bond[Drama][Relationships]["KN"][NaNoRenO2015][v1.05 Out!]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
lijuanjie
Projects: Master and Mage
Tumblr: acklesiero

Re: bond[Drama][Relationships]["KN"][NaNoRenO2015]

#16 Post by lijuanjie »

Aw /./ I just played this and may I say, I adored the ending ;w; excuse me as I sit here and just sorta cry about it bye @ me.

Haze
Veteran
Completed: Monster Uses CPU 2, White Fog, Times Like These, bond
Projects: Secret long term project!
Soundcloud: The_Storysinger

#17 Post by Haze »

Mad Harlequin wrote:Aww. That's so sweet! I'm sure your mom will love it, just like your sister did! :)
Heh, thanks. I sure hope so!
lijuanjie wrote:Aw /./ I just played this and may I say, I adored the ending ;w; excuse me as I sit here and just sorta cry about it bye @ me.
There, there *offers tissue*.

I'm glad you liked it, though. Thanks for the kind words! :D
My first completed visual novel, which is at 1.3, it's final version(woo hoo!): Monster Uses CPU 2
Finally at version 1.0: White Fog

I make one song every week, all for free download! This weeks song: Synthis- The Mirror(Eliana Remix)[Preview]

You might ask yourself: If I could only save one paragraph of the work I'm writing, which one would I save?
Which one would I let go first?

-from Understanding Rhetoric: A Graphic Guide to Writing by Elizabeth Losh, Johnathan Alexander, Kevin Cannon, and Zander Cannon

Godline
Veteran
Completed: numerous
Tumblr: godlinegames
Deviantart: godline-games
itch: godline

#18 Post by Godline »

I thought this was fantastic. I can't believe it took me so long to play it. Perhaps I thought it was so good because it had a really positive pro-life message (you meant that, right?). Anyway, it was deep and sweet and if I was playing it while I was pregnant I would totally get over-emotional about it and be crying. Haha.
I'd almost like to see a depressing ending if it was a still-birth or an abortion, but that would almost be too deep. And wouldn't have been a very nice gift for your twin! Haha!
But it's great how you've recognized how cognisant a fetus can be and how they can recognize their mother's voice and have a bond with their twin from the womb.
I will totally recommend this VN to people!

Haze
Veteran

#19 Post by Haze »

Godline wrote:
I thought this was fantastic. I can't believe it took me so long to play it. Perhaps I thought it was so good because it had a really positive pro-life message (you meant that, right?). Anyway, it was deep and sweet and if I was playing it while I was pregnant I would totally get over-emotional about it and be crying. Haha.
I'd almost like to see a depressing ending if it was a still-birth or an abortion, but that would almost be too deep. And wouldn't have been a very nice gift for your twin! Haha!
But it's great how you've recognized how cognisant a fetus can be and how they can recognize their mother's voice and have a bond with their twin from the womb.
I will totally recommend this VN to people!
Woah, thanks Godline!
I suppose the story does have a bit of a pro-life message, though I should clarify that that message wasn't exactly why I made this game. It is, however, a message that goes hand-in-hand with the story as a whole.

Also, I think an ending similar to the one you described would be very, very depressing, since bond is a kind of a celebration of my mother's life(yes, I'm a twin irl), that she is still alive and loves me and my sister very, very much.

I am thinking about doing a in-game Q&A section, though, unlocked after the game's completion. So, if you have any questions you want me to answer about bond, PM me or put them here(with appropriate spoiler tags), and I will definitely answer them in the update! Please try to do that by this Friday, March 1. Thank you!
Last edited by Haze on Mon May 04, 2015 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My first completed visual novel, which is at 1.3, it's final version(woo hoo!): Monster Uses CPU 2

I make one song every week, all for free download! This weeks song: Synthis- The Mirror(Eliana Remix)[Preview]

You might ask yourself: If I could only save one paragraph of the work I'm writing, which one would I save?

-from Understanding Rhetoric: A Graphic Guide to Writing by Elizabeth Losh, Johnathan Alexander, Kevin Cannon, and Zander Cannon

Haze
Veteran

#20 Post by Haze »

Hey, guys! You only have a little longer to give me your question if you have any! I've gotten one so far, and it's a good one, so if you have any questions, PM me or post them here with appropriate spoiler tags. Alternatively, you could tweet me with a question, if that's what you prefer. Remember, the deadline is tomorrow, March 1!

Haze
Veteran

#21 Post by Haze »

Alright guys, as much as I wanted to do a Q&A section, I unfortunately didn't get enough questions-- I only got one. So, the update will be out tomorrow, but without a Q&A. See you guys tomorrow!

Haze
Veteran

#22 Post by Haze »

As of last night, version 1.05 of bond is up!
[url=http://tophat_haze.itch.io/bond]
Download bond 1.05 here!
[/url]
What's in this version:
-a game icon
-some script changes(i.e using "little one" less often)
-a new sound effect at the end, from soundbible.com(I would say what it is, but it's spoilery)

Enjoy! And to everyone who's played the game so far, thank you very much!

Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: To Weave A Thread
Organization: UNICORSITY
Tumblr: unicorsity
itch: namio

Re: bond[Drama][Relationships]["KN"][NaNoRenO2015][v1.05 Out

#23 Post by Ghost of Crux »

Is it okay to necro a post of a completed game? I hope it's okay. I hope nobody comes to murder me.
I admit-- considering the "drama" section of things, I wasn't expecting a story about... that. I was fully expecting Mother to be like some terrifying tyrannical monster who employs emotional manipulation and abuse. I AM GLAD TO BE PROVEN WRONG.

I really like the "story", though it took me a while to not feel creeped out by the Mother. Sorry, instincts tell me that any VN in which a Mother is an ambiguous figure is possibly the voice of the devil.

As for the other things-- the GUI is absolutely lovely. I really love the save menu-- it's simple and nice and very, very effective. I really love it. The things you did with all those text that pulsate are great, too, and I'm really impressed. You made a very atmospheric vn about a topic I never thought someone would take up, and you pulled it off well, too. Kudos.

My only complaint is just script color, but that's just because I don't like magenta. Don't mind me!
Image Image

misspells everything as unicorn. Call me Namio. They/them. | Honest Critique

Become a patron on my Patreon!