Project E.A.R.T.H. [BxG, BxB] [Action, Mystery] [NaNo2015]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
ibukichan
Regular
Completed: Project E.A.R.T.H. [NaNo '15]
Projects: A Step Ahead, Deadhead, Jinsei no Mondai
itch: aikosakana

Project E.A.R.T.H. [BxG, BxB] [Action, Mystery] [NaNo2015]

#1 Post by ibukichan »

Aiko and BRBeeps present...
Project E.A.R.T.H.

Summary
Seth Peterson is just a normal guy. Or, he was a normal guy. One day, while he was heading home from work, he met a strange girl who told him to run. On the same day, he was kidnapped by some agents that might have been with the government? Why did they kidnap him? Who is that strange girl? What is Curia, and what is Project E.A.R.T.H.? And why won't anyone tell him anything?!

Project E.A.R.T.H. is a tale of betrayal, of rebellion, and of secrets kept for 2000 years. Seth didn't want to know these secrets; all he ever wanted was to go home. But after what he's learned, his life will never be normal again.
Characters
Seth Peterson
Seth is just an average guy, who works an average job at an office. He's a vegetarian, and a pacifist who abhors violence. He's got minor anxiety, and doesn't handle abnormal situations well.
"Red"
Red is a transgender rebel who is anything but average. She's violent in nature, and prefers to shoot first and ask questions later. A year ago, she was arrested by the organization "Project E.A.R.T.H.", which is who she's rebelling against.
Lucas Pennfield
Lucas is an employee of Project E.A.R.T.H., and leads a task force dedicated to catching Red. However, he decided that he didn't want to catch Red, and ended up helping her for some reason. Probably because he's French.
Statistics
The game contains 684 dialogue blocks, containing 11,182 words and 58,867
characters, for an average of 16.3 words and 86 characters per block.

The game contains 4 menus, 52 images, and 12 screens.
Screenshots
Title Screen.JPG
Red and Seth- First Encounter.JPG
Meanie Agent.JPG
Red and Agent.JPG
Red In Da Cell.JPG
Lucas First Encounter.JPG
What's Going On.JPG

runeraccoon
Veteran
itch: runeraccoon

Re: Project E.A.R.T.H. [BxG, BxB] [Action, Mystery] [NaNo201

#2 Post by runeraccoon »

Downloading! I'll give comments once I'm done hoho <3

dreamy
Regular
Organization: Cloud9 Dreams
Tumblr: fey-en

#3 Post by dreamy »

Hi! Congrats on completing your NaNo on time. I just played through the whole game and I had a lot of fun through it. Even though the game was short, I had a lot of fun reading through the story and trying for the different endings. The rest of my comments are under the spoiler block:
The art of the game and the presentation looks really nice and polished and I'm glad you managed to get it done in the time frame. I felt like the story was rushed through, especially at the beginning. I had to slow down for the first five minutes to understand what was going on but I guess that was alright since the game was written in a short time frame. I especially liked the credits! However, I ran into a few bugs in the game such as running into two endings in one playthrough and the game randomly jumping to certain parts of the game at the end. Here's a running commentary I did during the game just in case you're interested in seeing:
-taken (took) a laptop out of the bag she was carrying
-Text too small, hard to see 'Green'
-Story going at bullet train speed so it leaves an annoying infodump in the middle of the game(maybe it's intended reaction?)
- Do you think the redhead chick is lying, Seth? Even after you've gotten kidnapped by aliens and nearly getting killed so many times?
-Of course I know everything happening isn't normal, you don't have to tell me that!
-AHAHAHA MR MAGENTA
-Lol the villain are just asking to be defeated 'They never backup their data' hahaha
-Oh so that's why the HQ looks like a school. I was wondering whether all Hqs look like schools on a foreign planet
-Wait a sec, did they BUST OUT of the HQ earlier? Sorry, I must have been tired and forgot...
-AAHH long hair bishie. RUNNNN!!
-Look at his damn face. He's so creepy. He's definetely evil.
-'through the front door, it is (the) closest'
-Redhead standing directly in front of bishie during HQ scene. Glitch?
-'I would recommend leaving then, as there will be an explosion' *claps* You're such a genius
-YEAHHHH I knew he was evil!!
-So apparently, Redhead killed bishie but he's still standing? Maybe it's a glitch.
-WHAT! a bug in the game caused me to get two endings and jump to a random choice lol!

Also, I checked the walkthrough but I can't seem to get the password correct. Is there a hint given about the password somewhere in the game?
I'm looking forward to getting the rest of the endings as soon as I can guess the correct password :lol: I hope to see more works from you soon!
"Listen to the silence, it's so blissful...
So calm down and listen..."

ibukichan
Regular

#4 Post by ibukichan »

dreamy wrote:Hi! Congrats on completing your NaNo on time. I just played through the whole game and I had a lot of fun through it. Even though the game was short, I had a lot of fun reading through the story and trying for the different endings. The rest of my comments are under the spoiler block:
The art of the game and the presentation looks really nice and polished and I'm glad you managed to get it done in the time frame. I felt like the story was rushed through, especially at the beginning. I had to slow down for the first five minutes to understand what was going on but I guess that was alright since the game was written in a short time frame. I especially liked the credits! However, I ran into a few bugs in the game such as running into two endings in one playthrough and the game randomly jumping to certain parts of the game at the end. Here's a running commentary I did during the game just in case you're interested in seeing:
-taken (took) a laptop out of the bag she was carrying
-Text too small, hard to see 'Green'
-Story going at bullet train speed so it leaves an annoying infodump in the middle of the game(maybe it's intended reaction?)
- Do you think the redhead chick is lying, Seth? Even after you've gotten kidnapped by aliens and nearly getting killed so many times?
-Of course I know everything happening isn't normal, you don't have to tell me that!
-AHAHAHA MR MAGENTA
-Lol the villain are just asking to be defeated 'They never backup their data' hahaha
-Oh so that's why the HQ looks like a school. I was wondering whether all Hqs look like schools on a foreign planet
-Wait a sec, did they BUST OUT of the HQ earlier? Sorry, I must have been tired and forgot...
-AAHH long hair bishie. RUNNNN!!
-Look at his damn face. He's so creepy. He's definetely evil.
-'through the front door, it is (the) closest'
-Redhead standing directly in front of bishie during HQ scene. Glitch?
-'I would recommend leaving then, as there will be an explosion' *claps* You're such a genius
-YEAHHHH I knew he was evil!!
-So apparently, Redhead killed bishie but he's still standing? Maybe it's a glitch.
-WHAT! a bug in the game caused me to get two endings and jump to a random choice lol!

Also, I checked the walkthrough but I can't seem to get the password correct. Is there a hint given about the password somewhere in the game?
I'm looking forward to getting the rest of the endings as soon as I can guess the correct password :lol: I hope to see more works from you soon!
Thank you for playing it, I'm really glad you enjoyed it!! uwu

There are several bugs, as you noticed, (sprites in front of each other, not stopping after the credits) since I ran out of time to test it properly. :( I intend to release a version 1.1 fixing those very soon. so many bugs... its a bit of a nightmare since apparently i cant code properly
about the password: there is a hint in the game about it, I made sure it was in all routes so it was always possible to guess it. It's in something Lucas said. If you still can't guess it, pm me and I'll tell you the password, so you can get the other routes. :)

And the info dump was meant to seem abrupt, it was just to make Seth seem even more out of place and show how much can change in such a short period of time
Once again, thanks for playing! ^_^

ibukichan
Regular

#5 Post by ibukichan »

Update: I finally finished debugging, and version 1.1 is available! Now with 99.99% bugs, and a lemony-fresh scent! The download link's the same, so pop over and grab yourself a copy of the new version!

(if you notice any bugs I missed, please let me know >_<)

csky
Regular
Completed: Perceptions of the Dead, Embers of Magic
Projects: Various Commissioned Artwork

#6 Post by csky »

I want to play this game, but your file is insanely massive. Maybe if you put separate downloads for each operating system, more people would be willing to download something of such size.

Have you double checked you have no art editing or project files like psd's in your folder before you upload it? These add massive amounts to the file size and aren't needed to play the game. 

ibukichan
Regular

#7 Post by ibukichan »

csky wrote:I want to play this game, but your file is insanely massive. Maybe if you put separate downloads for each operating system, more people would be willing to download something of such size.

Have you double checked you have no art editing or project files like psd's in your folder before you upload it? These add massive amounts to the file size and aren't needed to play the game. 
I hadn't quite noticed the file size, I'm really sorry about that. I just realized that my audio is in a .wav format, so my music trscks are huuuuuge. I'm working to remedy this right now, and version 1.2 should be out tonight or tomorrow. :)

csky
Regular
Completed: Perceptions of the Dead, Embers of Magic
Projects: Various Commissioned Artwork

#8 Post by csky »

I hadn't quite noticed the file size, I'm really sorry about that. I just realized that my audio is in a .wav format, so my music trscks are huuuuuge. I'm working to remedy this right now, and version 1.2 should be out tonight or tomorrow. :)
Ah no wonder. I was going to suggest that could be the case. Let us know when you have the smaller version out. I'll wait to play it then.

ibukichan
Regular

#9 Post by ibukichan »

csky wrote:
Let us know when you have the smaller version out. I'll wait to play it then.
The smaller version, version 1.2, was just released!

cergyn

#10 Post by cergyn »

Thank you for the game.
Got an error after go for a walk:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 1355, in script
r "Did you ever stop and think about what would happen if Project E.A.R.T.H. would have found you?!?!{/i}"
Exception: u'/i' closes a text tag that isn't open.

ibukichan
Regular

#11 Post by ibukichan »

cergyn wrote:Thank you for the game.
Got an error after go for a walk:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 1355, in script
r "Did you ever stop and think about what would happen if Project E.A.R.T.H. would have found you?!?!{/i}"
Exception: u'/i' closes a text tag that isn't open.
Damn, thought I got all the bugs. Working on it right now, expect updated version soon.

ibukichan
Regular

#12 Post by ibukichan »

Version 1.3 is here, taking care of those bugs! :)