Raidaa no Asahi

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Ureshii

Re: Raidaa no Asahi

#76 Post by Ureshii »

Err, I'm afraid my programming skills are too poor to trace a line in an EXE-file where an error ocurs. But I can really wait for your next game, anyway ^_^ Thank you for your concern!

Mirena
Regular
Completed: Vortex

#77 Post by Mirena »

I played this and liked it. As for the fanservice so many have been talking about, I didn't really care much since it just were a few lines anyway - I'm glad there weren't fanservice cgs though.

The character portraits were very cute, as were the girls themselves. I was a bit disappointed when I saw that all the music was commercial (was hoping for a link to a nice website to swipe some free-to-use music from ;o). I have to say it's well-chosen music though.

The many acronyms confused me a bit, and I still don't really understand the relations between the different forces. The battle system was creative (I played on vn mode, haha, so I'm not sure if I have the right to say the next thing) but battles felt a bit too long.

RidleyWright
Regular
Projects: Blue Moon

#78 Post by RidleyWright »

Just played through all the 3 episodes and replayed the first one on challenging - I couldn't get enough of the gameplay. :D

The characters are cute (especially Chigara, I played the game just because she got that much of my interest xD). The story, well, it's ok, but these type of settings are not my favourite anyway, so don't bother. It was a bit short to get to really know the characters. The fanservice was ok, it was funny. :P About the gameplay - for the better or for the worst, it just overshines the game itself, imo. I really, really enjoyed it. So great. Mind you, I don't play shooters, but I think the gameplay was really well thought off (I still needed some time to understand that only my selected rider could take damage. xD). It's simple, yet complex, and it wasn't that great when you introduced it all at once. xD I blanked out. I got the hang of it, but I had to compare HP drop to see which rider did the most damage. x'D

Anyway, it was a great game, and I hope to see more of it. The girls need their time to shine, too. :P

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#79 Post by Samu-kun »

Thanks! Yosha, I'm glad to see another Chigara fan, since Chigara's my favorite character out of the bunch too. ^_^ Thanks for the comments about the gameplay too. :3

RidleyWright
Regular

#80 Post by RidleyWright »

Yeah, she's just too cute. Btw, are you, like, a Chobits fan? Since Chigara usually says chii~ and all. Having the eight volumes of the manga, I approve of this. xD

... Geez, I've been replaying a bit of episode 3, I managed to complete it in moderate! It's too adictive! And I was supposed to be fixing my third character! The day is ruined, now. x'D

Ah, anyway, I've been lurking in the Sunriders thread for a while so it seems that Raidaa no Asahi is kind of like a demo of the Sunriders? Maybe I'm saying something totally stupid. If so, I apologise. But it did seem like the characters will have the same background and stuff.

Samu-kun
King of Moé

#81 Post by Samu-kun »

Yup, the SunRiders will be a massive art and story overhaul of Raidaa no Asahi. As a matter of fact, Raidaa no Asahi is just The Sun Riders in Japanese. XD There'll be more characters, new scenarios, better mechas, and bigger capital ships. >:3

Mm... Yeah, I was kind of concerned about Chobits when Chigara started saying "chiii" all the time. She actually says chiii because it's the first syllable of her name. XD So Chobits was not one of the intentional homages in the game.

If you look closely, there are many other intentional references to other animes though. Uguu. ^_^

RidleyWright
Regular

#82 Post by RidleyWright »

Ah, cool. I hope you're planning on having the shooter parts on the Sun Riders?? :3 (just finished Challenging mode in episode 3... tomorrow I'll try Hard xD). Well, for me the bigger problem with the shooter parts is that I end up antecipating that more than the story itself xD. Utawarerumono was the same in that field. Well, if the story is interesting enough, it should be ok.

About Chigara, don't worry, she's unique enough, there's nothing wrong with her being extra cute by saying chii~. xD

...Other references, you say? I'll keep an eye on that. Key stuff, I'm guessing. auu~ :D

storm-and-fire
Regular

#83 Post by storm-and-fire »

Samu-kun wrote:As a matter of fact, Raidaa no Asahi is just The Sun Riders in Japanese. XD There'll be more characters, new scenarios, better mechas, and bigger capital ships. >:3
Really? Really? Chii... :shock:
I always translated ライダーの旭 (Raidaa no Asahi) as "Morning Sun of the Rider" and I couldn't make the exact connection. For me, Sun Riders would be 太陽のライダーズ (Taiyou no Raidaazu), which literally translates to Riders of the Sun. Of course, Sun Riders (サンライダーズ) is infinitely cooler for some reason. ;P

Samu-kun
King of Moé

#84 Post by Samu-kun »

Yes, I fail at Japanese. XDXDXD Oh well... If they can have Engrish, then I am more than welcome to mess up Japanese. XD

Mmm... Looks like I've actually gotten more than a few questions about the SunRiders. For those of you who don't want to read through the 80 or so posts in the WIP topic, here's the skinny

-All the characters introduced in Raidaa will be making a return
-It will be developed on Ren'py, so there will be support for Mac/Linux
-New characters will also be introduced
-The entire story has been rewritten, so even though the first couple of chapters resemble what happened in Raidaa, there will be a number of differences
-There will be a branching story
-The story will be about 5-6 times longer
-There will not be any gameplay this time around
-The girls' space ships will be replaced with mechas
-All the capital ships will be redesigned
-All the art will be redrawn
-Hopefully all the characters will be voiced