Tomato Soup for the Heart [GxB NanoReno 2015]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Harliqueen
Veteran
Completed: Diving in Deep (NaNo15) The Lady's Choice(NaNo16) The Crossroads(NaNo17)
Projects: The Curse of Creek Edge
Organization: Seraphinite
Tumblr: seraphinitegames
Deviantart: SeraphiniteGames
itch: seraphinite

Re: Tomato Soup for the Heart [GxB NanoReno 2015]

#16 Post by Harliqueen »

I don't normally enjoy stat raising in games, but found it really enjoyable in this! :D I loved Tomatosoup, I'd been so excited to find out more about him whilst following your WIP thread in NaNo.

Some parts made me laugh out loud they were so great! Also the spinning tomato on the GUI was awesome.

Really enjoyed this, gonna go back and see about getting some more achievements! :)
Completed: Diving in Deep/The Lady's Choice/The Crossroads
Current WIP: The Curse of Creek Edge (NaNo2020)

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#17 Post by 15385bic »

ixWishing wrote: I'm curious to know if there'll be a later updated version with music o:
if ppl point out a lot of mistakes and we have to fix it then most likely corynth would love to put music in...otherwise...nope
Harliqueen wrote:I don't normally enjoy stat raising in games, but found it really enjoyable in this! :D I loved Tomatosoup, I'd been so excited to find out more about him whilst following your WIP thread in NaNo.

Some parts made me laugh out loud they were so great! Also the spinning tomato on the GUI was awesome.

Really enjoyed this, gonna go back and see about getting some more achievements! :)
i love stats raisers lol. plus i think they make it easier to break up the story so its easier to write (the lazy way out i know ^^')
but glad u enjoyed it 8D
Sharane wrote:I´m glad there is another game with stats raising - I like to see the improvement of my MC :)
I also must say, I like the backgrounds, especially the gardens and the court (where you learn magic control).
The name of the Demon was original, hehe. And the scene with bully was really sweet.
I just wonder how the stats bars work ;) First, I improved evertything to the same level, then I get only basic physical powers, mental fortitude and focused on magic control and magic knowledge. What combination is the best for passing the exam? And does it affect the relationship with demon or it´s just for the exam? I passed it, I´m just curious :)
the backgrounds were bought off dlsite
and usually you just need to equally spend time on all the sections in order to pass. how they work im not too sure either. currently i think they're random...( got ask corynth- she programs)
choices affect the relationship with tomatosoup but slack off on your tasks and he'd give up on you
lanawinst wrote:I played it 3 times already and it was really enjoyable, and so cute! Thank you ^_^

I got the good ending first, and then failed my grades and pissed Tomatosoup off on purpose to see what would happen. I still seem to have been missing quite a lot of content though, I've got only 4 achievements out of 9.
even i find it difficult to get all the achievements. good luck!

Kyonda

#18 Post by Kyonda »

Wow ..i really like ur games .. It was fun ... I got six achievments and i got the good end ... I'll keep trying until i get all of them
p.s: some people call me tomato as a nick name‏.‏‎..so i can know tomato soup's feeling

King-sama
Veteran
Deviantart: Treepastry

#19 Post by King-sama »

You are making a game behind my back? =_=* (why you only tell nica but not me your lovely pet OTL) ah well. Good thing you are still motivated to draw after what heppened (and have a good appetite for food too..) I will play this as a reward after I finish LAW facesets...which probably won't happen before the end of easter thing at least..//sigh
//pats and hugs and a kick for owner

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#20 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Hooray! At last it's time for my first feedback post for NaNoReNo '15!

This was a fun little entry. I noticed some problems with writing mechanics, but they were minor. You can always fix them up for a future release.

I liked the achievements. I still have a few to unlock, though. (I assume there's one for being a complete lazybones. I haven't been able to make myself fail on purpose yet. My real life work ethic carries over into games. :lol:)

One thing that would be a nice addition is an ending list. I've gotten several of them, but I know there are more, and having a checklist is always handy.

Good job!
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

princessgardinia

#21 Post by princessgardinia »

Arrglebargle! How do I get achievement three and achievement nine?? I don't need a step by step, but some hints would be nice.

Corynth
Regular
Completed: Halloween Otome, Valentines Otome
Projects: Christmas Otome
Organization: Synokoria
Tumblr: synokoria
Deviantart: Corynth-Synokoria
itch: synokoria

#22 Post by Corynth »

princessgardinia wrote:Arrglebargle! How do I get achievement three and achievement nine?? I don't need a step by step, but some hints would be nice.
Achievement 3 - Have low stats across the board. Very low stats.
Achievement 9 - Very high Magic Knowledge and Tomatosoup thinks highly of you.

For those who are interested in the titles of all the achievements and how to get them:
  1. 1. "Slacker." - Spend the first 3 days eating.
    2. "Seeing The Impossible." - Triggers when training Physical Prowess before its first bar is completely full.
    3. "Kicked Out." - All stats below 50% of first bar.
    4. "The Order." - Focus on Mental Fortitude without passing.
    5. "The Demon." - At least one full Magic Control bar and Tomatosoup likes you.
    6. "Fashion Critic." - Take every opportunity to insult Tomatosoup's clothes.
    7. "Success!" - pass the exam.
    8. "That’s Not My Name." - Get Tomatosoup's end. Requires passing.
    9. "The Apprentice" - Focus only on Magic Knowledge and getting Tomatosoup to like you.
For those interested in how to get all the epilogues:
  1. 1. Spend the first three days eating.
    2. Pass the exam without Tomatosoup liking you.
    3. Have all stats be 0. Requires a bad first day, eating for the rest and avoiding choices that increase stats.
    4. Have all initial stat bars less than half.
    5. Have all initial stat bars more than half but not completely full.
    6. Mental Fortitude higher than all other stats and none of the above are true.
    7. Physical Prowess higher than all other stats and none of the above are true.
    8. Magic Knowledge higher than all other stats, none of the above are true and you have NOT triggered "The Apprentice" this playthrough.
    9. Magic Control higher than all other stats and none of the above are true
There are two ends without an epilogue. Both are required to complete the achievement list and have a higher priority than all of the epilogues.

Thanks so much to everyone who took the time to play the game and give feedback. Seriously, you guys are amazing.

princessgardinia

#23 Post by princessgardinia »

Yessssssss, thank you! I've got them both now! I only did the first one, and didn't know about the extra stuff! Thanks again!

Junesong
Regular

#24 Post by Junesong »

Kawaii! Tomatosoup (insert real name here) is so cuuuuute x3 Got his ending on the second try, when he
delivered the food basket as a courtship ritual and acted all shy about it
he was so adorable! I would absolutely love for the game to be longer, and I will definitely look for new releases from you guys! ^_^

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#25 Post by 15385bic »

Kyonda wrote:Wow ..i really like ur games .. It was fun ... I got six achievments and i got the good end ... I'll keep trying until i get all of them
p.s: some people call me tomato as a nick name‏.‏‎..so i can know tomato soup's feeling
Are you a red head 8D?
i know some really pretty ones
oh and look at corynth's list for the achievements...i should paste them at the front pg...
King-sama wrote:You are making a game behind my back? =_=* (why you only tell nica but not me your lovely pet OTL) ah well. Good thing you are still motivated to draw after what heppened (and have a good appetite for food too..) I will play this as a reward after I finish LAW facesets...which probably won't happen before the end of easter thing at least..//sigh
//pats and hugs and a kick for owner
behind what back? this was clearly written in the nanoreno thread :P
good luck with LAW
Mad Harlequin wrote: I liked the achievements. I still have a few to unlock, though. (I assume there's one for being a complete lazybones. I haven't been able to make myself fail on purpose yet. My real life work ethic carries over into games. :lol:)

One thing that would be a nice addition is an ending list. I've gotten several of them, but I know there are more, and having a checklist is always handy.
Good job!
you can look through corynth's list for the achievements =]
and wasnt there an ending's list??? (cant remember if corynth put one in...)
Junesong wrote:Kawaii! Tomatosoup (insert real name here) is so cuuuuute x3 Got his ending on the second try, when he
delivered the food basket as a courtship ritual and acted all shy about it
he was so adorable! I would absolutely love for the game to be longer, and I will definitely look for new releases from you guys! ^_^
We probaby wont be turning this game into a longer one but we are using the same game play mechanics in Valentine otome - which would hopefully be a longer game =]

Akira Tsubakiya

#26 Post by Akira Tsubakiya »

@_@ I have been trying to get 8 and 9 but fail many times... Err.. Another hint?

Corynth
Regular
Completed: Halloween Otome, Valentines Otome
Projects: Christmas Otome
Organization: Synokoria
Tumblr: synokoria
Deviantart: Corynth-Synokoria
itch: synokoria

#27 Post by Corynth »

Akira Tsubakiya wrote:@_@ I have been trying to get 8 and 9 but fail many times... Err.. Another hint?
If you have the right stats(pass the exam for 8 and focused only on magic knowledge for 9) then the most likely explanation is... Tomatosoup just doesn't like you.

To get him to like you:
Choose to spend every weekend with him and when given a choice give him the following responses:
"Is it all you can eat?"
"So he ditched you?"
"You have no idea."

Getting sick because of too much stress or resting too much will decrease his affections as well so try to avoid those.
Hope that helps.

Akira Tsubakiya

#28 Post by Akira Tsubakiya »

Corynth wrote:
Akira Tsubakiya wrote:@_@ I have been trying to get 8 and 9 but fail many times... Err.. Another hint?
If you have the right stats(pass the exam for 8 and focused only on magic knowledge for 9) then the most likely explanation is... Tomatosoup just doesn't like you.

To get him to like you:
Choose to spend every weekend with him and when given a choice give him the following responses:
"Is it all you can eat?"
"So he ditched you?"
"You have no idea."

Getting sick because of too much stress or resting too much will decrease his affections as well so try to avoid those.
Hope that helps.
Yeah, thanks. I finally got everything. Yosh!

King-sama
Veteran
Deviantart: Treepastry

#29 Post by King-sama »

I got 8:9 thing.....should I be happy? ^^'
Your game was fun btw~ I like your unique ideas of your games! it's always different than what I usually see (as a story) (and your characters are always failing? ^^') congrats in your game! I really enjoyed it ^^
Pretty character design of Tomato! (I could realize how he went from cold to less cold later...)
playing this game teaches me that I should not slack.....
Do more games so I be having happily imaginary life =_=)b
Attachments
بدون عنوان.png

blackouthart
Tumblr: nocturnal-knight

#30 Post by blackouthart »

Hi! I really loved your game. I wanted to say, though, I've played it a LOT of times and I still can't manage to get Tomatosoup's ending. Is there any chance you could do a guide for that that's more in-depth than the ending/achievement list? Sorry :oops: