EVEning Course (the LSF@5 game)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

Re: EVEning Course (the LSF@5 game)

#16 Post by mikey »

Thanks for playing! Hmmm, making a male teacher and voice acting... it actually almost sounds logical, but I simply didn't want to do that kind of game. I'm not allergic to BxG or BxB, by no means, I'm just more comfortable like this - I don't know the mindset of a BxB relationship, so I'd end up writing as a man and pretending the other man is a woman. Which may well be how many of the BxB games are made (female writers can pretend the protagonist is a female...) but it's not authentic enough for me - not that I'd notice if a yaoi is written by a man or a woman, you can fool me easily with that - but I like to avoid this if I can. A voiced version would however definitely make the game better.
Ignosco wrote:As I played this without taking notes, and for the most part avoiding rollback, it came across as more of a language game, than a Ren'Ai VN.
Yes, I wanted it to be spiritually close to Idol/TYPE, kind of a focused gameplay... so maybe we can agree on "ren'ai language game with VN gameplay"?
Ignosco wrote:There are quite a few features of Slovak I wouldn't mind in English too, such as the uniform pronunciations.
Well, it's my favorite feature of the language. "Write like you hear" is the official term for this. But growing up like this, I for instance find really fascinating that in other languages letters can have various sounds, and even the arrangements of the letters in a word are very interesting - it's probably hard to explain, but you read the word with your eyes, and your mind speaks them one way, while at the same time you are speaking it out differently (e.g. when you read aloud). :P

cosmo
Regular
Projects: | ZUKUNFT | Wayang Kulit - A Shadow Play (WIP version 0.1) |

#17 Post by cosmo »

Hi mikey! Your game has just been recommended! :)

I have problems to download it. Currently the site does not seem to be accessible.
Can you add a new download location?

Or maybe: Can anyone help out?

All the best to you… !
Project: Wayang Kulit - A Shadow Play
Status: First demo version "Proof of Concept" of my first project is out.

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#18 Post by lordcloudx »

Here's a link to EVEning Course http://www.box.net/shared/qct23v172c
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

cosmo
Regular
Projects: | ZUKUNFT | Wayang Kulit - A Shadow Play (WIP version 0.1) |

#19 Post by cosmo »

Thank you, lordcloudx! This is very kind!! :)
Great!
Project: Wayang Kulit - A Shadow Play
Status: First demo version "Proof of Concept" of my first project is out.