April was a Fool [Fantasy RPG Setting][GxB/GxG]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Ladyhawke

Re: April was a Fool [Fantasy RPG Setting][GxB/GxG]

#16 Post by Ladyhawke »

I have a special folder for games like this on my desktop. I loved it. The art work is fantastic.
I absolutely loved how that fox changed expression. And the eyes! That detail was so adorable and wicked at the same time. :twisted: I think him and his character were my favorite, now that I think about it. I went for the blond rogue first, can't remember his name (it's been a while), and liked him too. But the zerker was just...awesome.
I'm glad to see that you're going to do more with this. The characters are great, and I'd like to see more of them.

I'll be more than happy to donate/pay for your next project. :D

Keep up the good work!

Ladyhawke

JJupiterJump
Regular

#17 Post by JJupiterJump »

I remember playing Castle Chase ages ago! I really enjoyed it, so i was really happy to see this!
I love the art-style! May looks ~adorable~, and I love how different all the characters look.

The first ending I got was:
April Was a Fool
and afterwards I was like "Is this what every ending is going to be like?! Oh gosh no!" luckily I was wrong haha

I think a commercial version would be awesome as long as enough exclusive content is added! As for voice acting, I've never been interested in it. Unless a game has really good voice actors, I end up muting them because I read faster than they speak. For me to let each actor read out their line entirely I have to really like the voices. I'm pretty impatient haha.

Metasilicate_

#18 Post by Metasilicate_ »

I only got to play this yesterday but I'm mentally hitting myself for not getting to it until now!

The art-style in this is great. All the characters look adorable in their own little way and I like how they were very diverse, even the siblings!

The first ending I got was:
Kent's berserker one, I was surprised! I thought that was Kent's true end XD.
I've played through all the character roots, I like how they are all different with each other (as in the events) but has a sense of familiarity between them.

Thanks for the brilliant VN!

awesomeautumn
Regular

#19 Post by awesomeautumn »

I loved this game so much. I just finished getting all of the endings (or at least all of the CGs and I'm pretty sure all of the endings?). It was so much more serious than I thought it would be. My favorite part overall, I think, was the dynamic of the group of heroes. In a lot of adventure games, you play as the leader and you help everyone with their problems. It's interesting to see the idea of what happens when the leader dies and the group falls apart. I want to pick a favorite character/route but I can't even because I liked them all so much (I do really love the bad endings for Gunn and Kent. But also every other ending...).
The relationship April had with Erwin was really interesting, too. I liked when it came up in other routes. The mystery of April throughout the whole game was just really great. I also thought it was interesting that you have the same options when you ask who April was to a party member, and party members' varying responses.
I'm really happy to know that you're planning on expanding the game. I'm especially excited for the flashback scene with Gabby and Blake, because throughout both of their routes I wanted to know what exactly happened. As for voice acting, I too have noticed people have extremely mixed opinions about it. I think that voice acting, when it's good, can make a game seem more official, or finished, I guess. But it really comes down to the game itself, and I think this game is good either way. Though there were some lines that I would really like to hear voiced.
Especially some of Erwin's. I would really love to hear some of his crazier lines.
Also, I'm impressed that I can't make the main character's name April.

Harliqueen
Veteran
Completed: Diving in Deep (NaNo15) The Lady's Choice(NaNo16) The Crossroads(NaNo17)
Projects: The Curse of Creek Edge
Organization: Seraphinite
Tumblr: seraphinitegames
Deviantart: SeraphiniteGames
itch: seraphinite

#20 Post by Harliqueen »

What an awesome game this was :D Downloaded it a while ago and finally got some time to play it, once I got started I couldn't stop!

Gunn was an amazing character, and definitely my favourite.

Can't wait to see what the expanded version is like!
Completed: Diving in Deep/The Lady's Choice/The Crossroads
Current WIP: The Curse of Creek Edge (NaNo2020)

deka

#21 Post by deka »

Downloading now! this looks cute <3

update: FINISH IT! AND OMG, THIS IS MY FAVORITE VN SO FAR! the art work is so beautiful and perfect, and the plot is so interesting, really you made a great job with this game! I LOVE IT <3 <3

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

#22 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

Can you please make this game compatible with android? Right now, all I have is this android phone, and there are very few games like this for the platform.