The Somewhere Series [Slice of Life][Humor][Short][Free]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
waffrus

The Somewhere Series [Slice of Life][Humor][Short][Free]

#1 Post by waffrus »

Hello! I'm Waffrus. Apologies in advance if I mess up. I've only just recently joined, and I don't often frequent forums, aha...

I made a series of short visual novels on newgrounds called The Somewhere Series. Named thusly because each game takes place in "the [insert place]", haha. It's an on-going series, but there are currently six completed entries. They're a bit experimental, so the art style varies in each.

The list of games in vaguely chronological order can be found here: http://www.newgrounds.com/playlists/vie ... 39dba06a62

The story revolves, so far, around the following:

Dani: Nora's big sister. Kind, though occasionally a bit bold. Or reckless, depending on who you ask.
Nora: Dani's little sister. Determined and very attached to her older sister. Refuses to accept Ren.
Ren: Dani's boyfriend. Easy-going. Does not like squid. But likes dinosaurs.

The plot hops from a meet cute in an elevator, to quirky dreams, Nora's various shenanigans, and more.

Preview images from The Grocery Store and The Woods.
ImageImage

Anyhow, I thought I'd share them here. I hope they amuse you? <:
Last edited by waffrus on Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sheridan
Regular
Completed: Tea & Sympathy, 51 cards

Re: The Somewhere Series [Slice of Life][Humor][Short][Free]

#2 Post by Sheridan »

I've played "The Cafe" and it was super cute, but I didn't realize this was a whole series. Nice =3

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#3 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Oh, welcome! I recall playing each of these on Newgrounds a while back. They're cute little games. :)
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

waffrus

#4 Post by waffrus »

Sheridan wrote:I've played "The Cafe" and it was super cute, but I didn't realize this was a whole series. Nice =3
Yes, most people seem to not realize that it's a series, so I thought I'd post here. I thought it was kind of funny that "The Cafe" somehow got singled out when it's in the middle of the series, haha. And thanks! <:
Mad Harlequin wrote:Oh, welcome! I recall playing each of these on Newgrounds a while back. They're cute little games. :)
Thank you, hehe. It's been fun making them. <: