Slaughtertrain [twine][humor][violence][snowpiercer]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Rosstin
Veteran
Completed: Rex Rocket, Kitty Love, King's Ascent
Projects: Road Redemption, Queen At Arms
Organization: Aqualuft Games

Slaughtertrain [twine][humor][violence][snowpiercer]

#1 Post by Rosstin »

Rosstin of Aqualuft Games here! A few weeks ago, me and some buddies did a gamejam and made SLAUGHTERTRAIN. This is a violent, randomly-generated slaughterfest where you battle your way through a series of train cars, to restore order in a post-apocalyptic future train. It's very silly and a lot of fun.

THEY PUT YOU AT THE TAIL END OF THE TRAIN...
BUT THEY DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE SO GOOD AT VIOLENCE...
NOW YOU'RE COMING FOR THEM... ALL THE WAY UP THE TRAIN
Plus Ultra brings you Slaughtertrain, a RANDOMIZED VIOLENCE ADVENTURE about a noble hero (you, of course) who must slaughter everyone on a post-apocalyptic train in order to complete a mission of redemption and revenge.

The game is is a LAVISH TEXT EXPERIENCE which contains over 100 DIFFERENT TRAIN CARS to explore and/or slaughter. Strong randomization and multiple difficulty settings offer you SEVERAL FASCINATING PLAYTHROUGHS.

With so many train cars and so many (3, specifically) different ways to interact with each train car, Slaughtertrain contains a truly astounding amount of jokes. it also contains an astounding amount of cartoonish violence and curse words! Slaughtertrain is not appropriate for children.

Slaughtertrain is the only review of SNOWPIERCER you ever need. Anyone with a strong opinion of any kind about that movie will probably enjoy this game. (You'll probably also enjoy it if you've never seen the movie but just like train violence.)

Play the game online here.

ImageImageImageImage

Kikaharu
Regular

Re: Slaughtertrain [twine][humor][violence][snowpiercer]

#2 Post by Kikaharu »

I like that you wrote Snowpiercer in the title. I just watched that movie yesterday haha

Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mnemonic Devices, Ciikos Bridge, Helena's Flowers, The Madness
Projects: Fox in the Hollyhocks
Organization: skyharborr
itch: skyharborr

#3 Post by Reikun »

Played through once for 15 train cars and
TOOK ALL 55 OF MY DRUGS
. Good ending!!!! I'll probably play through this some more later (and go for 100 train cars hehe). Congrats to the team on the release! I enjoyed it :)
ImageImageImage

fastest way to contact me: DM @skyharborr on twitter

Pannacone

#4 Post by Pannacone »

Somehow I missed the Snowpiercer in the title. I played the game and the whole time I was saying, "This reminds me of Snowpiercer!" Very witty game, a good way to kill a few minutes or so. Loved the weapon choices (I ended up with an Ancient Petrified Biomass).

YossarianIII
Veteran
Completed: Guns & Lovers; SRRT!; Kill Your Refrigerator; Banality Man; Beretta Mondatta
Projects: Solidarity Forever
Organization: KONOL Games

#5 Post by YossarianIII »

Holy crap, this is the best! "RANDOMIZED VIOLENCE ADVENTURE" is all of my favorite things, and kind of an underrepresented genre on these boards.

What I liked is that the game genuinely gets the spirit of the craziest moments in Snowpiercer and the structure of the plot without actually copying that much from the movie beyond the basic premise. To use an analogy, if the original movie were Apples to Apples, this would be Cards Against Humanity.

I played the 15-car version a few times and I
died a lot. My initial strategy was brute force, which did little good beyond the one time it won me a dance contest. Once I realized that stealing and paying were (normally) much safer, I managed to make it to the end. After all my hero had been through, it really did seem like the only logical solution was to TAKE ALL THE DRUGS. Not sure if this ending changes based on how many bombdrugs you have, but I was very satisfied with the whale vision ending and thought the whale-like noises in the soundtrack were a nice touch. I felt especially good about the ending after I cheated with my browser's back button and saw that the other choices would've led to horrible deaths.
Additionally, I really support how this game included
a funnel cake car on the doomsday train. I just learned recently that funnel cake isn't actually that well known outside certain regions, and now I'm sad for all the places that don't have it.
Overall, one of the most enjoyable Twine games I've played.

Image Image

somestrangecircus
Regular
Completed: Palette Swap (NaNo 2016)
Projects: Yumi-chan's Wonderful Cake Shop
Organization: Some Strange Circus
Tumblr: somestrangecircus
Deviantart: somestrangecircus

#6 Post by somestrangecircus »

Nice game! Wrote a review of it below:

http://somestrangecircus.blogspot.com/2 ... train.html

And will be recommending to everyone I can find! Good job, guys!