The Blind Griffin [Historical] [Otome] [NaNoRenO 2015]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
WizzyGameMaster
Regular
Projects: Misfits. Summon!
Deviantart: WizzyGameMaster

Re: The Blind Griffin [Historical] [Otome] [NaNoRenO 2015]

#61 Post by WizzyGameMaster »

I loved this! Definitely one of the best VNs/Otomes I've played.
Though I felt there were a few too many words/phrases that I's never even heard of. But even if you don't read what they mean, it's still pretty easy to figure it out, so no real complaints there.
Slightly annoyed that 4 of the endings you get from Alexei's route and only 3 for each of the other two. But he seems to be the popular one so it only makes sense.
Emilio's still my favorite though.

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#62 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Thank you so much to everyone who has played the game so far! You make all the hard work worth it!
WizzyGameMaster wrote:I loved this! Definitely one of the best VNs/Otomes I've played.
Though I felt there were a few too many words/phrases that I's never even heard of. But even if you don't read what they mean, it's still pretty easy to figure it out, so no real complaints there.
Slightly annoyed that 4 of the endings you get from Alexei's route and only 3 for each of the other two. But he seems to be the popular one so it only makes sense.
Emilio's still my favorite though.
There is a version of ending 10 for each guy :) It just depends you was your mentor. So each guy got 3 endings (Bad, Friendship, Romantic) each and they share the 10th one.

WizzyGameMaster
Regular
Projects: Misfits. Summon!
Deviantart: WizzyGameMaster

#63 Post by WizzyGameMaster »

Auro-Cyanide wrote:
There is a version of ending 10 for each guy :) It just depends you was your mentor. So each guy got 3 endings (Bad, Friendship, Romantic) each and they share the 10th one.
That is pretty cool. Looks like I've got 2 more endings to figure out then. :D

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#64 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

WizzyGameMaster wrote:
Auro-Cyanide wrote:
That is pretty cool. Looks like I've got 2 more endings to figure out then. :D
They are very similar, so I think mostly worth it if you are a completionist type!

Akitsuki
Veteran
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Discord: fsalmon#5522

#65 Post by Akitsuki »

Played it! And it was awesome!! I randomly picked Alexei as my mentor at first and he easily became my favorite! Well... Emilio is cute too, but I guess I still prefer Alexei LOL. I only got 3 endings so far, I hope I won't lose my mood to get all of the endings.

Anyway, you guys have done a really great work! The glossary is what probably amazes me most because I haven't seen any like it before. But sometimes there were some phrases that I couldn't click to open the glossary. I don't remember exactly where it was, but let's say I found the phrase first it Alexei's route--I couldn't click it. But when it appeared in Emilio's route, it was fine and I could click it. It wasn't a big deal, actually, but just saying. And probably it's me who's too lazy to open the glossary by myself LOL.

Kyonda

#66 Post by Kyonda »

T-T the game sounds really great but it doesn't work on my laptop ... I don't know what's the problem but after few screens the screen turns white and the game isn't responding ....i need help ....

Electromancer
Regular
Completed: A New and Beautiful World [Ludum Dare 30], Lull [Ludum Dare 31], Palinurus [NaNoRenO 2015], Seeds of Sylvia [Secret Santa 2015], Fare Thee Well [NaNoRenO 2016]
Projects: Republic of Stories
Organization: Freelance

#67 Post by Electromancer »

I've been a little late with trying to get through all the other NaNoRenO entries, but I finally got to The Blind Griffin, and I've got to say: this is by far my favorite NaNo game this year! At least, as far as I've played. Better than my own entry :P

Also, Alexei master race, Emilio is booboo.
Student activist. Son of immigrants. Published poet, author. Young but experienced freelance writer at $0.05/word, DM for portfolio. Buddhist. BLM.

AuthenticSky

#68 Post by AuthenticSky »

I actually discovered this game on itch.io and was led to this forum

I'm super impressed so far. Love the art style, the music, and the background art. Haven't gotten very far (on Gio's route), but the protagonist is my fav character. Love how she's written!

Noyemi K
Regular
Completed: Pimiko Plus
Projects: Pairs, Monochrome Blues
Organization: Delmunsoft
Deviantart: NoyemiK
Github: NoyemiK
Soundcloud: mishkahd

#69 Post by Noyemi K »

I've edited all of the game's tracks and put the soundtrack up!

There are mix and arrangement edits, and extensions too. The minimum price for the album is $1 USD.
Music composer for:
Innate Imperfections [NaNoRenO 2015] | Blind Griffin [NaNoRenO 2015] | Locked Souls

Please consider hiring me to work on your game.

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Gidget & The Mysterious Thievery of Hoppity Town
Projects: Cerulean, The Photographer, Stalker&Yandere, Enamored Risks, Who Is The Red Queen?
itch: yuukipudding

#70 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

Finally I can find some time to download and play this! Just finished and jump straight to give comments!
I totally fell in love with all the characters! Although at first I pick Emilio, then Alex and the last is Gio
.....and what I can say for all the endings is...
FEELS, TOO MUCH FEELS, ANGST FLUFFINESS AND DESPAIR MIXED WITHIN ME
especially all those bad endingssss whyy why you killed them all //cries
and the bad ending for Alex and Emilio broke my heart, probably because the MC become evil in Emi's part, and her power changed when Alex died---- //sobs
oh and the extra endings just give the last blow, completely, unlocked that 10th ending when I got all other endings //cryagain
and what is marie's power?! is it dark? because I think she's strong connection with the council and she's the one who erased MC's memory... but I might be wrong, I'm totally curious!!
I want to say my favorite guy is Alex since he's totally my type and all that
but I can't choose! Since three of them have their own stories and this unique charm, the way you guys write them is awesome, never thought I can like characters on VN with the same level of affection! that applies to Marie and Vivi. Usually I tend to love this one rather than that one.
Love the art, music and those extra difference in backgrounds on different occasion as well, this one is a fab piece of VN, copatetic I must say!

now to go to find another nanoreno games for me to play mwahahaha //slapped

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#71 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

The Blind Griffin Digital Art Book is now available!

It’s pay-what-you-want starting at $1. If you’ve paid $1+ already, then you already have access!

The book includes art from the game, concept art, walkthroughs on the backgrounds and CGs, explanations of the GUI and logo and bonus sketches!

I would also be very grateful for any feedback, I want to get better at art books. Please feel free to let me know what you did and didn’t like, what you would like to see, what you would like removed etc!

Thank you for reading!

Mayushima

#72 Post by Mayushima »

I enjoyed this way too much! Everything is perfect. The dudes are super hot too, I especially have a thing for latinos. owo.
I fricking love all the endings, and well, the bad ones are really bad but I enjoyed playing them too. I don't know how you guys did it, but I felt so familiar with everything. I really felt like I already knew all of the characters which is something that never happened.
The heroine is beautiful by the way, I feel like she's special, not just another insecure pretty woman. I grew fond of this game.

I love you guys for making this. Good luck with your future projects, I really hope I'll be able to play those too! ^ ^

RainJester
Deviantart: RainJester

#73 Post by RainJester »

I. Love. This. Game.
The artwork and ui is incredibly sleek and the writing is really well done. Every character felt like it was completely fleshed out and the heroine was a really endearing bearcat. :)
Loved how there was a slang dictionary included. It's the berries!

JJupiterJump
Regular

#74 Post by JJupiterJump »

I love the artwork in this game! Unfortunately I haven't been able to play it all the way through because it lags my computer to death. I've played other Ren'Py games on it before, lots of them in fact, and this the only one to do it to me this far. I'm running Windows 7. I was hoping there was a way to fix it, but if not, oh well.
I'll find a play through maybe! Still, from what I did see, I love the heroine! and the style of the game, it's so cool.

sangoandmiroku799

#75 Post by sangoandmiroku799 »

Wow!
As you can probably see from my post count, I pretty much never come back to the forums to praise a work, but this is superb.
One of the things I like in a VN is when it teaches me something new - especially language related - like this 20's slang or the Chinese in A2.
I love the tone of the glossary as well!
Thanks for making such a great game. :)