Claudia [Fairytale, Romance] [NaNoRenO 2015]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
laspis
Completed: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?t=31016

Claudia [Fairytale, Romance] [NaNoRenO 2015]

#1 Post by laspis »

Hi everyone!
This is my first time joining NaNoRenO. The game is my first ever game made using Ren'Py, and the first ever game I ever finish. Just typing is making me nervous *sweats*
This game is a short kinetic novel about 15 minutes long loosely based on a fairytale called "Little Brother and Little Sister".
I worked on the project solo and used free resources.
This game is actually a part of a bigger story that is currently being written.
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ccbpn ... .0-all.zip
Enjoy!
-------------Story----------------
Nak encounters a mysterious girl called 'Vivace' who claims to be a fairy. This encounter leads to many unexpected events....When Nak finally gets adopted, his new 'mother' is not the kind of person he expects her to be. Through the harsh days living in a secluded mansion behind iron fence, the only thing that keeps him alive is a girl called Claudia.

--------------Characters---------------
Claudia has no idea about all of the misfortune that she will be going through. She is a calm and emotionless girl who is wounded heart and soul.
Claudia has no idea about all of the misfortune that she will be going through. She is a calm and emotionless girl who is wounded heart and soul.
Prince Philbert is easy-going but sometimes idiotic, your typical prince character. His mother is Queen Snow White, who currently rules the kingdom.
Prince Philbert is easy-going but sometimes idiotic, your typical prince character. His mother is Queen Snow White, who currently rules the kingdom.
Vivace is a girl of mysterious origins. She is always smiling, but under that young, cheerful face is a deep scar..
Vivace is a girl of mysterious origins. She is always smiling, but under that young, cheerful face is a deep scar..
The Red Witch, the "antagonist". Most of the stories about this lady remains unclear. But one thing that is certain, is the fact that under that pretty appearance lies a devil.
The Red Witch, the "antagonist". Most of the stories about this lady remains unclear. But one thing that is certain, is the fact that under that pretty appearance lies a devil.
The Little Red Riding Hood who lives in the palace with Snow White and Philbert. She never shows any emotion and looks down on everyone. She is also in suspicion of being part of a 'big plan'.
The Little Red Riding Hood who lives in the palace with Snow White and Philbert. She never shows any emotion and looks down on everyone. She is also in suspicion of being part of a 'big plan'.
Akai is Nak's best friend that accompanied him from the mainland. You wouldn't want to mess with him.
Akai is Nak's best friend that accompanied him from the mainland. You wouldn't want to mess with him.
Nak - A boy from the south east. He acts carefree but is also very sensitive and easily discouraged at times.

Statistics:

The game contains 642 dialogue blocks, containing 5,241 words and 28,127
characters, for an average of 8.2 words and 44 characters per block.

The game contains 0 menus, 52 images, and 12 screens.

Screenshots:
screenshot0002.png
screenshot0001.png
Again, this is my first finished game, so tell me if you have any suggestions, comments, or concerns!

---------------------------------------
Follow me on twitter to see my game progresses: @karita_solo
My tumblr: karita-01

Harliqueen
Veteran
Completed: Diving in Deep (NaNo15) The Lady's Choice(NaNo16) The Crossroads(NaNo17)
Projects: The Curse of Creek Edge
Organization: Seraphinite
Tumblr: seraphinitegames
Deviantart: SeraphiniteGames
itch: seraphinite

Re: Claudia [Fairytale, Romance] [NaNoRenO 2015]

#2 Post by Harliqueen »

Congratulations on finishing! Gonna download now and have a play through :D
Completed: Diving in Deep/The Lady's Choice/The Crossroads
Current WIP: The Curse of Creek Edge (NaNo2020)

sonorousgem
Regular

#3 Post by sonorousgem »

Congrats on finishing your first game ^.^ I played through it and liked it, although
I thought the romance between Nak and Claudia was a little weird/rushed... don't think that happens in the original? But it's okay I like romance lol.
Your sprites were nice and I always enjoy Kevin Macleod music :)

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#4 Post by MaiMai »

Congratulations on finishing!
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

laspis
Completed: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?t=31016

#5 Post by laspis »

Thank you very much, everyone! I hope I can do better on my next game :D
Follow me on twitter to see my game progresses: @karita_solo
My tumblr: karita-01