A retelling of the Frog Prince

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
ebi-hime
Veteran
Completed: Asphyxia, Blackberry Honey, The Language of Love, etc
Tumblr: ebi-hime
itch: ebihime

Re: A retelling of the Frog Prince

#16 Post by ebi-hime »

Aw, this was such an adorable game! The art was very cute, and I loved the animations. The SFX were great too - I especially liked the one with the candle being blown out at the beginning.
I'm kind of glad
the teacher doesn't have a romantic ending, I was getting some creepy vibes from him throughout the story, haha XD Though the twist at the end took me by surprise a bit. I think it made me jump hahaha XDD
Thank you for making such a sweet game! I enjoyed it a lot!
I have a lot of free & commercial VNs available on Steam and itchio.io if you want to check them out! ☆

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

#17 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

Ein wrote:@VocaloidsRCool - sadly nope, Laurean is not obtainable...in the perfect ending, you see why! ^__^
I am so sorry for asking this, because it's probably annoying, but, how do you get the perfect ending? I got a bad ending, and
one where the player goes with the frog, but they never get the other half of the pearl.
I'm hopeless at getting endings. Please, help!

Ein

#18 Post by Ein »

@VocaloidsRCool

No worries! Here's a brief rundown:
To get the good ending, just favor Mr. Frog and ignore Laurean as much as possible. When Father asks you about him at the very beginning, be truthful. Then wear the lily pin. Then don't agree with Astrid/Enid about the prof. Apologize to the frog. Ask him to live with you yourself. Don't stay after school when Laurean asks you. And make sure to ask the Frog to stay after the "lost" sequence. I think that's everything...You'll know you've got the perfect ending when something different happens during the Valentine's Ball scene. :)

-L.k.R.-

#19 Post by -L.k.R.- »

Hey,
Your art is beautiful and cute~ >.<

Ein

#20 Post by Ein »

@L.K.R

Thank you very much, so glad you enjoyed! :)

sasquatchii
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: A Day in the Life of a Slice of Bread
Deviantart: sasquatchix
Soundcloud: sasquatchii
itch: sasquatchii

#21 Post by sasquatchii »

THIS GAME WAS AMAZING!!! So sweet and awesome. The animations were killer.

I have nothing negative or useful to add, just wanted to say I was impressed and also very taken with the story & style of everything :)
ImageImage

Ein

#22 Post by Ein »

@sasquatchii -

Thank you so much!!! I really poured my heart and soul into this game, and I am so glad it connected with you.

On a side note, may I also say, I LOVE your podcast!

hedgie
Tumblr: hedgehawke

#23 Post by hedgie »

This game is so lovely and I'm surprised it doesn't have more comments. The writing, music and images just come together so well to create a really warm experience.

Wonderful work, I hope you make more VNs in the future!

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#24 Post by try10 »

OMG! This was so cute in so many ways! The animations are so beautiful and the characters charming. I enjoyed playing and it gave me such a warm and fuzzy feeling. I am looking forward to your next projects!
Good luck! :D

LuckyBerry
Projects: aRomancetherapy!, The White Castle (title subject to change), and oh so much more lol

#25 Post by LuckyBerry »

I honestly don't understand why this doesn't have more comments, this is such an adorable VN! I discovered this at the start of the year when I was looking for games in the Google Playstore and I really loved it, so now that I have an account here, I decided to see if you had made a page here talking about your game just to tell you how much I enjoyed it.

I've got nothing really new to say (yeah, lovely illustrations, lovely animations, lovely story, lovely characters, just lovely EVERYTHING) and I don't have any more suggestions than the ones others have given you, so in resume, I just want to thank you for making such a sweet Visual Novel, and I also want to congratulate you for your great job considering this was your first one. I don't know if you'll ever read this considering it's been two years since the last comment (and since your last log-in) but if you ever do, I'd like to tell you that I hope to see another VN from you someday, you're very talented :)

bumblebeary
Deviantart: carbuncle22
itch: bumblebeary

#26 Post by bumblebeary »

It was so cute! AHHHH! I really enjoyed this as your first game. You really put a lot into the animation and storytelling aspects. Those backgrounds were heavenly! The slap sound effect was a bit overused but other than that everything was spot-on.

For future games I look forward to seeing if you customize the main menu or save screens. It takes forever and the basic ones tend to work fine, so if not no worries. You have TONS of talent!

Also I'm so glad I messed around a bit to get the "True" ending because it really took me by surprise! Mr. Frog is so classy. Love him. Love the dad. Love the crazy friends. Oh...why the riddle? Just to be fancy?