Queen At Arms: Deluxe - **NOW ON STEAM** [GxB/G][Fantasy]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Laiska
Veteran
Completed: Queen At Arms, Cerulean, The Shadows That Run Alongside Our Car, Vicarwissen
Projects: Caramel Mokaccino
Tumblr: minesweeperaddict
Deviantart: koyoba

Queen At Arms: Deluxe - **NOW ON STEAM** [GxB/G][Fantasy]

#1 Post by Laiska »

Queen At Arms, a fantasy wartime adventure by Aqualuft Games is now on sale!

As a young girl, Marcus Cordale was rescued from a violent political coup and taken away from the country of her birth. To protect her identity, she was raised as a boy. When she comes of age, she joins the army of Orthera, in search of her elder brother. But when war breaks out, the Ortheran army is thrown into turmoil, and the young recruit is catapulted through the ranks. Can she step up to lead, and wage a battle against the kingdom she called home?
  • A story of political intrigue, love, and war: Navigate a world rife with political intrigue, bloodshed, and uncertainty as a young soldier still seeking her place in the world. Form strong bonds with others to survive.
  • Every choice counts: Player agency is everything, and you can act as you please. But be aware—each time you make a decision, it has the potential to affect everything from battle outcomes to your relationships with other characters. And you may lose a friend or two before the war is over!
  • Prepare for battle: Before major battle sequences, the player has the opportunity to hone many different skills, including swordplay, medicine, and magic. What you take the time to learn can make all the difference in a future skirmish!
  • Relationships with others: The player's relationships with NPCs are more than just dry statistics—each character has a story to tell and secrets to uncover. Acting in a certain way towards one person may jeopardize or strengthen your relationship with another.
  • Complex themes: The story tackles matters of gender identity and diverse sexualities, and features the potential for relationships with characters both male and female, in a culture where standing out can at times be dangerous.
Queen At Arms features:
  • Over ten hours of gameplay with nearly a dozen endings
  • Potential romances with seven different characters
  • Quick, action-packed combat sequences with timed decisions
  • Sprawling battles with complex strategic choices
Queen At Arms: Deluxe is now available on Steam for a retail price of $24.99. Until February 10th, you can take advantage of our launch sale and receive 15% off, for a purchase price of $21.24!

Click here to buy!

Everyone who backed our Kickstarter at the Scout levels or above should have now received their download keys for Steam. If you have not received an email with your key, please contact us at queenatarms[at]gmail.com. Players who purchased the First Edition of the game only, via Kickstarter, itch.io, or the Humble widget, should have received an e-mail containing instructions for upgrading to the Deluxe Edition at a discounted price. If you have not received this e-mail, please contact us with your information.

We are in the process of uploading a new demo, but a demo of the previous version of the game, containing the full first chapter, is available on our itch.io page.

Steam Key Giveaway on Tumblr!

From now until February 11, we will be running a giveaway on Tumblr. Three (3) winners will receive a free Steam key for Queen At Arms: Deluxe!
For more details, please check out our giveaway post here. An active Tumblr account is required for entry.

For further updates, please follow us on Tumblr or Facebook. Any questions, comments, or bug reports may be directed to us through any of those channels, or at queenatarms [at] gmail [dot] com!
Last edited by Laiska on Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:57 am, edited 4 times in total.

sheetcakeghost
Veteran

Re: Queen At Arms: First Edition [GxB/G][Fantasy][Strategy][

#2 Post by sheetcakeghost »

For anyone having trouble with getting the romance they're wanting, here are 4 tips to make your gameplay a little easier.

Tip 1: After you’ve marched out, you get most of your romance points with a person during down time. Hanging out with them while camping will do wonders in progressing down their romance path. (You can also start impressing them from the beginning of the game, but you'll want to combine that with getting to know them at camp. Otherwise you'll likely end up just being friends.)

Tip 2: Chatting with them while marching will build up some points, but not nearly enough make or break a successful romance. Don’t be afraid to chat with someone who isn’t your romantic interest at that time.

Tip 3: Before Chapter 4 you should get a scene close to the end of the war where the character you’ve spent most of your time with will either come to your tent or you’ll go to theirs. That’s actually when the locking point of the romance takes place. If you didn’t get the person you wanted by then you won’t be able to win them in Chapter 4.

Tip 4: We don’t punish save scumming in this game (it’d be an especially dick move, we felt, in a VN where you can die.) You can and should save the game on a decision screen if you’re not sure of the consequences. If you didn’t get the person you were wanting then you can always load up an old save and try different options. It’s actually not always obvious which ones will have you hanging out with the person you’re interested in. Sometimes going to talk to one person can lead to an option letting you hanging out with someone else.

Also, Laiska and I answer a lot of game questions on our official tumblr. Feel free to ask us questions or just send us a line on there. We check it pretty frequently.

Laera-chan
Regular
Projects: HeART Thief; Beauty and the Brothers: The Beginning; For Better or Worse; An Otaku's Guide to Santa's Reindeer
Organization: Moonlight Avenue, Inc.; Anomalis

#3 Post by Laera-chan »

Hmmm... I was interested in this on the WIP thread, so I think I'll take another look at the demo. I'll let ya'll know what I think when I finish, and if/when I finish the game. :)

Edit's edit: wrong thread! Oops! :oops: :oops:
Last edited by Laera-chan on Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Myra
Regular

#4 Post by Myra »

I enjoyed this game quite a bit, I would certainly recommend it to other fans of this style. I am already looking forward to the deluxe edition. I am curious however if you plan to put it on steam, Serenity?

sheetcakeghost
Veteran

#5 Post by sheetcakeghost »

Second edition is going to be on steam, yes.

Rosstin
Veteran
Completed: Rex Rocket, Kitty Love, King's Ascent
Projects: Road Redemption, Queen At Arms
Organization: Aqualuft Games

#6 Post by Rosstin »

Preview of some art of the special backer character that's in the Deluxe edition:

Rosstin
Veteran

#7 Post by Rosstin »

New CG art is on the way, and it's gorgeous!

qirien
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Metasepia Games
Deviantart: qirien
Github: qirien
itch: qirien
Discord: qirien

#8 Post by qirien »

Hey, I'm one of the backers, and I finally got around to enjoying this great VN!
I found this guide to be helpful and thought I'd post a link for anyone having trouble getting different endings. An ending list/gallery would be really nice to have in-game.

I liked the strategy aspects; I could tell they were well-researched and it was nice to have some decisions that were not romance-based. I also really enjoyed the brother relationship with Nick and thought that was really well-done! There's a lot of content here with all the different characters and choices which makes it fun to play through more than once. It was interesting to explore each character's attitudes towards gender and how much it matters to different people (or not), and how many other things often matter more.

It would have been really nice to have a few more CGs and music tracks to round out the game experience.

I found a few (okay, kind of a lot of) typos. I'm going to spoiler them all just in case:
* "pouring over" should be "poring over" (I think there were two of these)
* "the border lie much closer" should be "lay much closer" if you're going for past tense of something residing at a certain spot.
* "leading them through this torrid affair" - a 'torrid affair' is a passionate romance, not a bloody campaign, which is probably what you meant.
* "the men disbursed" - should be "dispersed" (disbursed means paid; dispersed means scattered)
* "lose clothing" should be "loose clothing"
* "she will not wave punishment" should be "waive punishment"
* "You should courtsy" should be "cursty"
* "find it a boon to set down to tea with them" should be "sit down to tea". Also, I don't think "boon" is the word you want; it has the connotation of a gift. Instead maybe "I find it rejuvenating" or "I find it illuminating"
* "If I say killed you" should be "If I say I killed you"
* "took audience with the Ortheran's" should be "took audience with the Ortherans"
* "the envelope that bared his named" should be "bore his name"
* "A moved cautiously" should be "I moved cautiously"
* "You hadn't been making sound" should be "You hadn't been making any sound" or "much sound" or "making noise"
* "Nice chair, aren't it" should be "ain't it" or "isn't it" or even "in'nit" depending on the exact accent you're going for.
* "my naval" should be "my navel" (unless she's putting a dress on a ship at sea)
* "whatever name you choose. Callista, or Callista" should probably be "[player_name] or Callista"
I know you're releasing a second version, so perhaps these notes will be helpful to you. Thanks again for a fun, thoughtful game!
Finished games:

sheetcakeghost
Veteran

#9 Post by sheetcakeghost »

Thanks for the feedback! Everyone should feel free send us typos. Even if we've already found them there's a chance you'll still find some we didn't.

You'll get to look forward to more time with Nick in the second edition. I'm writing him into the 4th chapter right now. d: We're also going to have more CGs and music too.

Our tumblr has guides for almost all of the character endings too, but that guide is also really great.

Ulalaria
Regular
Completed: Faust: Scene II, Queen At Arms, Rosewater
Projects: The Owl-Woman Oracle
Tumblr: meagantrott

#10 Post by Ulalaria »

Hi all, Meagan the background artist/Jill-of-all-trades here! We're getting ready for Deluxe Edition's Steam release, and I've been tasked with creating Steam achievements.

Right now, I'm suuuuuper stuck on what to call the achieve for completing Mechanist James' romance path. Any ideas, community? :)

Fiogan
Completed: Delusion Gallery
Projects: Godsgate, The Beastie Watch
Tumblr: manuscriptmuse

#11 Post by Fiogan »

I love Queen at Arms! I've played the first edition several times, and I like the quirky characters, the world, and the options for my character's personality and preferences. And the art is so gorgeous. I also really liked the way the battle scenes were handled.

The Archmage is my favourite character, at least thus far, though James is a close second. That said, for James' achievement - how about Bells and Whistles?

Ulalaria
Regular
Completed: Faust: Scene II, Queen At Arms, Rosewater
Projects: The Owl-Woman Oracle
Tumblr: meagantrott

#12 Post by Ulalaria »

Fiogan wrote:I love Queen at Arms! I've played the first edition several times, and I like the quirky characters, the world, and the options for my character's personality and preferences. And the art is so gorgeous. I also really liked the way the battle scenes were handled.

The Archmage is my favourite character, at least thus far, though James is a close second. That said, for James' achievement - how about Bells and Whistles?
Awesome! Glad you enjoyed! :D

Haha, I really like "Bells and Whistles". I'll credit you if we end up using it. :)

wyverngem
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Simple as Snow, Lady Luck's Due,
Projects: Aether Skies, Of the Waterfall
Tumblr: casting-dreams
itch: castingdreams

#13 Post by wyverngem »

Okay, I'm having trouble with the game. I downloaded the demo from the site and I've been looking for the "Auto" button. You have it as an option on your main menu, but I can't seem to find the toggle for it. Does the game actually have a auto-forward function?

Rosstin
Veteran

#14 Post by Rosstin »

Hey Wyvern, I'll take a look today.

terence
Tumblr: terence
Deviantart: terence
Github: terence
Soundcloud: terence

#15 Post by terence »

So far on my first trial of the game I find it great and I am so much have fun in it. Now I will be looking forward of a new updates, if there could be possible.

Last edited by terence on Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.