Innate Imperfections [Action/Drama] [GxG] [NaNoRenO2015]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
philip
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Innate Imperfections [Action/Drama] [GxG] [NaNoRenO2015]

#16 Post by philip »

@DarkSin-

Downloaded this as soon as you posted that it was done! I had played the previous demo and really enjoyed it. And the completion is every bit as good if not BETTER. An excellent job in every way. . . I loved it!

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

Shiena

#17 Post by Shiena »

I'm so glad you updated it, this is one of my all time favorite VNs, I'm gonna download it right now and show it to my friend as well, she loved it. Thank you so much for the hard work!

EDIT: Btw I'd like to ask the creator something. About the Box Ending in the first demo. Was it
Lillian's head
inside the box or am I too morbid?

DarkSin
Regular
Completed: Rituals in the Dark (GxG), Sweetest Monster (BxG), My Magical Divorce Bureau!!
Projects: Innate Imperfections (GxG)
Organization: SinSystem
itch: darksin

#18 Post by DarkSin »

@philip - Thank you, comments like these are really motivating. I'm glad you enjoyed it =) There is still just one open ending remaining that needs to be wrapped up.

@Shiena - It's really, really heartening to hear that this is one of your favourite VNs :) Thank you for reading!

About your question,
I wanted to leave it a little ambiguous, so as to not upset readers, but that is a good inference, yes.
Last edited by DarkSin on Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jrdp_18

#19 Post by jrdp_18 »

Yay, played it again! But dang, my main route is still unfinished.

That photo cg was awesome, really cute. And that
kiss -///-
I remember seeing some sentences with no period before the "next dialogue arrow" but I can't seem to find them when I was actually looking for them. (Probably because I'm already sleepy when typing this and eventually stopped looking for it.) And there was one "?."
I think I found a discrepancy on one of the branches, choices ABA. I've already reached the main arc and bad end one (that was terrific). (Still missing one end right?)
When Inna goes to talk to Mr. Garland to drop the case, he calls her Lena in the first instance of referring to her, but continues to call her Inna the rest of the conversation. I don't know if Mr. Garland and Lillian had time to discuss Inna's name yet unless it happened during their short talk before Lillian went back to Inna's car. Maybe Lillian mentioned Inna's name and Mr. Garland figured it out fast. But since Inna is unfazed, it might be an error. (Or she's too focused on Lillian's safety that it didn't bother her this time.)
Oh, and in Samuil's dialogue, "You should get out.", the font size got smaller. I don't remember it being like that in the first demo. And there was a sentence in the new addition that was missing something, can't remember what it is right now.

How does the skip work? I already selected "Skip All". I had to do a new game cause I accidentally overwritten my first save but I tried auto and it's just going, auto.

DarkSin
Regular
Completed: Rituals in the Dark (GxG), Sweetest Monster (BxG), My Magical Divorce Bureau!!

#20 Post by DarkSin »

@jrdp - Thank you for playing again!

Wow, you have a keeeen observation :o I will hunt down these sentences that don't have a period. I did a "?." search through the script, but I couldn't find anything... I'll keep looking!

Sorry for the discrepancy, I fixed it just now. I'll probably upload a new build when I have made a few more corrections/additions.

The decrease in font size is intentional, it's for the subdued or whispered dialogues. I've changed many things since the first demo :p

After you've selected the "Skip All" option, press and hold the Ctrl key in-game to skip. It will skip read and unread text alike.

Thank you for pointing out all of these things, it's a big help! =D

jrdp_18

#21 Post by jrdp_18 »

Looked for the stuff I mentioned and whatever I could find. I couldn't figure out your dash (-/—) style so I also noted that. I didn't find the sentence that was missing something. Could've probably been a sentence with excess that my brain auto-corrected so I thought something was missing... Or I was simply just sleepy.

And a couple more discrepancy.
She already inferred that it seems a high risk job that's why she asks, "This... seems to be a higher risk job than the others." But she repeats her doubts here instead of confirming it though, "There... seems to be a high risk factor here." (Not sure here but it makes me feel a pebble was thrown on my brain so I'm reporting it.)

On the cafe date, Inna mentioned her father. Then on the resto date, Lillian asks if Inna has family. (I was so conflicted on mentioning this. It might change the content. :S)
General comment and question:
Inna-in-dress' blush isn't obvious since it's dark. I had to put eyes an inch from the screen to make sure.
Do the gardenias hold particular meaning here?
That second branch makes me want a sequel or a short story detailing their relationship. :3
And I'm also curious about Sam and Inna's life before this.
Attachments
ii stuff.txt
(1.9 KiB) Downloaded 111 times

DarkSin
Regular

#22 Post by DarkSin »

jrdp_18 wrote:Looked for the stuff I mentioned and whatever I could find.

First of all, I'm very grateful that you took the time to do this. Thankyou :)
jrdp_18 wrote:I couldn't figure out your dash (-/—) style so I also noted that.
Ah yes, I'm a notorious hyphen abuser :D Apparently Shadow tried to swap them with dashes, but seems like a few were missed. I think I've taken care of them all now... Once again, your attention to detail amazes me!
jrdp_18 wrote:And a couple more discrepancy...
Gah, I really need to read through things that I write more carefully D: Fixed them both. And don't worry, the content hasn't really changed all that much. I just took out the first instance.
Lillian wasn't even properly paying attention so it doesn't matter much if the father isn't mentioned there :p
jrdp_18 wrote:General comment and question:
Inna-in-dress' blush isn't obvious since it's dark. I had to put eyes an inch from the screen to make sure.
Do the gardenias hold particular meaning here?
Hmm... that's strange. Inna's sprites have no atmospheric filters on them, i.e; they're of the same colour and brightness. Also, all of her blush expressions are the same, regardless of clothing. Maybe it's just that Inna's dark suit somehow amplifies the blush effect? Or the red dress diminishes it?
No meaning in particular. That's just Lillian's scent/perfume.
jrdp_18 wrote:That second branch makes me want a sequel or a short story detailing their relationship. :3
And I'm also curious about Sam and Inna's life before this.
The light romance branch is there for players who just want something slightly more carefree or light-hearted. I'll see about other additions after the main branch is completed. We should get some insight into Inna's past in this route as well.

Once again, thank you for your help :)
Attachments
ii stuff 2.txt
(2.18 KiB) Downloaded 104 times
Last edited by DarkSin on Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jrdp_18

#23 Post by jrdp_18 »

You're welcome! :D
DarkSin wrote:
Lillian wasn't even properly paying attention so it doesn't matter much if the father isn't mentioned there :p
Yes, I also thought that; she's too excited all right. I guess I reread it so much it's sorta jumbled in me now.
DarkSin wrote:
Hmm... that's strange. Inna's sprites have no atmospheric filters on them, i.e; they're of the same colour and brightness. Also, all of her blush expressions are the same, regardless of clothing. Maybe it's just that Inna's dark suit somehow amplifies the blush effect? Or the red dress diminishes it?
Ah you're right. I just noted it on the first playthrough for the day then just remembered that the scene's dark so I thought it was that. I'm not sure which, just that I remember that she blushed somewhere but I don't remember noticing it in that scene. (I was sleepy plus speed reading on the resto scene on my first play of the new demo so I actually missed the line where Lillian asks why Inna's blushing.) But I definitely noticed Lillian's blush on all those shades hohoho :3

Playing it for 3 nights and 2 days consecutively is probably a bad idea ha ha ha ^^;
Definitely looking forward to the next release!

DarkSin
Regular

#24 Post by DarkSin »

jrdp_18 wrote:
Ah you're right. I just noted it on the first playthrough for the day then just remembered that the scene's dark so I thought it was that. I'm not sure which, just that I remember that she blushed somewhere but I don't remember noticing it in that scene. (I was sleepy plus speed reading on the resto scene on my first play of the new demo so I actually missed the line where Lillian asks why Inna's blushing.) But I definitely noticed Lillian's blush on all those shades hohoho :3
Ah I see :o
Yes, Inna's blush expressions are a lot more mild than Lillian's, very different characters and all. I hope this doesn't prove to be a problem for too many players...
jrdp_18 wrote:Definitely looking forward to the next release!
That's great to know! =) It might take a little longer than my estimate, though~

Oh and I forgot to mention in the txt file, the "had had" was intentional as well.

Angie
Regular

#25 Post by Angie »

A really nice and refreshing game that focuses more on telling the story than any other aspects. Enjoyed the demo and waiting for the final release :)
Writer | PL-ENG/ENG-PL translator| Renpy Coder

DarkSin
Regular

#26 Post by DarkSin »

@Angie - Thanks for playing! Glad you enjoyed it =)

ebi-hime
Veteran
Completed: Asphyxia, Blackberry Honey, The Language of Love, etc
Tumblr: ebi-hime
itch: ebihime

#27 Post by ebi-hime »

So when do I get to date Mel... XD;;;

Anyway, this was a really well put together game - I liked the use of sound effects, and the music fits the mood so nicely. The GUI looks really polished, too. It's so pro!
And the romance route with Lillian is really cute u///u

I'll look forward to the full release!
I have a lot of free & commercial VNs available on Steam and itchio.io if you want to check them out! ☆

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#28 Post by philip »

@DarkSin-

Just went through this game again; hadn't revisited it for a few months . . . and as usual, I found it very interesting (not to mention extremely well done). At one of the endings it says "to be continued". That implies that there will be more to come, but the story is in "Completed Games". Soooo . . . my question is, where do we go from here? What are your plans for this story???

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

DarkSin
Regular

#29 Post by DarkSin »

@ebi-hime - Ahaha, I didn't expect Mel to get any attention! XD

I'm happy you enjoyed it, Noyemi's music did wonders for setting the atmosphere =) Thanks a lot for playing~

@philip - Hello again! Thanks for giving the game another run. I see two updates coming for the novel. One will probably come in a few days, it will mostly be a "fixed" version (things that were pointed out by jrdp_18, a couple of programming issues, small changes in the art etc.), no new story content. The other one will take some time still; I'm a little busy with other things atm so I don't have a more definitive timeframe yet. It'll be the final version and will have a completed main branch. Cheers!
Last edited by DarkSin on Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DarkSin
Regular

#30 Post by DarkSin »

New version up!

Some things that were changed/added:

*Small changes to a couple of CGs.
*Remade the ballroom BG.
*Fixed the Russian dialogues.
*Fixed a few small programming mistakes.
*Grammatical errors.
*Hover variation for the gallery thumbnails (also added borders).

... and other assorted bits and bobs.

I'll change the credit videos for the final version. Cheers!