Xerofit51 »

OtomeRisa wrote:This is an amazing game. Sure there are some errors, but really? Some people are too critical. Wow. :|
Haha thank you but the critics were very helpful for me. It helped me fix some stuff in Amplitude (my indirect continuation of freak-quency
Demo here if interested
http://bit.ly/1OgLzlG

Laera-chan
Regular
Projects: HeART Thief; Beauty and the Brothers: The Beginning; For Better or Worse; An Otaku's Guide to Santa's Reindeer
Organization: Moonlight Avenue, Inc.; Anomalis

#165 Post by Laera-chan »

So I have a question. In that list of CG's you posted, the first one is of
an adult Jackal kissing Sonya
. Just how in the seven hells do I get that one?! I have the one of
his kid form kissing her, but even saying that she likes the adult form better doesn't get me that CG. :(

Is it no longer in the game, or do I have to select certain choices to get it?

BTW, downloading Amplitude's demo- so can't wait to try it out FKDSMLMFAJ!!!!! :D :D :D