Ripples

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Alessio
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: GO! Magical Boy (2006), Angelic Orbs (soundtrack)
Projects: Cyberlin (in progress)

Re: Ripples

#16 Post by Alessio »

Cute and nice, and made me smile. Thanks for causing the ripples. :-)

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#17 Post by Blue Lemma »

Just played last night. I agree, cute! :D Kuu has a nice voice.
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

Kura
Regular
Completed: Chasing the Sun
Projects: RESET

#18 Post by Kura »

I liked this quite a bit. It was a nice little story, and Kuu is such an awesome character. <3 I love her.

And there were kittens. Kittens make everything better.
Devblog :: Kura's VN Projects and Resources
Complete Chasing the Sun [a meditation on light] :: In Progress RESET [guilt, love, existentialism, and video games]

vnr4

#19 Post by vnr4 »

Ripples reviewed at VNR4.

Mirena (lazy mode)

#20 Post by Mirena (lazy mode) »

I just played your game, and I liked it very much. Maybe it wasn't very long, but it was sweet and still managed to make a point. Kuu having voice acting was a pleasant surprise, and I think she's great character.

Nobody

#21 Post by Nobody »

I have to agree pretty much with the VNR4 review. It's very cute but not much of a story, really. The voice, however, is angelic. Re-"played" the "game" twice just to listen to it. You should consider professional voice acting.

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#22 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

Nice little piece. The voice acting was pretty good too- though it did sound a bit like you were holding back, like you were cautious of blowing into the microphone- if so, think about getting a pop filter (or making your own). I think some lines could've been slowed down too.
Some voice acting for the player would've been nice too. As is, it seemed kind of like Kuu was giving a monologue. It was a really sweet voice though.

My favorite line was when Koda thought he might take Kuu's picture. Really sweet.

Good work~

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#23 Post by sake-bento »

Ah, many thanks for the comments on this. I am hoping that my voice acting will improve for my next one, and the main character will also be voiced. ::nodnod:: Your comments on this mean a lot in helping me decide what to improve upon for my current work, so I am very grateful.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#24 Post by mikey »

:P This was really nice - I appreciated the original graphics, they were simple, but what else does one need? The game seems to be made around the ripples metaphore, and it's really very sweet. This is also the perfect length, longer would actually be bad - a great job. Of course, last but not least, the voice acting is a particular treat - clean, clear, but still natural and not too distinctive - it fits very well here.

It's great to see a game that uses just the right amount of ingredients to express its message. The VA is very slightly leading the way, adding a subtle texture, complemented by the simple but nice artwork... in fact, I'm struggling to think about anything negative about this story. Most probably because there is nothing negative.

Congratulations on this little work, it's wonderful!

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#25 Post by mikey »

Hi everyone,

We've released a Slovak translation of this story.

In the translation, we tried most of all to capture the mood and point of the story, as well as the pacing of the conversations, therefore (since this is a voiced game) some of the dialogue that appears on the screen is not exactly a word-by-word line that is being spoken. However, this is because it has to be understood in context with the previously said, as well as the tone of the voice - which we tried to match first and foremost. A translation which would be more rigid would lose a lot of the game's atmosphere and the expression of the voiced parts. We did our best, and many thanks to Liu for proofreading and extra suggestions.

This translated release has a main menu screen added, with matching color scheme, as well as minor color tweaks to the background images.

Many thanks for sake-bento for making this little game, for her support and for allowing us to make this release.

You can download the game here:
http://atp.manga.sk/pages/ripples.htm

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#26 Post by mikey »

We have a first comment from the animedream.sk forum!

http://www.animedream.sk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=820
CHERCHERIN wrote: So I played Ripples. (love smileys) It was beautiful.
And the translation was really great;)

denzil
Veteran

#27 Post by denzil »

And there is now reply on the otakuland.cz forum. Here is the translation (hopefully correct):
I downloaded Ripples and I have to say it's great. I expected to be able to affect the story, but it doesn't matter. Still, it makes a person think. And the voice is so nice to listen to...
Practice makes purrrfect.
Finished projects: Broken sky .:. colorless day .:. and few more...

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#28 Post by mikey »

A (small) reply from the manga.sk forums to both games (Ripples & Hikari No Ribbon):
foxgirl wrote:I liked them both - they were (just) small sweet stories, but it was nice to be able to experience them.

Marcelo_Orlando
Veteran
Completed: Case of the missing bracelet, Case of the mysterious stalker
Projects: Horror/fantasy
Organization: Kaboyashi Square

#29 Post by Marcelo_Orlando »

I know I'm late...again but I just finished playing and nice job. very cute 8)