Fairly Dangerous [Dark Comedy][NaNoReno2015]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
somestrangecircus
Regular
Completed: Palette Swap (NaNo 2016)
Projects: Yumi-chan's Wonderful Cake Shop
Organization: Some Strange Circus
Tumblr: somestrangecircus
Deviantart: somestrangecircus

Re: Fairly Dangerous [Dark Comedy][NaNoReno2015]

#16 Post by somestrangecircus »

I have written a review of your game here on the magnificent blog:

http://somestrangecircus.blogspot.com/2 ... erous.html

Arkentut
Tumblr: arkentut

#17 Post by Arkentut »

I never thought that I would enjoy bad ending this much! The art is awesome and cute, also the writing makes me feels very happy while playing it!
and makes me rethink about the whole storyline for a few hours and cried. Even the good ending still seems like a bad ending to me! :cry: :cry:

kaleidofish
Veteran
Completed: Tell Her a Story (Nano12), In This Dream of Ours, The Mishka Effect (Nano14), Saving Zoey (Asylum Jam 2014), Fairly Dangerous (Nano15), Palette Swap (Nano16)
Projects: see my site!
Organization: Kaleidofish Studios, Team ANARKY
Tumblr: kaleidofish
Deviantart: kaleidofish

#18 Post by kaleidofish »

@Heiden:
Tilly already gave you the go-ahead, but yes, fanart is always welcome (and appreciated)! :D

@somestrangecircus:
Thank you for the review! :)
You typo'd my name as kaleidoscope, but that's okay, it happens a lot. XD And yeah, Mentha is...Mentha. You pretty much defined her personality to a T in your review. She's stubborn and headstrong in all the wrong ways, but that also made it fun for me to write her. Thanks again!
@Arkentut:
It's fun to do bad things sometimes. XD
Sorry for making you cry! Yeah, there's no truly 100% happy ending here, sadly...
---

Hey, here's some links to some cool Fairly Dangerous things I've found online!

Someone made Fairly Dangerous a Tv Tropes page, which is super cool. Wow.

BadCherry did a 3-part Let's Play of Fairly Dangerous that you can watch over here. This is also super cool. :)

Thank you again to everyone who has downloaded and played Fairly Dangerous!
Redwood Crossing * THE MISHKA EFFECT [NaNo14] * PALETTE SWAP [NaNo16] * FAIRLY DANGEROUS [NaNo15] * Twitter

Visit kaleidofishstudios.com to learn more about what I'm working on.

Laiska
Veteran
Completed: Queen At Arms, Cerulean, The Shadows That Run Alongside Our Car, Vicarwissen
Projects: Caramel Mokaccino
Tumblr: minesweeperaddict
Deviantart: koyoba

#19 Post by Laiska »

After I played this game I was afraid to use the microwave for a whole day after
xD

somestrangecircus
Regular

#20 Post by somestrangecircus »

Actually, I made the TV Tropes page! Glad you like it. It could use Wiki Magic from all of you guys.

And sorry for name typo ;-; I will correct it ASAP. Thank you for pointing it out.

tilly
Completed: fairly dangerous

#21 Post by tilly »

whoa!!!!!!! thank you so much for the let's play, review, and tv tropes page, guys!!! this is wild! :D your support means so much! <3
NaNoRenO 2015: Fairly Dangerous

Heiden
Regular
Completed: Elvine, The Life Threads, Helena's Flowers, Dr. Frank's Build-A-Boyfriend, Beyond the Deep, The Bog's Heart, The Girl With the Gray Hair Awakens, The Far Rings, NB107A
Projects: The Town Pages, Kill the Prince?! [Nano 2020]
Tumblr: heidengames
itch: Heiden

#22 Post by Heiden »

Aahh this is like the world's latest response but here's the fanart I drew! :D

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j38 ... fanart.png

This was definitely my favorite scene in the entire VN, it was very memorable, :D.
Completed: Elvine (GxB), The Life Threads, Helena's Flowers (GxG)(As Writer, Coder), Dr. Frank's Build-A-Boyfriend (BxB), Beyond the Deep (GxB)(As Artist), The Bog's Heart, The Girl with the Gray Hair Awakens, The Far Rings, NB107A.

All available to play on my itch.io page!

Laiska
Veteran
Completed: Queen At Arms, Cerulean, The Shadows That Run Alongside Our Car, Vicarwissen
Projects: Caramel Mokaccino
Tumblr: minesweeperaddict
Deviantart: koyoba

#23 Post by Laiska »

Heiden wrote:This was definitely my favorite scene in the entire VN, it was very memorable, :D.
You monster xD
(I enjoyed this scene a lot too, even if it made me wary of using the microwave afterwards.)

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

#24 Post by noeinan »

I just finished playing through (most of) the endings. Got at least one of each "type" but didn't finish every version of the same ending.
My first playthrough I got "Strangely & Strongly Returned to the Enchanted Forest". I was pretty surprised when I pushed Saffron to her glassy death, since I didn't have a choice and the choices I'd picked so far made Mentha seem like a halfway decent person. XD

When Berry gets microwaved, I pressed the button... I thought "oh, the biggest button is the one to open the door, so let's do that-- then the light came on. It set a pretty high bar on deaths, and due to the nature of Saffron's death (so sudden and easy) it didn't hit home as much as this one.

I think the most traumatizing death after Berry is when Pistacia gets caught in the rat trap... Lav was also kind of creepy with the whole "happiness is the only real emotion, all others are just faked!" I was halfway expecting her to go all yandere on me.

Anywho, it was a fun game, thanks!

somestrangecircus
Regular

#25 Post by somestrangecircus »

daikiraikimi wrote:
My first playthrough I got "Strangely & Strongly Returned to the Enchanted Forest". I was pretty surprised when I pushed Saffron to her glassy death, since I didn't have a choice and the choices I'd picked so far made Mentha seem like a halfway decent person. XD
To answer that part of your post...
I personally don't find Mentha to be a nice person at all, but hey. You get the choice of whether or not to push Saffron if you've previously managed to "befriend" her, or at least make a good impression on her; otherwise you'll just automatically push her. Scouting with her whenever possible is a good place to start.

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

#26 Post by noeinan »

somestrangecircus wrote: To answer that part of your post...
I personally don't find Mentha to be a nice person at all, but hey. You get the choice of whether or not to push Saffron if you've previously managed to "befriend" her, or at least make a good impression on her; otherwise you'll just automatically push her. Scouting with her whenever possible is a good place to start.
My first playthrough I scouted with her and "backed off" because it wasn't worth starting a fight. Because of this, Mentha came off as a bit egotistical, but not terribly bad-- especially after the conversation with Lav where Mentha was like "okay, you actually don't care if people die, I'm just going to go over here now." After playing different choices, yeah, Mentha is not a good person, but I seemed to have made the only choices my first playthrough to make her not horrid, lol.

DrSchizo
Regular
Tumblr: ninesquarezone

#27 Post by DrSchizo »

You can now play online to Fairly Dangerous on Sandbox Adventure.

The game is in full HTML5 so there is no need to download or install anything.
You can register if you want to save your game but you don't have to register to play.

While in game, hit F1 to view the shortcuts list.

You can find more information about Sandbox Adventure Engine on this thread.

I hope you will like it. Don't hesitate to report bugs if you find any.

Have fun! ;)