WANTED: Dragon [GXB, NanoRenO15]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
StarbornWings
Tumblr: StarbornWings
Deviantart: StarbornWings

Re: WANTED: Dragon [GXB, NanoRenO15]

#61 Post by StarbornWings »

DrSchizo wrote:Nice feeback, but you should definitely edit the message and use the spoiler tag ;)

Ex:
You can't read this by mistake
Did you play it online or did you download the zip archive?
Thank you for letting me know about that. I wasn't sure how to do it at first.

I downloaded the zip.

BornSecular

#62 Post by BornSecular »

So I'm late to the game on this thread, but I loved this little game. I wrote a short review on it and another NanoRenO15 game for Gamervescent if anyone's interested in my gushing about it. Spoiler free. :)

I think I got Balrung's Queen ending first, but I tried to get them all.

My favorite character was definitely the protagonist. Too many of the VNs I've played have boring PCs.

I'm "meh" on having it voiced. It wouldn't sound the same as it does in my head. ;)

qirien
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Metasepia Games
Deviantart: qirien
Github: qirien
itch: qirien
Discord: qirien

#63 Post by qirien »

Thank you for your generous review! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. :-D
Finished games:

YossarianIII
Veteran
Completed: Guns & Lovers; SRRT!; Kill Your Refrigerator; Banality Man; Beretta Mondatta
Projects: Solidarity Forever
Organization: KONOL Games

#64 Post by YossarianIII »

I've been meaning to post here forever... figured I should do it before the next NanoRenO starts. :D

While I don't generally play/read/watch much in the romance genre, I'll always make an exception for a game where
the protagonist poisons her sister and turns herself into a goddamn dragon queen! (Dragon Queen w/ Cyril was my first ending)
Honestly, I was drawn to Cyril first because he was clearly the best-dressed of the 3. With the other 2 it was just like, bro, I get it: you're a dragon and you're ripped, but you dress like you're the rhythm guitarist for No Vacancy (the villain band in School of Rock).
Then Niir starts picking on Cyril by stealing his hat, and I'm like "Dude, that's OUR thing. It's only funny when I harass Cyril." So I definitely didn't intentionally pick the dragons for anything on my first playthrough, haha.
As for voicing, I'm kind of indifferent on that -- even if voice acting is AAA, I often skip ahead once I've read text, so it usually doesn't add much value for me personally.

I think my favorite part was
Chrysandra's line about croquet -- it would indeed be a more interesting game if you could hit the players instead of just the balls. :D
Also, the sprites, UI, and backgrounds were all cool, especially for the Nano timeframe. The only thing I noticed (especially on a speed-read replay to get insane Cyril) was that some of the facial expressions may have been a little too subtle to read at a glance? IMHO, it could be cool for a future game to emphasize the different facial expressions a little more... but either way, it's a fairly minor detail.

Overall, I enjoyed it, and I'll be excited to see if you do anything this year, either as a team or individually!

Image Image

crystalscm
Regular
Completed: Suiyue
Projects: Scales of Fate
itch: tsukimii

#65 Post by crystalscm »

1. What ending did you get first?
Never Too Late (Niir)

2. Were there any characters you were immediately drawn to?
Niir. His way of speech is interesting, for one thing. Also, his personality appeals to me.

3. Would you like to see a voiced version of this somewhere down the track?
I'd love to. I'm fine with any version, though I'm curious as to what they would sound like if they did have voices...

Godline
Veteran
Completed: numerous
Tumblr: godlinegames
Deviantart: godline-games
itch: godline

#66 Post by Godline »

Thanks for sharing!

I really wanted to do an alternative universe to this during the last nanoreno, but it was not to be. Alas. ;)

kistnerelizabeth
Regular

#67 Post by kistnerelizabeth »

I'm not quite done with all the endings, but I have played this game and thought I'd drop by to say hi and tell you what I think so far.

You did awesome with drawing and making the game. I liked the style of the game and the different characters. I've only tried out Niir so far, but I enjoyed his route. He's definitely quite the interesting character, especially his way of talking and his personality.

Now, I'm not saying this in a mean way, but Chrysandra could be so mean to some of the characters. I do like her, still. She definitely knows what she wants and does a good job fighting for it. I just felt so bad about how she teased Cyril. It might just have to do with me being a super nice person that's too afraid to be mean or be bullied, but yeah... that was the only issue I had with this game.

Otherwise, I'm enjoying it a lot and will continue playing it and actually drop a better review later. Keep up the good work! :)

qirien
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Metasepia Games
Deviantart: qirien
Github: qirien
itch: qirien
Discord: qirien

#68 Post by qirien »

Hey, sorry to bump an old post, but I wanted to let everyone know this game is now available in Spanish! If you download the 2.0 version from itch.io you can choose Español if you like. Several graduate students from Spain did a great job translating each character's diction, and even translated all the dragon poetry in proper form!
Finished games:

Kirlett
Regular

#69 Post by Kirlett »

Wow, that's great news! Thank you! I'll recommend it to my friends then, because I know some people who are really interested in VN such as this but they can't play because they don't have a good level of English.