Diving in Deep [Romance/Fantasy][GxB][NaNo2015]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
yoshibb
Veteran

Re: Diving in Deep [Romance/Fantasy][GxB][NaNo2015]

#16 Post by yoshibb »

Got to play this yesterday and I wanted to post now to say how much I enjoyed it. The art was beautiful and I liked the progression of Quinn and Merrik's relationship. And is it bad that I totally loved the heck out Walton. Even if he was the bad guy, I enjoyed his personality and he had me laughing a few times.
And your killing me with filling that last ending piece. I don't want to let Merrik die >.<

Heiden
Regular
Completed: Elvine, The Life Threads, Helena's Flowers, Dr. Frank's Build-A-Boyfriend, Beyond the Deep, The Bog's Heart, The Girl With the Gray Hair Awakens, The Far Rings, NB107A
Projects: The Town Pages, Kill the Prince?! [Nano 2020]
Tumblr: heidengames
itch: Heiden

#17 Post by Heiden »

Harliqueen wrote:Thank you everyone for your support and downloading! It really means so much :) I truly hope you enjoy it.
Heiden wrote:I really enjoyed this!

I liked how Quinn's personality changed depending on how you responded and Merrik was a cutie~

I seem to be having trouble unlocking the last ending,
I've gotten the endings Still waters, Laid Bare, Left for Dead (This one was so funny, XD), Perfect Landing, and Broken Heart.
Any hints/tips? :)

Also CONGRATULATIONS ON FINISHING!!! I've been following your thread in the NanoWIP section so I was really excited to see that you finished!
I'm so glad you liked it :D Having Quinn's personality change was one thing I really wanted, and it was a definite even when I had to cut other things due to time constraint, so it's good it was enjoyable!

As for the last ending:
You can unlock the last ending by following the romance path, and at the end choosing to fight even though Merrik is wounded. Then when Walton fires the spear gun, choose to let it hit Merrik. A hard choice, but it's how the last one is unlocked!
Thank you so much for your feedback and playing the VN!
Yaay! Thank you! I was finally able to unlock it! :D :DDD

Btw, is it alright if I drew some fanart? :))
Completed: Elvine (GxB), The Life Threads, Helena's Flowers (GxG)(As Writer, Coder), Dr. Frank's Build-A-Boyfriend (BxB), Beyond the Deep (GxB)(As Artist), The Bog's Heart, The Girl with the Gray Hair Awakens, The Far Rings, NB107A.

All available to play on my itch.io page!

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bedtime, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace, NaNo2020 Molly
Projects: NaNo2021 Cracked Moonstone
Deviantart: Sunlit-Dreamer
itch: Sunlit-Dreamer

#18 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

Huh, thought others would've let you know about the few errors so far. I'm just gonna copy and paste from my notepad. I'm not quite sure for some of the expression names, since some of them flashed by really fast. There were also a few typos, and one moment where Quinn narrated her actions. Hahaha.

Image 'Quinn confused_um' not found
prize should be pry or pried??? (Beginning scene with the shell and statue)
forwards?
Image "Quinn none' not found
Image 'Quinn neutral_c' not found
that it this is indeed?
centres out from
image 'Quinn scared 2u?' not found
imagine of the outcome
The idea made had
image 'Quinn surprise?' not found
happy to do show you
grab up by pack
image 'Quinn flirt?' not found
image 'Quinn angry?' not found
It shouldn't do
image 'Quinn happy_2?' not found
them man's brow furrow
It's sat on
to reach it to the surface
Quinn: I swim close and pull the merman into a hug.
(Not really a bug, but the moment in the cavern when she's sitting on a rock, her hair is still all floaty. XD)

It's a good thing we're allowed to fix bugs and typos as much as we want with nanos.

Anyway, I really enjoyed playing this. I laughed so much, and I raged a bit sometimes. First ending I got was Safe Voyage, will be trying to get the others later. Was VERY intent on getting friendship route, no matter what. If I find more typos and such, I'll let you know!
ImageImageImageImage

Harliqueen
Veteran
Completed: Diving in Deep (NaNo15) The Lady's Choice(NaNo16) The Crossroads(NaNo17)
Projects: The Curse of Creek Edge
Organization: Seraphinite
Tumblr: seraphinitegames
Deviantart: SeraphiniteGames
itch: seraphinite

#19 Post by Harliqueen »

@xxxSakura- Thank you so much for playing through it! Part of the fun of the script was being able to come up with some of those responses :D I'm trying to work on the error now, and thank you so much for letting me know!

@yoshibb- Walton grew on me towards the end, even though he's the bad guy! He was still great fun to write :D Thank you so much for playing!
Writing some of the ending were tough and my heart in my throat at times, but I wanted there to be consequences of the choices the reader makes. I wanted more consequences to the choices throughout, but ran out of time!
@Heiden- Of course I wouldn't mind fanart, in fact I would absolutely LOVE fanart! :D

@Sunlit-Dreamer- Thank you for the list, any feedback is really appreciated! I will go back through the script and check those errors.

I'm trying to fix the image not found error for those who are getting it, I'm really sorry for it! It hasn't shown up on my tests or the people I sent it to, and I'm not entirely sure why it's doing it yet. But have asked for some help, and will hopefully be able to find out soon :D

Unfortunately, I will be away for Easter so will only be able to get on the forum randomly and sporadically until next Wednesday. But I will definitely sort this error as soon as I can, and once again I am really sorry for the inconvenience!

Until then-
Completed: Diving in Deep/The Lady's Choice/The Crossroads
Current WIP: The Curse of Creek Edge (NaNo2020)

Godline
Veteran
Completed: numerous
Tumblr: godlinegames
Deviantart: godline-games
itch: godline

#20 Post by Godline »

AMAZING. :)
I could not wait for this. The CGs are sooo pretty.
I've gotten three of the endings so far (now to try for the other three!).

Really, I'm astounded and expect good things from you in the future (if this is your first).

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild
Projects: Arena Circus
Tumblr: minyanstudios
itch: harlevin

#21 Post by minyan »

This looks fun, I'll definitely be giving it a try!
ImageImage

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#22 Post by philip »

Downloaded this and played through several times. Really enjoyed it; the story kept my interest, the art is wonderful. Need to go back again, I think there is an ending or two that I have not uncovered yet. Good job!

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

Harliqueen
Veteran
Completed: Diving in Deep (NaNo15) The Lady's Choice(NaNo16) The Crossroads(NaNo17)

#23 Post by Harliqueen »

@Godline- Thank you so much for the kind words! I'm really glad you enjoyed it :D It is my first visual novel, and I'm really excited to look more seriously into visual novels in the future!

@minyan- Hope you enjoy it if you manage to play it :) (Btw, I'm so looking forward to Arena Circus. It looks incredible!)

@philip- It's nice to hear you want to go back for the other endings, and thank you so much for the feedback! It's great to know people are enjoying the story.

I know I said I wasn't going to work on it until after Easter break, but I couldn't stand the thought of there being error with my VN :D

So, the image not found error should now be fixed! I have also gone through and corrected other small typos (thank you Sunlit-Dreamer).

These are the new download links, which I will also be adding to the top post:

Windows:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/elf7d ... .4-win.zip
Mac:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/u5wca ... .4-mac.zip
Linux:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/1d8ct ... ux.tar.bz2
All:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5yx3l ... .4-all.zip

If anyone downloads the new version and plays it, would you be kind enough to let me know if it plays correctly?
It should be fine, but you never know, right? ;) (And I did this until about 1 in the morning to get it out before my break, so I just wanna be certain!)

And now I am going away for Easter, lol, so will be on the forum sporadically until next Wednesday! (Gonna spend some time playing all the VNs that came out for NaNo myself :D )
Last edited by Harliqueen on Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#24 Post by AntiquedFae »

Congratulations on finishing! I'm looking really forward to playing; what you accomplished in a month is amazing! :D
You can call me Fae!
I offer proofreading and ideabouncing. You can find out more in my thread.

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bedtime, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace, NaNo2020 Molly
Projects: NaNo2021 Cracked Moonstone
Deviantart: Sunlit-Dreamer
itch: Sunlit-Dreamer

#25 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

You're welcome! I downloaded the newest version and got the rest of the endings. No more image errors popping up, yay~ And didn't spot any other typos either. so you're all good now. (Unless my brain fixed it automatically in my head.)

First ending I got is still my favorite, mainly because to me it's the most believable. (It's just me though, since I'm on the "it takes months/years to fall in love" team.) Really enjoyed playing your nano. ^^ Hope you have/had a great Easter! (Depending on when you get to read this post, ahaha.)
ImageImageImageImage

Harliqueen
Veteran

#26 Post by Harliqueen »

@AntiquedFae- Thank you so much :) A month was an interesting amount of time to produce something like this (especially as I'd never done it before!), but having a time limit really motivated me!

@Sunlit-Dreamer- Thank you so much again, I'm really appreciative of your feedback and playing it through! I was worried all night about it (that's why I am on this morning checking, when I should be away from my computer :D ), so it's nice to have my mind put at ease. I'm really glad you enjoyed it :)

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#27 Post by 15385bic »

i managed to get 2 endings and cant bring myself to make bad choices OTL
it was really nice and u did so much in a month! the art was great and i did like the story and the 2 main characters =D

Catlip Candy
Regular
Completed: Raven // Encanto
Projects: My Twisted Love Story (title susceptible to change)
Organization: Catlip Candy
Tumblr: catlipcandy
Deviantart: CatlipCandy
Soundcloud: Catlip Candy
itch: catlipcandy

#28 Post by Catlip Candy »

Um... where's the "next page" button for saving? I only have four slots... Or was it meant to be that way? I don't want to overwrite my save... Please help!

I haven't finish the story, and I really want to finish all the endings! The art is nice and the story is really interesting I want to finish playing it! Congratulations on your first VN! You've done well!
All I ask from the readers is to give feedback on what they think I should improve more.
Even the harshest comments are welcomed and greatly appreciated, as long as it is your truthful opinion!
Please help me become a better visual novel creator!

~~~~~~ Catlip Candy ~~~~~~~

Samantha

#29 Post by Samantha »

Finished the game in just a few play-throughs. i loved Quins character which is great because i usually hate MCs of Vns. Merrik was very sweet and charming. The art was so beautiful.I wasn't expecting to see so many beautiful CGs in a NaNoReNo project. (though i really wished there was a gallery so i can re-watch my favorite CGs. having 4 saving slots didn't looked very problematic to me as the game was simple to follow with a few saves.
All in all this game was a perfect surprise package with beautiful art, engaging writing, fun and original characters and a very interesting story.
And did i mention how i love the "whale's melody" .
Congratulation on releasing your first game. It felt like pro material .

Kyonda

#30 Post by Kyonda »

nice game... i got all the endings :D and i like the cgs