Those Without Names [Slice of Life,Siblings][NaNo2015]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Feral Phoenix
Regular
Completed: Uncommon Time, The Witch-in-Training and the Magic Seal, Refinery
Projects: The Sullen Boku Girls Alliance
Tumblr: dialoguelostloop
itch: feralphoenix

Re: Those Without Names [Slice of Life,Siblings][NaNo2015]

#61 Post by Feral Phoenix »

Finally sat down to get all the endings I missed the first time around, so I came back with fanart!

I also took the liberty of adding Those Without Names to my (continually lengthening) free games reclist. o/
My Games Hub Page
Original
Uncommon Time (RPG Maker VX Ace) | Refinery (Ren'Py) | The Sullen Boku Girls Alliance (RPG Maker VX Ace)
Collab
The Witch-in-Training and the Magic Seal (RPG Maker VX Ace - illustration, English translation)
Translated
Tragic Muppets (RPG Maker VX Ace) | The Gaol of Eternity (RPG Maker XP) | I Wished For (RPG Maker VX Ace) | Gathering the Magic (RPG Maker VX Ace) | Rainy Drop (RPG Maker VX Ace)

yuucie
Regular
Completed: NaNoReNo[2015] Those Without Names
Tumblr: an-na-ko

#62 Post by yuucie »

Oh gosh, I really appreciate all the heartfelt feedback. ;__; (I'm so sorry for being so slow to reply orz)

@Kokoro Hane I'm glad I got it right!! Thank you, I'm looking forward to your VN blog!
Yes, there are other endings! Only one of them talks about what happened though.

Hahaha, I'm so glad you appreciated that part when Thirteen mistakes their relationship. :lol: I've seen it happen to my other friends and their siblings too, so I thought it must be a unique experience to close brothers and sisters LOL. My sister and I are both girls, so it never happened to us. I wanted to keep in mind how it was different for them in other ways!
@neuropsy Wow, your comment was so poetic and detailed. I'm honestly blown away by your words. Thank you, thank you so much for playing and taking the time to express your feelings so beautifully. I really am honoured you enjoyed the game so much! ;_;

I understand what you mean about dreams too. Sometimes, even if you know you're dreaming, it's hard to shake yourself awake or to be completely sure of it. That dream sounds pretty scary, not because anything terrible happened, but because it felt so realistic. Thank you for the offer!! If I do want to write about dreams again, I will definitely ask.

@HnubNtuj Thank you! I had to rewrite
the default ending
a few times because it's the first time I've written anything emotionally intense, so I'm glad my feelings got across! I'm glad you enjoyed the game and the soundtrack too!

@Ghost-Rain Wow, thank you! I had an emotional time writing the script, but I wasn't sure how to articulately express myself, so I didn't know if my feelings came across. I'm really, honestly thankful that you were so moved. ;_;

The music are all royalty free! I'll put up a zip file with all the music and a note where I sourced them from, as well as links to their sites. I'm glad you enjoyed them!

Soundtrack Download: Dropbox Link
Kevin MacLeod and Deceased Superior Technician

Yes, there's one more ending! I have a guide for all the ends in my first post (under a spoiler tag) if you would like to follow it! I don't think it's as painful as the others (I personally liked it a lot HAHA)
Yes, the unsettling feeling of not knowing whether you're awake or not is the feeling I wanted to put into the Denial End. I wanted to have an open end for people who really don't want them to be dead, but I also didn't want to confirm whether they're alive or not. I'm glad it felt unsettling!

My sister actually got the Denial End as her first end too, and she said she liked it, because she felt like it was easier to go back to a simpler time even if she wasn't sure if it was real or not. In a way, I feel like "Denial" is the most fitting title for that end.
Thank you so much for playing it and taking the time to let me know how you felt!

@Feral Phoenix Thank you so much for the fanart! I saw it on tumblr and was so blown away! She's just so adorable in your art style. Q//A//Q Thank you also for the rec, I'm really honoured! (Also, I like the sound of some of the other games. I'll have to give them a try!)

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#63 Post by Lesleigh63 »

Well this was very nicely done (Can't believe you made it all in just one month!)

I'm a girl with a twin brother - so I liked the way the sibling relationship was written. I was very close to my brother when we were growing up and we spent a lot of time together. I got the acceptance ending and I'm sticking with it.

The story idea isn't new but it's portrayed in a fresh interesting manner which makes it all work.

Liked the art.

Thanks for taking the time to make it.

surfacelines
Tumblr: surfacelines

#64 Post by surfacelines »

Played this recently, acquired all endings, and was highly impressed.
Also, shed many girly tears.
The story was well thought out and beautifully written and the relationship between the characters was so authentic; it was both painful and bitter-sweet.
Congratulations on a wonderful game and thank you for sharing it!

Cindersky

#65 Post by Cindersky »

Playing "Those Without Names" was an amazing experience! The graphics were beautiful, and the plot line was very creative. To be honest, this whole story gives off this bittersweet feeling.

The first route I got was the Acceptance Ending: Moving On, but if I had to choose a favorite, personally I would choose the Attachment Ending. I loved how Leo decided to stay for Ember, until they were able to move on together.

I know this game isn't exactly new, but still, thank you for sharing this game with everyone.

PS. The whole concept of this Visual Novel reminds me of Angel Beats.
Last edited by Cindersky on Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Undine

#66 Post by Undine »

Thank you so much for sharing this game! Tears were shed, art was admired, and the soundtrack was amazing.

Got the Acceptance Ending on my first playthrough and am working up the fortitude to check the remaining endings... talk about bittersweet.

10/10 would recommend to anyone else sitting on the fence about TWN. :)

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Starlight Dreamers, Mysterious Melody, Town of Memories, Marked, To Fly, The Change, Him From The Past, A Forgotten Memory
Projects: Cafe Mysteria

#67 Post by AsHLeX »

I remember commenting on this thread a long time ago after playing it, but I'm so tempted to comment again.
So, I was looking for stories about platonic sibling relationships and vaguely remembered playing a visual novel on it before... That's how I ended up playing this through again.
I teared up at each of the endings.
Come to think of it, my feelings when I was playing it now compared to back then were pretty similar, except i'm a lot closer to my brother now than I was then. I think sibling relationships have something special about them. Like in my case, I sometimes feel like the only person who has any hope of understanding me is my brother - he was the one who helped me when I was at my lowest.
I think you conveyed this feeling between Eight and Zero very well.
Playing it again now though, I can't help but think about how similar it is to Deemo ^^"
I know i'm digging up an old game thread but if anyone's seeing this and hasn't played it yet, I would definitely recommend. :)
New demo out 24/12/23!!

tanukid
Tumblr: tanukid
Deviantart: tanukid

#68 Post by tanukid »

I just played this game. And I enjoyed it! The backgrounds and characters were drawn well and the colors chosen are very appealing. I liked how many backgrounds are used in a small game and each of them were drawn warmly with a lot of personality in it. I was tugging my heartstrings by the end of the story because you could really feel the loneliness that shrouded both Seven and Zero as each day passes. Overall, the sparseness really works and it was a pleasurable experience. Good job!

SelLi
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Silent Column Demo, Memory Mage
Projects: The Silent Column, A Lily from the Lightless Water, A Castle on an Island
Deviantart: SelLillianna
itch: SelLillianna

#69 Post by SelLi »

Played and enjoyed. :)