WANTED: Dragon [GXB, NanoRenO15]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
welcometootomehell
Tumblr: welcometootomehell

Re: WANTED: Dragon [GXB, NanoRenO15]

#16 Post by welcometootomehell »

I LOVE this game. Evil, manipulative female protagonists are my entire life, and dragons are also my entire life somehow. This game's premise is flawless, and the content delivered. Well written, well drawn, A+. (I'll be doing an actual review soonish on my tumblr if you care). Thank you so much for making this game and sharing it with the world!

Anyway, questions:
1. What ending did you get first?
Dragon Queen <3
2. Were there any characters you were immediately drawn to?
I love the protagonist with a passion, but I immediately knew the LI I'd like best was Balrung
3. Would you like to see a voiced version of this somewhere down the track?
Voice acting doesn't really matter to me too much. I'd MUCH rather see more CGs in the game.

Also, if you don't mind sharing, how do you get the first and last endings for Cyril? I've worked everything else out, but for some reason I just can't manage those two.

Godline
Veteran
Completed: numerous
Tumblr: godlinegames
Deviantart: godline-games
itch: godline

#17 Post by Godline »

No Niir fans yet?! Disssssssssssappointing. Hehe. :)
Arowana wrote:Good villain protagonists can be challenging to write imo, but Chrysandra is just so witty and charming and shamelessly evil that I can’t help but love her. :lol: The dialogue is general is great and made me laugh a lot!
Thanks! It was a lot of fun to write for sure. I think qirien and I got a little too attached to Chrysandra.
The dragon forms in the CGs are actually really cute imo! It’s too bad the dragons aren’t shown outside of the CGs (like when Chrysandra transforms into a dragon, her normal side sprite is still shown). But that’s totally understandable given the NaNo timeframe!
Alas, time constraints. Maybe if we had TWO months. Haha. But you know all about that. ;)
CSV wrote: Cyril (he is adorable!) and, of course, the MC!
Thank you! And yes, Cyril is adorable.
welcometootomehell wrote:I LOVE this game. Evil, manipulative female protagonists are my entire life, and dragons are also my entire life somehow. This game's premise is flawless, and the content delivered. Well written, well drawn, A+. (I'll be doing an actual review soonish on my tumblr if you care).
Thanks, we kind of like it too. ;)
welcometootomehell wrote:I'd MUCH rather see more CGs in the game.
That ol' time restraint thing. But if Anne gets enough people requesting, she might just comply.
welcometootomehell wrote:Also, if you don't mind sharing, how do you get the first and last endings for Cyril? I've worked everything else out, but for some reason I just can't manage those two.
CYRIL SPOILERS AHOY!
There are two endings for normal Cyril and two endings for insane Cyril. How do you make Cyril insane? I'll leave that for you to work out - but it's pretty obvious really. And then depending on the options at the end, you may get one of the additional endings.

Skit

#18 Post by Skit »

Godline wrote:Thank you so much for that xavimat! You're a lifesaver! (I'll update Indie DB at a later date).

QUESTIONS
1.The Ending i get first are Queen Gambit
I am bit confused because everytime i play on other route i always get the first one in the extra ending gallery could you provide some little walkthrough?

2.The Character i immediately drawn to are Balrung!
He looks handsome to me KYAAAAA!!!!!

3.Voiced version?I don't realy care if it voiced or not
But would be good if this game voiced i say
I started drawing when i enter this forum
but drawing a full character is soo hard
then i decide to draw a chibi.

Look at My chibi here!
oh also i drew my chibi to look like fairy tail Character because i love fairy tail!!!!

bloodband

#19 Post by bloodband »

Instantly drawn in by evil!MC and dragons. Basically my two favorite things. I have a question though, are there supposed to be CGs? I've done 5 or 6 play-throughs and have only gotten 1 in the ending where
Chrys turns into a dragon.
I don't mind either way but I see some people mentioning seeing the dragon form in CGs and I've yet to see those despite doing all their endings, so I'm a little confused!
Niir's "Definitely True Love" ending. Ahaha he's precious. Thank you for the duck.
Niir! I usually hate the player/flirty types but he was too adorable. His hissing and ears probably drew me in. I do like, in games with monster-type characters, to have some actual differences in behavior and stuff I guess.

I read faster than characters can ever talk so I can't say it matters to me.

The music was great, it definitely had a "twisted dragon"/"medieval" sound to it. I loved the MC, and torturing Cyril was basically the best thing ever. I feel like the game could have used some more time to describe the MC's inner thoughts/plans or describe what was going on. A couple situations left me a little confused. But the writing was really great and I loved everyone's interactions.
I'm definitely having trouble getting the twisted Cyril and alone ending though. I must say, took maybe a little too much pleasure stabbing him in Balrung's routes. /evil laughter.
Time to try and figure out these other endings...

qirien
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Metasepia Games
Deviantart: qirien
Github: qirien
itch: qirien
Discord: qirien

#20 Post by qirien »

Yay, so glad to see people enjoying our work! Chrysandra is SOOO fun to write; she gets to say all the things we think of but would never say don't usually say. :twisted:

I wish we had time for more CGs, too! I always think of the main menu image as Balrung's CG, but that's just me... :D

The two CGs we have are for:
Niir's not-so-great ending, "Never Too Late", and Cyril's "Dragon Queen" ending.
If you like the music, here's where you can download it from:
Wes Landaker - Chrysandra's Theme and Cyril's Theme
Bo Moonlight - Balrung's Theme
BLS - Niir's Theme
clbustos - Evil Theme
Finished games:

Anne
Veteran
Completed: Fae

#21 Post by Anne »

I don't quite agree
with this ending being not-so-great, it actually is my favourite ending. While Chrysandra's situation is quite different I feel different endings don't change much in terms of character relationships - yes, meaning to me both Balrung's endings are bad, there's just not enough time for a proper relationship with someone like him here - not so with Niir and both his endings are - once again, to me - good, with Never Too Late being more romantic (just a tiny little bit but still) and opening more possibilities - just imagine where they can go from there and what they can do, I think that freedom will make Chrysandra happier than being stuck on the throne

nipaa_kazuma
Regular

#22 Post by nipaa_kazuma »

Hello there =) !

I got Dragon Queen and I have no regrets ! Being a Dragon is fantastic !
I liked the heroine very much, I like her being evil and enjoying it.
And even if I hadn't any preference at first, turns out that Niir was my absolute favourite of all boys !
I still have two endings to obtain with Moronious =) so maybe I'll change my mind...
(but I doubt it because of Niir's cutenessssss)
I'm always happy for extra features but I don't know if the voices I made up in my head during playing can be easily remplaced ^^.

I also think like Anne :
I enjoyed Niir both endings more than Balrung's, especially the "never too late" one in which she seems to consider him more than just a tool.

DodoTofu

#23 Post by DodoTofu »

Dragon Queen
Loved Balrung. He just seemed very genuine. Yeah he was deceptive but he never hid that fact either. That and he was the most mature of the three and that's a personal preference for me.

Personally, no. I usually turn voices off on games that have them. I give them my own voices in my head and it ruins it a bit to hear someone else speaking instead. I understand the draw, but it's just not for me.

Note:
I'm having a lot of trouble getting Cyril to go insane. I feel like I'm missing something very obvious. I'm still trying though. I'll figure it out eventually, just missing those two endings.

Godline
Veteran

#24 Post by Godline »

nipaa_kazuma wrote: And even if I hadn't any preference at first, turns out that Niir was my absolute favourite of all boys !
I still have two endings to obtain with Moronious =) so maybe I'll change my mind...
(but I doubt it because of Niir's cutenessssss)
Hahaha. I thought I wouldn't really care for Niir because I made up my mind that Cyril was my favorite before we started writing. But then Niir just flowed. And he's awesome. <3

As for the endings with Cyril my all time favorite ending of the game is
the dark queen - or really the dark Cyril ending. Which you can only get my making Cyril insane and then using the scepter on Balrung.
bloodband wrote:I loved the MC, and torturing Cyril was basically the best thing ever. I feel like the game could have used some more time to describe the MC's inner thoughts/plans or describe what was going on. A couple situations left me a little confused. But the writing was really great and I loved everyone's interactions.
I'm definitely having trouble getting the twisted Cyril and alone ending though. I must say, took maybe a little too much pleasure stabbing him in Balrung's routes. /evil laughter.
We started writing with almost no inner narration and then decided it needed it. But it worked out in the end.
That's getting into the evil!MC spirit
DodoTofu wrote:
I'm having a lot of trouble getting Cyril to go insane. I feel like I'm missing something very obvious. I'm still trying though. I'll figure it out eventually, just missing those two endings.
Love your name. ;)

I'll take pity and give you a hint. Haha.
Ignore him the two times it's offered to you, and make the walls speak. That'll make him go crazy. ;)

DodoTofu

#25 Post by DodoTofu »

Godline wrote:I'll take pity and give you a hint. Haha.
Ignore him the two times it's offered to you, and make the walls speak. That'll make him go crazy. ;)
I actually just came back to report that I had finally gotten the right combination, lol. Felt super dumb when it finally dawned on me.
Loved the "Dark Queen" ending. Cyril gained major points for becoming so dangerous.
That's the last of the endings. Thank you for making such an enjoyable game!

Godline
Veteran

#26 Post by Godline »

DodoTofu wrote: That's the last of the endings. Thank you for making such an enjoyable game!
Thanks for playing and reporting back to us! :)
I would absolutely love to do something more with that Cyril ending. There's so much potential for another story in there!

Who knows. One day Wanted: Dragon could have a sequel. ;)
We could pick the three best endings and expand on them. Hmmm... so many ideas!

nipaa_kazuma
Regular

#27 Post by nipaa_kazuma »

I came back after using the hint ! Err I mean after finding the correct combinaison...
I must say the Dark queen end is actually quite nice, I can imagine the two of them going to conquer the world. When the dragons told they couldn't see the heroine, I almost wondered if they were joking or not XD.
I certainly won't be alone to say that but if you're actually interested of doing a sequel, please do so !
I'm always eager to play more !

WalkthroughGoddess

#28 Post by WalkthroughGoddess »

I got "Definitely True Love", I like and don't like it. I would like a more definite "they fell in love ending" but at the same time I don't think it'd be true to them?
I have a thing for guys like Niir... So Niir. Though I gotta say I like what you did with Balrung, I didn't really like him especially at first but once I tried his path I was like... Dang...

I have enough voices in my head to listen to.
No, but in seriousness I don't really listen to the voices even if they're implemented? I mean maybe once just to see what they are supposed to sound like, but that's it. That being said, I'm sure others would really like it.

Quick Question:
Is Cyril a masochist or was he being sarcastic with that whole "Look me in the eyes - Gives me shivers" thing?

FruitSeller

#29 Post by FruitSeller »

Ahhh this was such a good visual novel to play! I'm so glad I downloaded it.

Queen's Gambit. Ah, Balrung is just <33
Girlll, you know Balrung was my man. Moronious drew me in as well, but I haven't actually gone on any of his paths yet. I absolutely adore the heroine though, she's got that perfect mix of beautifully evil.

I think not, personally. I tend to enjoy VN's more when they're not voiced because that way their voices can be whatever in the world I want them to be---or none at all!

I seriously really really really liked this VN and and I super duper thank you for writing it so well! Ah, now it's time to get like six other endings...

Godline
Veteran

#30 Post by Godline »

nipaa_kazuma wrote:
I must say the Dark queen end is actually quite nice, I can imagine the two of them going to conquer the world. When the dragons told they couldn't see the heroine, I almost wondered if they were joking or not XD.
Cyril would still be totally whipped, but it's nice to explore the fact that even he has a dark side. Mwhahahahaha.
FruitSeller wrote: I seriously really really really liked this VN and and I super duper thank you for writing it so well! Ah, now it's time to get like six other endings...
Thank you! Balrung was all qirien. Hehe. ;) And that route was fantastic.
WalkthroughGoddess wrote:1. What ending did you get first?
I got "Definitely True Love", I like and don't like it. I would like a more definite "they fell in love ending" but at the same time I don't think it'd be true to them?
Is Cyril a masochist or was he being sarcastic with that whole "Look me in the eyes - Gives me shivers" thing?
As for Niir:
As much as I'd love a 'they fell in love' - that's something that could be explored further really. Niir's not the type who'll be sticking around with kingdom business, unlike Balrung. I likened Niir more to a cat, who comes back to his master after he's had his fun. Haha. But at least she gets to be the master in the relationship. ;)
And Cyril:
Cyril doesn't do sarcasm. Haha. He's a rather pathetic young mage who has no experience with women, but since he does potentially have feelings for our MC that does make him a bit of a masochist... ;)