Cafe Memoria [BxG][Comedy][Slice of Life][Waitress][Free]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Message
Author
User avatar
thebackup
Veteran
Posts: 299
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:36 pm
Completed: Final Week, CardioQuiz, Cafe Memoria, All I Want for Christmas is a Girlfriend
Projects: Memoria (on hiatus), Cafe Memoria Deux
Organization: PixaelSoft
Location: Southern CA
Contact:

Re: Cafe Memoria [BxG][Comedy][Slice of Life][Waitress][Free

#31 Post by thebackup » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:01 pm

ebi-hime wrote:I played the demo a while ago, and finally got around to playing the game like I meant to!
Aw, the VAs all did such a good job! I really like Mikaela's VA, and Aurelia's was absolutely adorable! She had my favourite voice of all the charas, it was so cute!
For some reason Ryne's VA kind of reminded me of Adachi from P4, which resulted in quite an odd experience XD It made me imagine that everything he was saying was really passive aggressive somehow haha n_n;;
Glad you found the time to play Cafe Memoria, and glad you loved the voice acting! They really did a a good job and put forth the effort into their personalities. :) I've never played P4, so I can't really say about the similarity. ^^;
ebi-hime wrote:I think overall Mikaela was my favourite girl, blonde twintail tsunderes are obviously the best >w<
Good to have another Mikaela fan! Yeah, gotta love her attitude, right?
ebi-hime wrote:The rating system was a nice touch of interactivity, and I liked being able to choose between the food and drink, too. Especially the 'pepci', 'Mr. Pepper', etc. Those not-quite brandnames made me laugh XD
Thanks! I wanted my own "brand" line of sodas ^^
ebi-hime wrote:This is a really cute little game with some nice artwork, GUI (the GUI in particular looks really good), voice acting, and music. You did a good job!
I'm glad you find it so. I've might have said it before, but reading comments like yours make me want to work on a sequel. Thank you for playing and enjoying it!
My online portfolio and Memoria blog (a VN in progress)
ImageImage
ImageImage
Play the Café Memoria Deux Demo

User avatar
Aratzne
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:23 am
Deviantart: Aratzne
Contact:

Re: Cafe Memoria [BxG][Comedy][Slice of Life][Waitress][Free

#32 Post by Aratzne » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:03 am

Congratulations on the release of Cafe Memoria!

I had so much fun playing this game; even though it's short, the structure worked perfectly for the story you were trying to tell. I enjoyed meeting all of the girls (especially the ones who weren't in the demo), and I felt like each of them had their own unique personality. None of them felt too much like a stereotypical "shy girl" or "tsundere". Exploring the different food and drink choices was also fun.

At first, I wasn't too sure about having to play the routes in order, but once the chronology was set up it made a lot of sense. The set order works well in allowing the player to spend time with each girl, while gradually allowing the girls to build off of one another in their interactions. It helps that the routes were short and sweet so I never got bored with one girl. Also, the unlockable extra art was an awesome touch which I really appreciated.

As for the plot,
I was quite happy about the reveal with Julia, especially since it was built up over the course of the other routes. It's pretty predictable for games like this to leave the romance open at the end or lean towards a "harem ending," so the twist was really refreshing. I feel like Cafe Memoria never sacrificed its characters' personalities in an attempt to shoehorn in romance. And, giving Ryne someone whom he already liked made him a more well-rounded and realistic character in my mind.

Also, Julia is best girl so I was not disappointed. ^_^
Props to the relatively high production value of this free game, especially with regards to the character art and the voice acting. The menu choices and rating system were also really neat.

Like others have said, I would definitely love to see a longer sequel to Cafe Memoria that digs deeper into each of the girls' routes. I could see it selling commercially (I would buy it), and this game is a great way to pull in people's interest.

Constructive criticism: I wasn't too sure how to feel about Ryne. He's obviously a nice guy and the girls repeatedly say it about him, which means there's a danger of him being too perfect or just... unrealistically likeable? Then again, I appreciated the times when he got annoyed or didn't get along with the girls. I felt that he was more developed as the game went on. If you do make a sequel, I'd love to see more of Ryne's personality and internal conflict.

User avatar
thebackup
Veteran
Posts: 299
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:36 pm
Completed: Final Week, CardioQuiz, Cafe Memoria, All I Want for Christmas is a Girlfriend
Projects: Memoria (on hiatus), Cafe Memoria Deux
Organization: PixaelSoft
Location: Southern CA
Contact:

Re: Cafe Memoria [BxG][Comedy][Slice of Life][Waitress][Free

#33 Post by thebackup » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:35 pm

Aratzne wrote:Congratulations on the release of Cafe Memoria!

I had so much fun playing this game; even though it's short, the structure worked perfectly for the story you were trying to tell. I enjoyed meeting all of the girls (especially the ones who weren't in the demo), and I felt like each of them had their own unique personality. None of them felt too much like a stereotypical "shy girl" or "tsundere". Exploring the different food and drink choices was also fun.
Thanks! Glad you liked it, hope you found it unique in its own way.
Aratzne wrote:As for the plot,
While romance isn't central to the game, I thought the ending with Julia would be a nice touch.
Aratzne wrote:Like others have said, I would definitely love to see a longer sequel to Cafe Memoria that digs deeper into each of the girls' routes. I could see it selling commercially (I would buy it), and this game is a great way to pull in people's interest.
I'm glad that you would love to see a sequel. Cafe Memoria helped me gain experience in VN creation, and will help me pave the way for future projects, including a sequel, and as well as commercial projects. Its short length helped me gauge if I can finish a project, and I did (obviously). ^^
Aratzne wrote:Constructive criticism: I wasn't too sure how to feel about Ryne. He's obviously a nice guy and the girls repeatedly say it about him, which means there's a danger of him being too perfect or just... unrealistically likeable? Then again, I appreciated the times when he got annoyed or didn't get along with the girls. I felt that he was more developed as the game went on. If you do make a sequel, I'd love to see more of Ryne's personality and internal conflict.
He may be a nice guy, but he's certainly no pushover.
Especially if you rate Mikaela, Tristina, and Aurelia poorly.
Thanks for the suggestion, something to consider for a possible sequel!

Overall, glad you loved the game. Thanks again! Your comments make a sequel more likely. :wink:
My online portfolio and Memoria blog (a VN in progress)
ImageImage
ImageImage
Play the Café Memoria Deux Demo

muse69
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:17 am
Contact:

Re: Cafe Memoria [BxG][Comedy][Slice of Life][Waitress][Free

#34 Post by muse69 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:27 am

interesting review from other users make me want to read this one, lovely art from the screenshot and its voiced too.
gonna be back later

User avatar
Sayashiro
Regular
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:47 pm
Projects: Freak-Quency, Cafe Memoria, Amplitude, Spring Breeze, Escape from Puzzlegate, Project Aivisu, All the Pretty Flowers
Contact:

Re: Cafe Memoria [BxG][Comedy][Slice of Life][Waitress][Free

#35 Post by Sayashiro » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:56 am

Okay. My review for this game is extremely late, but here is my feedback on this lovely little visual novel.

First of all, the overall atmosphere for the game is just adorable and absolutely knits everything together perfectly; the voice-acting, music, art, game play, all was great. It's lovely to finally get a taste of what all the other characters sounded like, and they all did a wonderful job.

I've played Cafe Memoria five times now and it still puts a smile on my face. It's a simple story, but a very enjoyable one. I love that Ryne is already in love with Julia (though, he still needs to work on confessing his feelings) and shows little romantic interest in the other girls. =)

I had also initially thought that Julia would be my favorite among the girl, but after playing through the game, with everything set in place, I became a Mikaela fan. Partly has to do with the fact that Skyler Davenport did such a great job voicing her and really bring out the character's personality. Because quite frankly, if I met a girl like Mikaela in real life, I'd stay miles away from her. Haha.

Great job on the game!

I have really enjoyed voicing Aurelia and look forward to working with you again, thebackup!
/ Sayaka Mashiro / Voice-Over Artist / Casting Director /
l Website l http://sayashiro.wix.com/sayakamashiro l

User avatar
thebackup
Veteran
Posts: 299
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:36 pm
Completed: Final Week, CardioQuiz, Cafe Memoria, All I Want for Christmas is a Girlfriend
Projects: Memoria (on hiatus), Cafe Memoria Deux
Organization: PixaelSoft
Location: Southern CA
Contact:

Re: Cafe Memoria [BxG][Comedy][Slice of Life][Waitress][Free

#36 Post by thebackup » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:44 am

Sayashiro wrote: First of all, the overall atmosphere for the game is just adorable and absolutely knits everything together perfectly; the voice-acting, music, art, game play, all was great. It's lovely to finally get a taste of what all the other characters sounded like, and they all did a wonderful job.
Glad you found it that way! Everyone who helped in building this VN exceeded my expectations.
Sayashiro wrote:I've played Cafe Memoria five times now and it still puts a smile on my face. It's a simple story, but a very enjoyable one. I love that Ryne is already in love with Julia (though, he still needs to work on confessing his feelings) and shows little romantic interest in the other girls. =)
He can be pretty shy when it comes to romance. ;)
Sayashiro wrote:I had also initially thought that Julia would be my favorite among the girl, but after playing through the game, with everything set in place, I became a Mikaela fan. Partly has to do with the fact that Skyler Davenport did such a great job voicing her and really bring out the character's personality. Because quite frankly, if I met a girl like Mikaela in real life, I'd stay miles away from her. Haha.
Skyler did an excellent job at Mikaela's tsundere personality. Yeah, I'd probably stay away from someone who is like Mikaela as well ^^;
Sayashiro wrote:Great job on the game!

I have really enjoyed voicing Aurelia and look forward to working with you again, thebackup!
Thanks! It's a pleasure to have your talent to help build this visual novel. I look forward to working with you again as well!
My online portfolio and Memoria blog (a VN in progress)
ImageImage
ImageImage
Play the Café Memoria Deux Demo

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users