4Friends[its my first game]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Akihiko Takeshi
Projects: 4Friends

4Friends[its my first game]

#1 Post by Akihiko Takeshi »

Hey all! This is my first game with ren'py so its not that good...I dont know if its good or bad so i want to ask opinion...well, i accept all good opinion and critizes since it will help me improve my skills. I hope you can tell me how to make this game better!
The name is 4Friends-Happy Together in short, 4Friends...

Here is the file
http://www.4shared.com/zip/8Sq7Uo1Cce/4 ... 0-win.html

please help me improve this game :mrgreen:
Attachments
4friends.jpg

Heartstrings
Regular
Projects: Currently Unnamed Project

Re: 4Friends[its my first game]

#2 Post by Heartstrings »

I haven't played it yet, but right off the bat one simple thing you could do to instantly make your game seem more professional it make a custom icon for the .exe file. I'll keep you posted with my thoughts once I finish the game.

Heartstrings
Regular
Projects: Currently Unnamed Project

#3 Post by Heartstrings »

Oh. Ok. It's a joke game. I'll just be going now then

Akihiko Takeshi

#4 Post by Akihiko Takeshi »

If you can, please tell me how to make it more interesting, something like the translation or the python code...i dont really understand of how to do it...

It's true that it was bad, to tell the truth i have all the script, i mean i've finished it but i need improve it more, the sounds, the pictures, background...i hope you can help and give me advises...i will post the update in 6 months. Thats a long duration, i cant just post a game like that right? so please help me improve it

Miss Nay
Deviantart: JaiselArcher

#5 Post by Miss Nay »

Hello, and congrats on finishing your first game! I'm new too, and I haven't even published my first game yet (I will soon enough!), but I can understand the feeling of worry with others playing your game. I just finished completing your game, and I have quite a bit of advice to share. First off, I noticed that most of the sprites and backgrounds you used were from one of the games that comes with ren'py. It would have been better if you didn't use those. It doesn't really feel like I played your game, since I had already seen all those sprites and bgs in the other game. Since you used a website to get the "Kyle" and "Mary" sprites, why didn't you use that same website for the "Yuri" and "Jane" sprites? The second thing I have an issue with was the fact that the player only gets one choice to make. Also, the path for the bad choice is way shorter than the good choice. I could understand if the reason was because you aren't that skilled at making different paths yet, but even if that was the case, you could have just created a kinetic novel, which has no choices, just story. It saves the confusion of paths. Actually, except for that one choice at the beginning, the whole VN was pretty much a KN huh..... Anyway, let's see. Another thing I had a bit of an issue with was the lay out of the story. I didn't really get what was going on at some parts, and the grammar confused me a bit too. I liked the ending though, since it showed how everyone was good friends with one another. Oh, one more thing I'd like to add. I smiled at the unexpected use of "Zetsubou Billy" by Maximum the Hormone for concert music. Okay, okay, I'm done. Sorry about all the little issues I had with your first game. Please continue to make more in the future, and have a happy new year! :) ^_^

Akihiko Takeshi

#6 Post by Akihiko Takeshi »

Thanks for playing and for the advices ^_^ I'll try to make more like a VN games, and good luck on your game