Sunrise | A Dieselpunk Fairy Tale (GxB, Fantasy)[NaNoRenO15]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Green Glasses Girl
Veteran
Projects: Cavaliers & Carnivals
Tumblr: green-glasses

Re: Sunrise | A Dieselpunk Fairy Tale (GxB, Fantasy)[NaNoRen

#31 Post by Green Glasses Girl »

Finished the game and got the Sunrise ending. I'm afraid to play it again to see the other endings since this one felt fulfilling to me, ahh~

Anyway, LOVED IT. Writing, art, GUI, coding and music were all FANTASTIC, making this my favorite of the NaNoRenO 2015 games. This needs more love, let me tell you. Your group deserves it!

Okay, thoughts:
I really enjoyed the scene with James where Sofia was trying to get him to write a letter for her. I was like "OH MAN OKAY NOW SHE'S GOING TO GET OUT OF THIS" but then Abel and Shiye walked in, and I thought "NOOOOO." Throughout the entire story, I felt Sofia's frustrations of her predicament. Which is good!

Shiye was my favorite character. He was sort of naive, but in a really cute way. I always like idealistic characters, even with their flaws.

Even though Abel was nice to James, I still couldn't get myself to like Abel just because how he treated Sofia! I just really wanted to kick him most the time, hahaha.

The witch spooked the hell out of me. Especially in the Sunrise ending where the witch just kind of stares at Sofia and Shiye before fading away. *shivers*
I really hope your team works together in the future for another project. I would definitely enjoy seeing more of this.

Honest Critique

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

#32 Post by Hazel-Bun »

@Green Glasses Girl Thanks so much for playing!!

Long time no update ^0^

Just wanted to share some exciting news that Paul Lee finally completed the behind the scenes website for Sunrise! It still has some errors/things to add and take out, but it looks pretty darn cool. I'm in the process of getting it onto a personal server/fixing something up with him, and he said he had a lot of fun creating it.

Also, we got another Let's Play which is nice by PolishLnyx. Thanks so much as always for playing, loving it or hating it, and do support all of us in our own endeavors.
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

qirien
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Metasepia Games
Deviantart: qirien
Github: qirien
itch: qirien
Discord: qirien

#33 Post by qirien »

What a lovely VN! I loved the art style and the character's expressions; they were great at suggesting their personalities. I would love to see more tales from this setting - it seems like we just scratched the surface of Sanoria. Beautiful GUI, and I liked the endings.

One thing, though - I tried to click on the survey link in the game, and it didn't do anything. If you PM it to me, I'd be glad to take it. :-)
Finished games:

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

#34 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Here's a link to the end of the game survey if anyone else has issues in the future! Happy Happy New Year ")
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.