Our Personal Space [Sci-fi] [Relationship Sim] [Free]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
xEllenx

Re: Our Personal Space [Sci-fi] [Relationship Sim] [Free]

#31 Post by xEllenx »

Looks nice! I'm going to give it a try :3
Congrats on the release.

SapphireDragon
Deviantart: snowhummingbird

#32 Post by SapphireDragon »

Just popping in to let you know that even though I've gotten all the endings, I keep playing it because I like learning how to survive in a weird place with an adorable guy. xD

Jack is just too cute!

iusername

#33 Post by iusername »

I just finished playing it and even though Jack wasn't really my type, he was still sweet, caring, and loving, so I couldn't help myself from liking him.
Though it became difficult when Brennan appeared since I like characters like him lol
But I stayed true to Jack at first round since it felt so wrong even if it was just a game lol
Jack was so kind and loving to me to betray him even though he was annoying sometimes
When I decided to betray him in another round to play Brennan affair scene, I felt heartbroken every time I just be mean to him when he tried to work things out and be loving to me T.T
But I have to say I really do like Brennan character, though not all part of him, but yeah lol
Great game. I really enjoyed playing it!

qirien
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Metasepia Games
Deviantart: qirien
Github: qirien
itch: qirien
Discord: qirien

#34 Post by qirien »

@YossarianIII Thank you! I tried to make it have appeal beyond just "romance sim", so I'm glad you enjoyed it. :) Nice bromantic names... my husband picked "Rosencrantz" and "Guildenstern" which had a similar effect... :D
@SapphireDragon awwww, you made my day! :-D
@iusername mwah ha ha, that's exactly how I hoped you would feel, you evil Brennan-chasers. ;) just kidding!
Finished games:

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#35 Post by Mad Harlequin »

I did it! I unlocked all the endings and major scenes. :)

Thanks again for making this. Every time I've played I've tried to go a different way, so even though much is the same every time, my experience is not. That's one thing that really makes a great game!
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Sharane
Regular

#36 Post by Sharane »

I really enjoyed the combination to keep the relationship and to help the community. It was cool to watch the progress and the ideas according how MC´s raised her skills. I choose "creativity" and then I partly raised "domestic" and "social". Also because MC was with Lionel (how I named her husband) from the start, I felt the duty to fight for their relationship so I get 75/75 points of "relationship" and ended with Ending 3 :)
Though I believe Brennan is a good guy, I haven´t tried his path yet because as iusername wrote, I would also feel terrible about betraying Lionel. But maybe my curiosity will be stronger and I will try :D

I also enjoyed so many choices at the beginning - the one with nameing each other was sweet :D
Image Image

Per aspera ad astra

qirien
Miko-Class Veteran

#37 Post by qirien »

@Sharane thank you! I think it's good that you would feel bad betraying her husband. :D

Also, I'm so excited, our game received a glowing review from Rock, Paper, Shotgun!

...and we got so much traffic our server crashed. So I updated the main links to point to files hosted on Google Drive instead of our server. If you tried to download it and the site was down, please try again!
Finished games:

SapphireDragon
Deviantart: snowhummingbird

#38 Post by SapphireDragon »

@qirien Yay for the review! Eeps for the server crash! That's awesome that so many people were looking into it though. xD Congratulations!!

Enjous
IRC Nick: Erie
Tumblr: swabbie-san

#39 Post by Enjous »

Downloaded the android version of this but there seems to be a glitch at the part where my character reminiscences her past 24 months at Talaam. The game just pauses for a bit then closes automatically. :|

I tried replaying it but it does the same thing. Also, there was an error script that appears every time I get to the part where my husband asks if I'm okay with naming our child "Terra".

I could always play this on my laptop but since I spend more time on my phone, what do I do about this issue? :cry:

ANYWAY, FOR MY PRAISE

It's a really good game. The art is pleasant, not too anime but not too shabby either. I like how the choices aren't just about my character's dialogue but her actions too. There wasn't much expansion on the details of Talaam's environment but I get that this game focuses more on interpersonal relationships and that's great. :D
For a free game this is really well-made, congratulations! Looking forward to your next releases! 8)

qirien
Miko-Class Veteran

#40 Post by qirien »

I sent you a PM; hopefully I can help you work something out! That's at the very end of the game...

I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Finished games:

qirien
Miko-Class Veteran

#41 Post by qirien »

Ah-ha, I found the bug about the baby's name... I'll be posting a new version soon that should fix that issue, as well as an error that could pop up right before the credits. Perhaps you can install the new version, load up your old game, and try it again? On Android it auto-continues, but you can still manually load games by either:
1) From the main menu, click on "Config", then "Load Game".
2) From inside the game, click on the little gear to the left of the text window to go to "Config". Then you can click "Load Game".
Even if you haven't made any manual saves, there should be some saves under the "Auto" button.

I think that your phone might have crashed trying to display the ending CG; it's a pretty big image. It worked on the two devices I was able to test on, but that's not very many. :) You can see the CGs on our artist's tumblr page, though, if you can't get it to work on your phone.
Finished games:

sonnet009
Regular
Completed: Rei, Aloners
Projects: Wilder
Organization: sonnet009 games
Tumblr: sonnet009

#42 Post by sonnet009 »

Nnngh, I played Our Personal Space last week and I've kept meaning and meaning to leave a comment here. I loved it! I'm always interested in a game that gives something new, and this totally did. The concept is just brilliant, and it's executed so, so well.

As a vocal stat-raiser hater, I have to say that the way its handled in this game is absolutely the way it should be done. The story doesn't suffer for it, and it actually leads to a bunch of new content depending on what you choose to do -- to me, that's the perfect way to handle stat raising.

I've only played through once so far, but I was delighted to get a very happy ending (and promising future!) with my family. And it didn't feel arbitrary -- it felt like the result of balancing work and domesticity, and of working on my new home and marriage. Overall, incredibly satisfying. As someone who is almost always in a game primarily for the romance, I thought that part of things was handled really, really well. It felt like a sometimes sweet, sometimes funny, often hard work, but ultimately rewarding relationship -- IN SPAAACE! On top of that, the idea of settling a new planet and the theme of community was just a joy to experience.

I mean, you've probably worked it out by now, but I loved this game. Thank you!

Rei - a supernatural high school romance (COMPLETE)
Aloners - a post-apocalyptic romance (COMPLETE)
Wilder - a forbidden fantasy romance (2017/2018)

Follow me on tumblr at sonnet009 or sonnet009games for updates.

qirien
Miko-Class Veteran

#43 Post by qirien »

@sonnet009 Thank you so much! I really loved Aloners, so such praise means even more coming from its author. :D
Finished games:

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#44 Post by Mad Harlequin »

This got a review over at Jay Is Games. Congratulations! :)
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

qirien
Miko-Class Veteran

#45 Post by qirien »

Thanks for noticing that! Awesome! :D
Finished games: