The Blind Griffin [Historical] [Otome] [NaNoRenO 2015]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

The Blind Griffin [Historical] [Otome] [NaNoRenO 2015]

#1 Post by Camille »

It’s the roaring 20’s. Alcohol-loving Americans are chafing underneath the restrictions of Prohibition, but speakeasies have thankfully risen to fill the void with ill-begotten booze. The Blind Griffin is one such speakeasy in San Francisco, California, but it’s about to go out of business...because its employees are a den of magicians who are more concerned with their magical studies and experiments than moonshine! Desperate not to lose the building that has become their haven, they hire the first streetsmart guttersnipe they find with some experience to help turn things around, but could she perhaps turn out to be the strongest magician of them all?

This game has 10 endings and 6 CGs. All writing/programming was done by me, Lorelei. The art was a joint effort between Auro-Cyanide and Rinslettuce. Noyemi K was our music composer.
The game contains 2,845 dialogue blocks, containing 30,769 words and 162,469
characters, for an average of 10.8 words and 57 characters per block.

The game contains 12 menus, 237 images, and 64 screens.
For more information about the game and to download, please see the official website.
The game is free to download but if you'd like to leave us a tip, we'd really appreciate it! The OST will be up for digital download/sale at a later date. Comments, criticism, and cookies are all very much appreciated! We hope you enjoy our game~

GrizelyBear
Regular

Re: The Blind Griffin [Historical] [Otome] [NaNoRenO 2015]

#2 Post by GrizelyBear »

Hello! Congratulations on finishing this VN! <3

So far, I've finished Giovanni's route twice, and I definitely liked it! The story's interesting and I liked the MC's honest and determined personality! :> I also liked the characters' speech patterns and how the VN stayed true to its time setting. The art and the GUI's really nice too!

I'm only wondering if the "Characters" button in the main menu isn't supposed to be unlocked yet at first? Or is it an overlooked bug...? I keep clicking it, but nothing happens haha XD

Also, the glossary buttons. owo/ When I press "S", I keep being taken to "T" instead... XD

Anyway, good job! <3 Thank you for this wonderful visual novelllll!

Skit

#3 Post by Skit »

Hello Camille!
Congratulations on finishing your Vn!!!
is your health ok?
i hope yes
well i am going to start downloading now will give my opinion soon!!!
I started drawing when i enter this forum
but drawing a full character is soo hard
then i decide to draw a chibi.

Look at My chibi here!
oh also i drew my chibi to look like fairy tail Character because i love fairy tail!!!!

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#4 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

*Edit: Poll is done and we have a winner!

I'm running a little poll at the moment for your favourite character in The Blind Griffin! Top voted character will be drawn with bunny ears for Easter~

Also I will be doing an Art book again for the game so if there is anything you would like to see I would be very interested to hear ^_^
Last edited by Auro-Cyanide on Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kstorms
Tumblr: haganenoheart

#5 Post by kstorms »

Got all of Alexei and Emilio's endings, loved them! The MC is so great, she's probably my favourite character. I laughed out loud at her nicknames for the guys like "Way Too Serious". She's golden :mrgreen:

Emilio's ''good'' ending CG was so adorable and really pretty too. I'm so impressed with the game and I haven't even finished all of the routes yet. I'll prob comment again once I finish all of it.

Great job guys!

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#6 Post by MaiMai »

Congrats on the release! I'll definitely be playing this.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

GrizelyBear
Regular

#7 Post by GrizelyBear »

Update: Oh! So you HAVE to finish all the endings before you unlock the Characters! Haha, okay. Sorry about thatttt~ <3

Anyway, I loved Alexei's route the bestttt! So stern yet so cute <3

Thank you again for the vn! <3

Alikkatz

#8 Post by Alikkatz »

I keep getting an error screen.

"I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 7870, in script
Exception: Could not find font 'OpenSans-Bold.ttf'."

How can I fix this?

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#9 Post by Camille »

GrizelyBear wrote:Also, the glossary buttons. owo/ When I press "S", I keep being taken to "T" instead... XD
Wah that is a bug! D: I'm going to upload a fixed up version of the game later but for now if you'd like to fix the handful of dictionary issues people found, just drop this file into your /game folder and overwrite the existing file and that should help...
Alikkatz wrote:I keep getting an error screen.

"I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 7870, in script
Exception: Could not find font 'OpenSans-Bold.ttf'."

How can I fix this?
Check inside the /game folder (inside the Blind Griffin folder, wherever you extracted it) and check to see if there's an OpenSans-Bold.ttf file. If it's not there (which I suppose perhaps your download got corrupted or something), then download it here and put it into the folder.

I'm glad you all have been enjoying the game! ;w;

Skit

#10 Post by Skit »

Camille could you give me some walkthrough?
pretty please TvT
I started drawing when i enter this forum
but drawing a full character is soo hard
then i decide to draw a chibi.

Look at My chibi here!
oh also i drew my chibi to look like fairy tail Character because i love fairy tail!!!!

Kirlett
Regular

#11 Post by Kirlett »

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh, I've loved this game! Awesome! Everything was perfect. It's weird but I don't have a favorite guy. I just love all of them :oops: Okay, MAYBE, Emi is special... :roll: I already liked him before playing the game, so... ♥

One of my favorite parts: how words and expresions from Spanish, Italian, Rusian, Chinese... were in the game. BUT PLEASE PLEASE I need someone who knows Russian to tell me
WHAT SAYS ALEX TO THE HEROINE
I need to know that.

The art was amazing and the CG's...WOW. Just WOW. The CG's of the good endings...aww. Lovely!
Well...Gio's was more sexy than lovely hoho~ AND I LOVED IT. Nobody wants Gio wearing a shirt. NOBODY. Hahaha
Thank you for making this game!

Smoothie-Kisses

#12 Post by Smoothie-Kisses »

He said to her
i love you
Anyway, i guessed that's what he said. When i typed it in google translate it confirmed it!! :D

BTW this was a really cute game! Thoroughly enjoyed playing it :P

buxton1990

#13 Post by buxton1990 »

I loved this game the writing was so good I love the MC and the art is so good. I love the glossary too it was really interesting
I have got all the endings except ten

One of Emilio's routes made me cry, my favourite is Alex I loved his good route and he was so cute but honestly they all had their own charms

Thanks for the great VN

MasterPuppeteer
Regular
Projects: WIP Fantasy/Adventure VN
Tumblr: wolfganghelps
Deviantart: muhshroom

#14 Post by MasterPuppeteer »

Man!!! This game is so good!
I love how after playing a path a second time you get a little insight into what the guy is thinking too. After I figured that out I made sure to leave the bad endings for last, just because there's a lot more impact when you get to finally see their thoughts and stuff, only to have it end horribly.
Also, I really appreciate that there is a bad ending, a friendship ending, and a romance ending for each of the boys. Most of the time I feel you just get the romance ending or the bad ending, so I really appreciated that. I was able to be nice to the boys and not have to violently reject them!
Except for Emi, I guess. Since he likes you no matter what. But there is still no rejection which I really appreciate.
I also have to say that I actually kind of prefer the friendship endings for each of them!
I mean, when you romance them everyone kind of separates and does their own thing. It's kind of sad, really. I want them to stay together forever!

I have not been able to get ending 10 yet. Do I have to choose conflicting options to get that? Like pick the 'right' one for the first choice and the 'wrong' one for the second? I started the game from the start hoping that it'd have some new dialogue, but nothing yet I don't think.
I have this sneaking suspicion it has something to do with Marie and her oh-so-secret specialization. Secret path??? One can dream...
EDIT: Got it! I was right, you do have to pick conflicting options. (For anyone else who's having trouble.)
That was seriously heartbreaking??? How dare you??? Disappointed as it had nothing to do with Marie...I want to know her specialization, god dammit!

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#15 Post by Camille »

Thank you for playing and supporting the game! I've uploaded a new update with fixes for the glossary bugs from earlier, plus a few other minor bug fixes.

Haha I really wished to write some more Marie stuff but it wasn't in the cards. I'm planning on writing a few short stories for when the artbook is reelased, though!
Skit wrote:Camille could you give me some walkthrough?
pretty please TvT
We generally don't provide walkthroughs for our game, but if it helps, here's some hints. Each guy has three endings and there's three choices per route. So you need to get 1 point to unlock ending 10, 2 points for the guy's friendship ending, and 3 points for their romantic ending.