Serafina's Crown [Fantasy][Romance][GxB][GXG]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
CaptainSecretFire

Re: Serafina's Crown [Fantasy][Romance][GxB][GXG]

#16 Post by CaptainSecretFire »

SEQQQQQQQUEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLL.

*regains composure*

I absolutely adored Serafina's Saga, to the point of losing sleep over the need to get all the endings. (Although Reuben's was my favourite of course.) It's one of the works that inspired me to join this community and start making visual novels. So yay! How did I not know about this earlier? I am going to buy this sequel as SOON as possible oh my gods. Thank you for making it! Fangirling so hard right now.

AstrellaLunari

#17 Post by AstrellaLunari »

Gah! It was so great! Is there going to be a full walkthrough for this one, too? Somehow, I don't like playing through lots of branching paths since it feels "untrue" to my original game. I also don't think I COULD make any different decisions, since I chose the ones that made sense to me. That's why I like to read the walkthroughs. xD

My game:
I was mostly blue but a little less than half green with a smattering of the other colors. I visited all characters at least once, Lokke once and Serafina twice. In my game, Picard was the murderer. Is he always the murderer? I'm a true love nut, so I stayed true to my Lorenzo and only figured out who he was when I heard the thump at my window (after the scenes where he was acting so weird.) I was like, "OMG I bet it's Lorenzo and he's Lokke!" And I was right. xD

Serafina won the Grand Duma by a landslide- we didn't even need to debate. The grand Duma is getting reformed to include more of the country's stakeholders. We had sent educators and diplomats to the South.

I was really touched by Kalis's transformation. It was one of my favorite parts, actually, but I didn't really believe it until everyone was acquitted and Kalis made some touching comment about supporting the commonfolk. Gah, so happy!!! Still don't think I could run off with him, though. I'm in love with my ending of getting Doctor Whoed off to have heart-throbbing adventures with Lokke. <3

storykween
Regular
Completed: Serafina's Saga, Quantum Conscience, Echoes of the Fey, miraclr - Divine Dating Sim
Organization: Woodsy Studio

#18 Post by storykween »

@AstrellaLunari: Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Heh, you're the first one I've heard say she figured out Lorenzo's secret before he revealed it :) As for the murderer, yep, it's always Picard, but you can still end up convicting someone else (wrongfully) if you don't figure that out. I don't have plans to post a detailed walkthrough, sorry, but I did try to hint at the biggest variations in the story with the walkthrough I posted on my website. You can learn extra little secrets about each character either by romancing or indicting them.
My website: woodsy-studio.com

AstrellaLunari

#19 Post by AstrellaLunari »

Hah, I'd feel bad doing anything just for the sake of getting a particular ending or seeing every line of dialogue, but that only goes to show what a well-crafted story it is! Thanks for such a lovely experience!
I guess I would say that the characters all seemed very 3-dimensional, which is a good thing- just they all didn't seem particularly romanceable. Arken is creepy, Kallias is creepy,Kendal is self-absorbed AND creepy... and of course, the Serafina/Reuben thing is creepy. xD Roza is just violent. I would say this game made me feel things that weren't really focused on romance, to the point that I was wondering why romance existed, which is crazy, because I really need romance in VNs. It was nice that romance was possible, I just didn't feel like it was really the focus, which is fine in a game with such a wide scope. I suppose it felt like sticking with Lorenzo wasn't really a choice, at least for me. Though I see a few people are already on team Arken. It's kind of like how Kallias was a choice (I believe) in the original saga, and I was like.... why? The only thing I wanted out of talking to the characters here was murder information and special abilities. xD

It also could be that because the mc was so well-defined in her personality, hopes, and dreams, it didn't make sense for me to me to "pursue" someone else. Really though, after I heard Lorenzo's/Lokke's voice, I don't think I would've pursued anyone else anyway. ;) Major props to the voice actor there, and the writer!

MichelleZB

#20 Post by MichelleZB »

I am playing the demo now! I'm entertained.

Do you mean to say that both Odell and Seraphina are bastard children? That is what "natural born" means in English. A "natural born" child is illegitimate. I am not sure that you meant that.

storykween
Regular
Completed: Serafina's Saga, Quantum Conscience, Echoes of the Fey, miraclr - Divine Dating Sim
Organization: Woodsy Studio

#21 Post by storykween »

MichelleZB wrote:Do you mean to say that both Odell and Seraphina are bastard children? That is what "natural born" means in English. A "natural born" child is illegitimate. I am not sure that you meant that.
Hmm... I think "natural born" has been used in some lore/stories to mean illegitimate (looking at Game of Thrones), but in America it doesn't have that strong of a connotation. Anyway, in Darzia, it just means born naturally :) Odell is a legitimate child.

I'm glad you're enjoying it so far!
My website: woodsy-studio.com