I think my head is Darkness - (Dystopia, Psychological)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
JasperJinks
IRC Nick: Jinks

Re: I think my head is Darkness - (Dystopia, Psychological)

#16 Post by JasperJinks »

I really enjoyed this game. As one of my first few EVNs, I think it's intriguing and can also be creepy at times. Also the fact that the main protagonist is a lesbian makes it even more cool. Loved the game.

tinytim12

#17 Post by tinytim12 »

Wew - one and a half years on and people are still downloading this, eh? Really makes me feel all warm inside :3 Thank you all for your kind words and well written criticisms. I'm glad you all found it appropriately, darkly ambiguous, that was the feeling I was going for.

For those curious to how I made this: I spent two weeks writing down the whole story on my phone, and then after a period of redrafting and procrastination I started turning it into a vn. For the backgrounds, I just took the photos of my recent trip to Taiwan and blurred them Ryukushi07 style. For the music, I just downloaded two tracks from a random freeware site. The rest of it was very simple programming I scraped from the Renpy wiki. It took me about three weeks, on and off, to finally integrate everything together. In hindsight it wasn't that much work.

It's a pity that I didn't have any artistic nor programming skills, so I had to make do with the cheapo assets. Perhaps I can revisit this another time, but not so soon...

sunaro

#18 Post by sunaro »

tinytim12, i would definitely play more of your upcoming projects, if you ever feel like creating stuff. i love your style of writing so i wouldn't pass on something awesome like that. forget the cheapo assets, it's no problem.