Lemma Soft Forums

Supporting creators of visual novels and story-based games since 2003.

Visit our new games list, blog aggregator, IRC channel, and Discord (new).
Activation problem? Email pytom@bishoujo.us.
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 11:27 am 
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:39 am
Posts: 276
Completed: My Cup of Coffee
Projects: Dear Darjeeling, Queen at Arms, Emma: A Lady's Maid
Twitter: @steamgirlgame
Deviantart: steamgirlgame
My Cup of Coffee
The Trouble with Earl Grey

Image

Short Interactive Story
Romantic Investigative Interview

-Download-

You are the owner of Cafe Latte. When two of your regular
customers seem in a bit of relationship trouble, will you be able to
uncover what is really happening? Will you save their relationship?

Word Count: ~9000

Earl Grey Forever After!

Bonus content! If you think the original game was worth a cup of
coffee ($2,50+), get this spin-off as a bonus! Take on the life of
someone (female, male, or genderfree) who, despite their own
misgivings, is arranging a marriage to the earl. But somebody is
determined to scare you away. Will you put your life on the line
to reach a happy ending?

There are 3 unlockable endings, plus an easter egg.

Word Count: ~11,000

-Download-

_________________

Current Projects: Stranded Hearts | Emma: A Lady's Maid | My Cup of Coffee: Dear Darjeeling
Released Game: My Cup of Coffee: The Trouble with Earl Grey
Patreon


Last edited by Steamgirl on Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:37 am, edited 7 times in total.

Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 5:48 pm 
Eileen-Class Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:55 am
Posts: 1068
Location: Gotham City
Projects: Our Final Moments (writer); Ravished (TBA); Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin
Yay! You finished it! Congrats! :)

_________________
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain



Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 6:45 pm 
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:26 pm
Posts: 290
Projects: Mark's Story(BxB(Reach for the Stars(GxG), Mermaid Sonata(GxG,NaNo16), Black Dale-Curse of the Scarlet Witch(Semi Hiatus), A Few Secret Games
Twitter: @infellune
Tumblr: lunarwingsgames
Just got done playing. I really did enjoy this game =). The characters were pretty nice and the simple atmosphere really can relax a person. What I liked most was trying to find the truth. It was a nice touch and I won't lie I got anxious when the time was going XD. I saw that you might plan to make this a series. If you do I'd definitely play =). The art was also very nicely done and I think it fits the theme perfectly. Writing was normal but good to. Anyway good luck with your next game. I'm looking forward to it.

_________________
Please support my Twitter, Tumblr and Patreon

Patreon
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=885797&ty=h

Current Projects

Image
A GxG game about overcoming your fears and growing up in an forever changing world. Also focuses on lesbian relationships and self image.

Mermaid Sonata- A game about mermaids, magic, and adventure

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=37512


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 5:36 am 
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:39 am
Posts: 276
Completed: My Cup of Coffee
Projects: Dear Darjeeling, Queen at Arms, Emma: A Lady's Maid
Twitter: @steamgirlgame
Deviantart: steamgirlgame
@Mad Harlequin
Yay! Celebration! *twooot* Thanks for your contribution!

@infel
Thanks for playing the game and sharing your throughts! I'm glad the time made your heart race a little! Did you unlock any of the secrets? I'll try and work a bit more on my writing in the next game. ^_^

_________________

Current Projects: Stranded Hearts | Emma: A Lady's Maid | My Cup of Coffee: Dear Darjeeling
Released Game: My Cup of Coffee: The Trouble with Earl Grey
Patreon


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 7:00 am 
Regular
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:42 am
Posts: 46
Location: Philippines
I really, really liked this! <3

I love the idea behind this novel wherein I'm not trying to pursue anyone--I'm simply the one trying to get two people to settle their differences and thus decide the conclusion of their relationship!

The atmosphere and art set the right mood, and it was really well-written for me. And, though I'm not married to anyone, I feel like I can relate to Lady Grey's problems and insecurities.

Thank you for the wonderful VN! I look forward to your future works~


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 1:23 pm 
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:26 pm
Posts: 290
Projects: Mark's Story(BxB(Reach for the Stars(GxG), Mermaid Sonata(GxG,NaNo16), Black Dale-Curse of the Scarlet Witch(Semi Hiatus), A Few Secret Games
Twitter: @infellune
Tumblr: lunarwingsgames
Steamgirl wrote:
@Mad Harlequin
Yay! Celebration! *twooot* Thanks for your contribution!

@infel
Thanks for playing the game and sharing your throughts! I'm glad the time made your heart race a little! Did you unlock any of the secrets? I'll try and work a bit more on my writing in the next game. ^_^


Np =). And it did very much XD. I actually got all the secrets of the Maid. At the end I was hoping she would
confess to their son.
Didn't get all of Earl Grey and Lady Grey's secrets but did manage to befriend them =). And the writing is good for the game and worked well =).

_________________
Please support my Twitter, Tumblr and Patreon

Patreon
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=885797&ty=h

Current Projects

Image
A GxG game about overcoming your fears and growing up in an forever changing world. Also focuses on lesbian relationships and self image.

Mermaid Sonata- A game about mermaids, magic, and adventure

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=37512


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 7:33 pm 
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:48 am
Posts: 393
Location: South Carolina
Completed: A Day in the Life of a Slice of Bread
Twitter: @sasquatchiix
Soundcloud: sasquatchii
itch.io: sasquatchii
Wow, this was so much fun!! I really liked the concept & the "game play" behind it, and talking to everyone and puzzling out what was happening was really enjoyable.

Anyways, amazing job!! I really loved it :)

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 2:22 pm 
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:39 am
Posts: 276
Completed: My Cup of Coffee
Projects: Dear Darjeeling, Queen at Arms, Emma: A Lady's Maid
Twitter: @steamgirlgame
Deviantart: steamgirlgame
infel wrote:
Np =). And it did very much XD. I actually got all the secrets of the Maid. At the end I was hoping she would
confess to their son.
Didn't get all of Earl Grey and Lady Grey's secrets but did manage to befriend them =). And the writing is good for the game and worked well =).

For the next game I'm actually thinking of centering it around
the maid and the son. After all who doesn't like a story about star-crossed lovers?
. :)

sasquatchii wrote:
Wow, this was so much fun!! I really liked the concept & the "game play" behind it, and talking to everyone and puzzling out what was happening was really enjoyable.

Anyways, amazing job!! I really loved it :)

Yay!! Thanks so much! It's nice to know that doing something that is a bit different in gameplay compared to most visual novels can still be fun! :)

_________________

Current Projects: Stranded Hearts | Emma: A Lady's Maid | My Cup of Coffee: Dear Darjeeling
Released Game: My Cup of Coffee: The Trouble with Earl Grey
Patreon


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 4:08 pm 
Newbie

Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 1:32 pm
Posts: 5
Location: England
I must say, I downloaded due to curiosity but when I got into the game I was absorbed into it.

This game, while very simple, was a joy to play! I love trying to puzzle out information from everybody.
It took me 30~ minutes to get one ending and find all the secrets of one character, I can't wait to find the rest of them!

Thanks for such a wonderful VN :).


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 11:15 am 
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:39 am
Posts: 276
Completed: My Cup of Coffee
Projects: Dear Darjeeling, Queen at Arms, Emma: A Lady's Maid
Twitter: @steamgirlgame
Deviantart: steamgirlgame
Metasilicate_ wrote:
I must say, I downloaded due to curiosity but when I got into the game I was absorbed into it.

This game, while very simple, was a joy to play! I love trying to puzzle out information from everybody.
It took me 30~ minutes to get one ending and find all the secrets of one character, I can't wait to find the rest of them!

Thanks for such a wonderful VN :).


Aw, thanks so much! It means a lot to me! I wasn't sure if people would like this type of gameplay, but with comments like this, I think I might make another game like it! :)

GrizelyBear wrote:
I really, really liked this! <3

I love the idea behind this novel wherein I'm not trying to pursue anyone--I'm simply the one trying to get two people to settle their differences and thus decide the conclusion of their relationship!

The atmosphere and art set the right mood, and it was really well-written for me. And, though I'm not married to anyone, I feel like I can relate to Lady Grey's problems and insecurities.

Thank you for the wonderful VN! I look forward to your future works~


Totally missed this first time XD! I'm glad to hear you say that. I wasn't sure if playing a game that isn't centered around the protagonist's love interest would be people's cup of tea. Hehe. But it seems like it turned out alright! I'm going to make more like this. ^_^

_________________

Current Projects: Stranded Hearts | Emma: A Lady's Maid | My Cup of Coffee: Dear Darjeeling
Released Game: My Cup of Coffee: The Trouble with Earl Grey
Patreon


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 11:30 am 
Regular
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:09 am
Posts: 49
Projects: Scattered Notes
Twitter: @minutekiwi
Tumblr: minutekiwi
I really enjoyed this one!

I haven't gotten all the secrets or anything yet, but it was fun getting a couple endings with one or two secrets too. I plan on completing it! My only issue would be a lack of music during the actual game, and I think adding a few sound effects would really be incredible! (Like learning an important piece of information or unlocking a secret, like in Phoenix Wright).

The atmosphere was perfect and I really liked how all the art elements came together. I hope you make another game like this someday, or maybe one even longer!


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 4:52 pm 
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:39 am
Posts: 276
Completed: My Cup of Coffee
Projects: Dear Darjeeling, Queen at Arms, Emma: A Lady's Maid
Twitter: @steamgirlgame
Deviantart: steamgirlgame
TheKiwi wrote:
I really enjoyed this one!

I haven't gotten all the secrets or anything yet, but it was fun getting a couple endings with one or two secrets too. I plan on completing it! My only issue would be a lack of music during the actual game, and I think adding a few sound effects would really be incredible! (Like learning an important piece of information or unlocking a secret, like in Phoenix Wright).

The atmosphere was perfect and I really liked how all the art elements came together. I hope you make another game like this someday, or maybe one even longer!


Thanks Kiwi! I wasn't sure how important the music was going to be, so I asked about it in the work-in-progress thread but no one replied so I thought people probably didn't care that much! It's good to know your view, I'll defo add music and sound effects to the next game!! And maybe do an update to this one as well at some point. I like the idea of doing sound effects for unlocking secrets and such! I'm already thinking about the design of the next game!

_________________

Current Projects: Stranded Hearts | Emma: A Lady's Maid | My Cup of Coffee: Dear Darjeeling
Released Game: My Cup of Coffee: The Trouble with Earl Grey
Patreon


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:33 pm 
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:39 am
Posts: 276
Completed: My Cup of Coffee
Projects: Dear Darjeeling, Queen at Arms, Emma: A Lady's Maid
Twitter: @steamgirlgame
Deviantart: steamgirlgame
UPDATE: Music and sound effects added to the game!
Many thanks to those who made it possible by purchasing the game! <3

_________________

Current Projects: Stranded Hearts | Emma: A Lady's Maid | My Cup of Coffee: Dear Darjeeling
Released Game: My Cup of Coffee: The Trouble with Earl Grey
Patreon


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:31 pm 
Regular
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:09 am
Posts: 49
Projects: Scattered Notes
Twitter: @minutekiwi
Tumblr: minutekiwi
I just played the game again with the sounds and new music, and it all works perfectly! I think the VN really came to life with the changes. Good luck on your next game, I already saw it in the WIPs and I'm excited to play it!

_________________
Current Project

Image



Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:46 pm 
Newbie

Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:33 am
Posts: 16
I didn't know what to expect from this, but I really enjoyed it. I'm glad you added the music and sound effects; it was a big part of the atmosphere for me. The first time I played through, I only found a few secrets, then tried again and got a few more and got a different ending--the gameplay was quite fun and rewarding. I'm looking forward to the sequel!


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Protected by Anti-Spam ACP
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group