Summoner Sweetheart [VN & RPG Dungeon Mix] [FREE]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
wifom
Regular

Summoner Sweetheart [VN & RPG Dungeon Mix] [FREE]

#1 Post by wifom »

PRODUCT SPECS

Title: Summoner Sweetheart
Platform: Windows | Mac | Linux
Genre: Visual Novel
Rating: Teen
Audio: English voiceover only
Language format: English
Release Date: June 23, 2015

Summoner Sweetheart is a work of fiction with minimal references. Any resemblance to actual events, places or people is intended with no harm or for comedic purposes.

This is a League of Legends-based fan game.
  • Riot Games does NOT endorse our project
  • All League of Legends related intellectual property belongs to Riot Games

THE STORY

At Summoner’s Academy located in the city of Demacia, a cohort of students with one common interest create the high school’s first League of Legends club. The game warps the players inside a virtual reality using a digital headset produced by Rito Games. All is well until an evil self-proclaimed genius hacker thwarts the corporation’s success by infiltrating a highly encrypted glitch into the system! With a countdown of 7 days set by the perpetrator, the distressed CEO puts up a reward of 1 million Rito Points (a currency within the game) to unearth the miscreant in conjunction with sending out the company’s own specialized hacker force. If the villain claims victory, League of Legends will be terminated forever.

FEATURES

Things to expect in the game:
  • 2 main characters to choose from (boy or girl)
  • 6 romantic interests (3 boys or 3 girls) (BxG and GxB)
  • 6 possible VN endings (1 "good" ending for each character)
  • A dungeon to explore, defeat monsters, and fight the hacker
  • 2 possible dungeon endings (1 "good" and 1 "bad")
  • 6 retrievable "gifts" (very hard to trigger though lol)
  • Voice acting for almost everything (missing a couple lines)
  • ~44,000 words of script
  • Everything in the VN and dungeon was made from scratch! No pre-existing assets at all.

CHARACTERS

SCREENSHOTS

Image Image Image

GrizelyBear
Regular

Re: Summoner Sweetheart [VN & RPG Dungeon Mix] [FREE]

#2 Post by GrizelyBear »

Oh my gosh! It's finally out! Will definitely try this and review as fast as I can! <3

wifom
Regular

#3 Post by wifom »

Yaaaay! Please do! > w <

<3

CrimsonMoon
Regular
Completed: Unplanned AMOUR
Projects: Scented Dream

#4 Post by CrimsonMoon »

I've been waiting for this, will download this tomorrow and review as soon as I play through this. Congrats on finishing this! :D
Updated: 06/05/2015
I make logo, request here (STATUS: CLOSE)
Newbie to making VN.

wifom
Regular

#5 Post by wifom »

Oh my gosh, whoooo!! Super happy to hear that. :3

Thanks a bunch for the congrats! ; 7 ; <3

potouto
Veteran
Projects: (งツ)ว
Organization: MOONBBIT☆

#6 Post by potouto »

I have been watching this from day one aha
You guys used my favorite combo as the main characters ! I mainly play support and I really like Leona (It's just because I'm really good at playing her)
Oh my god thank you for making this! And congrats on the release, it look so awesome!!

yeah well | commission | website

wifom
Regular

#7 Post by wifom »

Wowowow! That's so flattering to hear. ; w ; Wheee~

And YES! Leona is my favorite support too hehe.

Thank you so much!

evathepooh

#8 Post by evathepooh »

I have played this for a little bit and i absolutely love it!
Although one thing idk if it's just me but sometimes during the LOL battle the game just crashes ;;v;;
But except for that i just love this gameee! *0*
And it it bad i already already see Cyrus as my fav XDD
Great job on this game! :D OIII ALMOST FORGOT : CONGRATS ON FINISHING ~!

wifom
Regular

#9 Post by wifom »

Hey Eva! Thank youuuu! I'm glad you were able to enjoy what we had. ; w ;

Yea, unfortunately the dungeon crashing is a known problem that hasn't been able to be resolved yet. ><;; The dev guy attempted to minimize the crashing (at first, you'd crash 100% of the time), but it still happens like 25% of the time. The coders are seeing if they can come up with a solution but... probably not any time soon. T_T

mariapizzeria

#10 Post by mariapizzeria »

I wanna start off by saying how awesome of an idea it is to make a League of Legends-based game. Your characters are a lot of fun; Cyrus would of course be a Yordle, hahaha!

But in my several attempts to finish the game, I've only been getting
the Lazy Song ending. (By the way, Teemo's cameos are perfect. I was really hoping to see him, and he's on point!)
I don't really know exactly what I can do to get an ending other than that. I've tried focusing on the dungeon game, but on the 7th day, nothing happened even though
the Hacker said he'd invite me to a portal for a final challenge?
And there is some crashing with the dungeon game. On top of that, I'd really like to point out to players of this VN that if you save during a dungeon match, it may crash when you load that saved point. At least that's what keeps happening to me.

Again though, I love the idea. The art is appealing. The music is pleasant, unless you linger on a scene too long, in which case the music kinda gets repetitive. Also, I'm a little confused about the storyline; I especially got lost when I spoke to Jason in the soccer field for the first time. Are Jason and Leona not supposed to know each other? I know they're in the club together, but they haven't met apparently?

Sorry for the long post, but again, big fan :D <3

xKairi
Regular

#11 Post by xKairi »

Uwaaah this looks amazing! Downloading now~

Dusk361

#12 Post by Dusk361 »

Hey Congrats on the release of your game I am really happy for you but I have come across an error while playing the game it stopped responding so I had to close it so then when I went to load the file to play again I got this error

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 328, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
TypeError: __init__() takes exactly 4 arguments (1 given)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 29, in script
$ ui.interact()
File "C:\Users\Eryn\Documents\SummonerSweetheart-winfix\SummonerSweetheart-winfix\renpy\ast.py", line 785, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\Eryn\Documents\SummonerSweetheart-winfix\SummonerSweetheart-winfix\renpy\python.py", line 1382, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 29, in <module>
$ ui.interact()
File "C:\Users\Eryn\Documents\SummonerSweetheart-winfix\SummonerSweetheart-winfix\renpy\ui.py", line 247, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Eryn\Documents\SummonerSweetheart-winfix\SummonerSweetheart-winfix\renpy\display\core.py", line 2149, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Eryn\Documents\SummonerSweetheart-winfix\SummonerSweetheart-winfix\renpy\display\core.py", line 2750, in interact_core
rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
File "C:\Users\Eryn\Documents\SummonerSweetheart-winfix\SummonerSweetheart-winfix\renpy\display\layout.py", line 846, in event
rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
File "C:\Users\Eryn\Documents\SummonerSweetheart-winfix\SummonerSweetheart-winfix\renpy\display\layout.py", line 846, in event
File "C:\Users\Eryn\Documents\SummonerSweetheart-winfix\SummonerSweetheart-winfix\renpy\display\screen.py", line 626, in event
rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
File "C:\Users\Eryn\Documents\SummonerSweetheart-winfix\SummonerSweetheart-winfix\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 762, in event
return handle_click(self.clicked)
File "C:\Users\Eryn\Documents\SummonerSweetheart-winfix\SummonerSweetheart-winfix\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 705, in handle_click
rv = run(action)
File "C:\Users\Eryn\Documents\SummonerSweetheart-winfix\SummonerSweetheart-winfix\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 274, in run
return var(*args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 328, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
File "C:\Users\Eryn\Documents\SummonerSweetheart-winfix\SummonerSweetheart-winfix\renpy\loadsave.py", line 573, in load
roots, log = loads(location.load(filename))
File "C:\Users\Eryn\Documents\SummonerSweetheart-winfix\SummonerSweetheart-winfix\renpy\loadsave.py", line 51, in loads
return pickle.loads(s)
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/pickle.py", line 1382, in loads
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/pickle.py", line 858, in load
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/pickle.py", line 1133, in load_reduce
TypeError: __init__() takes exactly 4 arguments (1 given)

Windows-post2008Server-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.18.3.761
Summoner Sweetheart 1.0

wifom
Regular

#13 Post by wifom »

Hey guys,

Thank you SO much for your wonderful comments! Q w Q <3

@mariapizzeria:

- Have you downloaded our newest hotfix patch with the Teemo issue being addressed? It was something a lot of people were having problems with and hopefully the newest update will fix that for you! :)
- As for the hacker... you'll need to visit the dungeon on Day 7 and get past the other bosses to trigger the event. You only have up until Day 7, action 1 to prompt this.
- We also have a small dungeon save patch as a separate file you can download now! :D So if you replace one of the files with that new patch, it should work. Directions are on the itch.io download page at the top where it says "POST RELEASE NOTES"

Hope that clears some things up!

@xKairi: Hnng, thanks a lot! ; w ;

@Dusk361: Yea, right now our dungeon has been acting up. We've discovered the problem.

A quote from our dev:
The dungeon crash seems to be caused by having two characters attack a mob at the same time, and having one of those attacks kill it. Until I can release a patch, avoid attacking with two characters at once if you can avoid it, and remember to save often.

So, you can minimize the times you crash by NOT pressing Q/W/E/R at the same time. Make sure to only press one button at a time. Should help a bit!

Thank you everyone who's tried it so far. We'll be pumping out an update hopefully very soon! C:

DX Nine
Projects: No One's Nightmare

#14 Post by DX Nine »

Wow, this is interesting. The art is amazing! The girls is so cute too!! :lol:
And i'm really curious about the boy with the robot hand!

Anyways, this is an amazing games! I'm downloading it right now! :D

wifom
Regular

#15 Post by wifom »

Thank you, DX Nine! :D Yesss, the boy with the robot hand (Cyrus) is definitely the most popular out of the guys. He's my favorite, too! :)