As a young girl, Marcus Cordale was rescued from a violent political coup and taken away from the country of her birth. To protect her identity, she was raised as a boy. When she comes of age, she joins the army of Orthera, in search of her elder brother. But when war breaks out, the Ortheran army is thrown into turmoil, and the young recruit is catapulted through the ranks. Can she step up to lead, and wage a battle against the kingdom she called home?
- A story of political intrigue, love, and war: Navigate a world rife with political intrigue, bloodshed, and uncertainty as a young soldier still seeking her place in the world. Form strong bonds with others to survive.
- Every choice counts: Player agency is everything, and you can act as you please. But be aware—each time you make a decision, it has the potential to affect everything from battle outcomes to your relationships with other characters. And you may lose a friend or two before the war is over!
- Prepare for battle: Before major battle sequences, the player has the opportunity to hone many different skills, including swordplay, medicine, and magic. What you take the time to learn can make all the difference in a future skirmish!
- Relationships with others: The player's relationships with NPCs are more than just dry statistics—each character has a story to tell and secrets to uncover. Acting in a certain way towards one person may jeopardize or strengthen your relationship with another.
- Complex themes: The story tackles matters of gender identity and diverse sexualities, and features the potential for relationships with characters both male and female, in a culture where standing out can at times be dangerous.
- Over ten hours of gameplay with nearly a dozen endings
- Potential romances with seven different characters
- Quick, action-packed combat sequences with timed decisions
- Sprawling battles with complex strategic choices
Click here to buy!
Everyone who backed our Kickstarter at the Scout levels or above should have now received their download keys for Steam. If you have not received an email with your key, please contact us at queenatarms[at]gmail.com. Players who purchased the First Edition of the game only, via Kickstarter, itch.io, or the Humble widget, should have received an e-mail containing instructions for upgrading to the Deluxe Edition at a discounted price. If you have not received this e-mail, please contact us with your information.
We are in the process of uploading a new demo, but a demo of the previous version of the game, containing the full first chapter, is available on our itch.io page.
Steam Key Giveaway on Tumblr!
From now until February 11, we will be running a giveaway on Tumblr. Three (3) winners will receive a free Steam key for Queen At Arms: Deluxe!
For more details, please check out our giveaway post here. An active Tumblr account is required for entry.
For further updates, please follow us on Tumblr or Facebook. Any questions, comments, or bug reports may be directed to us through any of those channels, or at queenatarms [at] gmail [dot] com!