Dream Chasers

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Ren

Re: Dream Chasers

#16 Post by Ren »

Aaah, it was added already!Anyway, let me tell you once again I really loved it, I really recommend it to everyone!

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#17 Post by Samu-kun »

I played this and I was thoroughly impressed!
Rygel and Silva definitely stood out as my two favorite arcs. I thought Risa's arc was just a little bit too comical and cliche at parts though. And it's strange how she doesn't mention how her memory resets every five years during her arc. In terms of the graphics, they definitely vary wildly. The CGs at the end were excellently drawn, but they seemed to contrast a bit with your usual art style. I actually didn't like the CGs that much... They seemed much more grim and gritty compared the graphics in the game. In addition, your game could have been 1000 times better with music, but I see you're on your way to fixing that.
I think everyone should play this. The story's reallllyyy good!! ^_^

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

#18 Post by Vatina »

Aaand done with Dream Chasers.

................ :(
My favourite arc is Silva's, with Risa coming in second. Like Samu-kun I thought she got a bit too silly at times, but it wasn't over-shadowing. I also felt that her brother's passing was a bit sudden. And oh so sad!
When Kira meets Silva and his story gets unlocked, I went "is THAT what he looks like??". Somehow from the talk about him in the other routes, I imagined him as a creepy old man xD I worked well though together with the sudden turn of the mood in the story.
I didn't care much for Rygel, honestly xD And Kira was so-so.
Sometimes the text got a little hard to read, especially against bright backgrounds. Was that voiced/music version ever released? I seem to remember that it was, but I can't find it <_<;;

In conclusion: it was a nice story, I really liked it :) It's unfair to Risa though <_< *sniff*

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#19 Post by lordcloudx »

Oooh! Thanks for the semi-review and thank you for playing, Vatina.

To answer your question: Nope, the voiced version hasn't been released yet, though, Mihel and Ignosco have been doing a stellar job with the game's soundtrack. They'll really add to the ambience of the game once it's released. Honestly, I've been slacking off on the voicing for a few months now, but thanks to you, I feel re-energized to work on this again.

Rygel's voice is done and Risa's voices are about half-done. Silva's (mine) It shouldn't take too long with my current level of motivation. Denzil, our programmer, will be voicing Kira. :D
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

#20 Post by Vatina »

Awesome :D I'll be looking forward to it then!