Magical Otoge Ciel [GxB] [Fantasy] [Free]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
cookie

Re: Magical Otoge Ciel [Complete][Free][Comedy/Romance]

#16 Post by cookie »

Batensan wrote:
cookie wrote:downloading now! the art looks so cute <3 <3

update: I'M CRYING!! okay, that was dramatic, but oh man, I really fell in love with this game <3 <3 your art is beautiful! I was laughing, then I was crying, then I was... eating (ok, forget that) yeah, good job!! and good luck with your future projects!

Have a nice day!
Thank you!!! I hope you cried in real life <3
Yeah, I cried! I took the Anton's route first and I cried so much! I really love Anton. I love Ven and Marchen too! I love how Marchen tells the story, and also I love how Yvin became a important character for the story, he was really cute! I love everything about this game! (I said "I love" a lot, I know, I really wanted to show my love <3)
x

Batensan
Regular
Completed: Moon Observatory (Ciel, Anholly, Iris), Pizzaro Project Deep Dish
Tumblr: batensan
Deviantart: batensan
itch: batensan

#17 Post by Batensan »

philip wrote:Just played this; thought it was MUCH better than the demo!!! Only problem is that I didn't play through the Yvin route when I came upon it, and now have been unable to find it. Wah!
I'm not sure what you're talking about! You should be able to select Yvin's route once you click "Start Game" and go to the route selection screen.
Developer of Moon Observatory.

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#18 Post by philip »

@Batensan-

Got it! I had saved the route selection screen when I wen through the first time, so Yvin didn't appear there. Duh!

Thanks!

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

Chiyumi
Tumblr: chikkori

#19 Post by Chiyumi »

I just wanted to say-- I made an account on here purely to talk about this game, because wow. Last night I splurged and played every route.
(Warning- there may be spoilerish stuff in this post so if you're trying to decide whether or not to play it, only read the next paragraph.)
First of all, I'd like to say that this is definitely a 10/10-- Honestly, it's the best VN I've ever played. It may sound extreme but I've played quite a few, translated, not translated, or english-made. Other otoges made by professional companies may be longer and well.. more professional, I guess, but none of them really made me love the characters like this one did. (Plus, this one seemed PLENTY professional to me, don't worry, that's not what I mean!)

I think it's because so many VNs focus on being... dark and sad. But this one made me laugh, a lot. Not just a puff of air through the nose, no, I was laughing, sending pictures to friends on Skype, worried that I'd wake up my family...

As for crying, I... didn't really? For some reason, even though it was sad, on all the routes I just felt kind of.. Happy for Ciel and the other characters? Because even if they had a sad past, they'd get over it, together. I think that's what kept me from crying and, honestly, that's a good thing. (Not that anyone who cried is wrong for doing so!)...Plus, I think I'm out of tears for now, since I just finished the 3rd arc of Rune Factory 4...

All of the characters were... Well, they were all just wonderful. I think if I had to choose a least favorite character it'd be.. Well, Ciel. But even then, I love her! I would only say she's my least favorite because I had a bit of a hard time.. relating to her personally, and games like this just feel a lot better when you can get into that role.

As for the boys, I.. can't decide. Florien is adorable; but I'm not really personally attracted to him because he reminds me a looot of myself. Seeing him blush over little things was adorable.. But I knew that that's exactly what I'd be doing. His snarky comments, too, are things like I would say.. So for me it's a little weird to go that route, but I played it anyways and couldn't help but enjoy it a lot. The amount of character development done for him, just... His character is amazing, like the others, he feels, well, real.

Anton might be my favorite, like many others. I honestly fell in love with his personality and how much he cared for Ciel. As for the Meta Knight thing, well.. When I was younger, I had a HUUUUGE crush on Meta Knight, no joke. So it doesn't really surprise me that the two would be compared! I played Anton's route first, which honestly made the other two a bit harder... To see a world where Anton wasn't with Ciel,
where she didn't remember anything about him in the past.
God I love him. The only thing is that I'd really love to see a kiss scene with him... I figure, they wouldn't have kissed anytime within the span of the game; that's not how Anton rolls. But while playing his route I couldn't help but keep thinking. "God I just want to kiss you."

Time for Yvin. Wow, Yvin... Even if described as a joke character, he has the same depth as the others. I loved his personality probably just as much as Anton, which is why I just can't decide... I think the perfect character for me would be somewhat a mix of the two. Yvin made me laugh so much, but even starting from Anton's route(Note: I played Anton -> Florien -> Yvin), I worried for him. I felt like.. something wasn't right. When I found out
he was just helping Ciel with her father I was relieved
but it felt like so much more. And the way he protected Ciel in odd ways in every route, too. Man I'm a sucker for protective guys. I just wish there were more Yvin CGs but I've read the author's note so, well, I understand why.

Anyways, I've never really written a review type thing before so I hope that's enough.. I loved the game. When it ended I felt kind of empty, I would've loved to see more of the routes, sort of.. afterwards. What the king thinks of the relationship, a little date scene, more angst.. Anything really. I just want to see MORE-- But I guess that's just to say how good the game is. I can't wait to play more games of yours, but I do have a question; Have you ever thought of lengthening the game if it gets more popular/started a Patreon for it? If I were you I'd definitely try looking at getting a Patreon set up for your otoge making, especially if you're thinking about making more... It may start out slow but if you make one, I may just have to ask my parents to let me pledge with some sort of monthly allowance. (I just turned 15 today so I can't work... _(:'3 z))

Sorry it was so long, but I did have a lot of (good) things to say. I'm sure there's plenty more I could say but I don't want to flood this post, haha.

Batensan
Regular

#20 Post by Batensan »

Chiyumi wrote:I just wanted to say-- I made an account on here purely to talk about this game, because wow. Last night I splurged and played every route.
Wow, thank you for taking your time to come here and write this for me! I'm so happy to hear that you liked it a lot!

I'm still going to make that fun Q&A For the Characters episode, so you can look forward to that in the near future! People have to send in questions, though aha;;

I arbitrarily decide the length of my games as I write them! I want to make something that feels just right, but there definitely could have been extra scenes without it feeling dragged on! Who knows, I might make a "fandisk" kind of extension one day.

Patreon has crossed my mind every once in a while, but it's a pretty big responsibility and dedication...! I don't want to do something half-heartedly, especially if fans are giving me money! Besides, as long as I'm the only person working on the game, I want to keep them free to play and as open as possible! As smashingly wonderful money is, I only want to be able to make the largest amount of people possible happy with my work!

And as much as I dream about being able to be a full time artist, all of the things I make are as a dedicated hobby on my free time. But... donations are always graciously open... I think this way is better (for now) with a lot less stress on you and me! But I'm very happy that you offered me your monthly allowance!

Thanks again for taking the time to write to me! I'd love to hear any other thoughts you have! Only if you want to! And happy birthday!

Chiyumi
Tumblr: chikkori

#21 Post by Chiyumi »

Batensan wrote:
Chiyumi wrote:I just wanted to say-- I made an account on here purely to talk about this game, because wow. Last night I splurged and played every route.
Wow, thank you for taking your time to come here and write this for me! I'm so happy to hear that you liked it a lot!

I'm still going to make that fun Q&A For the Characters episode, so you can look forward to that in the near future! People have to send in questions, though aha;;

I arbitrarily decide the length of my games as I write them! I want to make something that feels just right, but there definitely could have been extra scenes without it feeling dragged on! Who knows, I might make a "fandisk" kind of extension one day.

Patreon has crossed my mind every once in a while, but it's a pretty big responsibility and dedication...! I don't want to do something half-heartedly, especially if fans are giving me money! Besides, as long as I'm the only person working on the game, I want to keep them free to play and as open as possible! As smashingly wonderful money is, I only want to be able to make the largest amount of people possible happy with my work!

And as much as I dream about being able to be a full time artist, all of the things I make are as a dedicated hobby on my free time. But... donations are always graciously open... I think this way is better (for now) with a lot less stress on you and me! But I'm very happy that you offered me your monthly allowance!

Thanks again for taking the time to write to me! I'd love to hear any other thoughts you have! Only if you want to! And happy birthday!
You're welcome! I really felt it needed to be said, I think people who can make games like this are amazing, and it makes me happy to let people know that.

But yeah, I figured I should just ask about Patreon; since it's just an easier way of those monthly donations and all that, and can bring more interest to your projects. I totally understand not wanting to make one due to it sort of promising things to fans, and I'm sure it's hard work, and definitely puts on stress to keep things coming out and rewarding your patreons.. At the time of writing that question though, I had forgotten that Patreon definitely works on a basis that you have regular updates to things, whereas for you I'm sure things get done, well.. when they get done. (And there's nothing wrong with that!)

Being a full-time artist definitely is hard, though! I think it's okay to just keep it as a hobby, so that it stays fun and doesn't become stressful on you. As much as the game is fun for the players I hope it's as fun for you to make, haha.

Thank you for taking your time to answer me as well! And thank you for the happy birthday!

In spare time I might write a full-on review or something like that, to get all my thoughts out, but I think I got most of my thoughts out for now, though I'm sure more will come later since that's just how my brain decides to work. If I do I'll definitely link it here for you!

Sorry if I didn't respond to everything you said(and that it's all over the place) I'm also talking to my sister at the same time as typing this haha;; Anyways, thank you for making the game and I hope you can have as much fun making the games as we do playing them!

Batensan
Regular

#22 Post by Batensan »

Chiyumi wrote: You're welcome! I really felt it needed to be said, I think people who can make games like this are amazing, and it makes me happy to let people know that.

Sorry if I didn't respond to everything you said(and that it's all over the place) I'm also talking to my sister at the same time as typing this haha;; Anyways, thank you for making the game and I hope you can have as much fun making the games as we do playing them!
Yeah, I'm currently a suffering college student, so I tend to get things done at irregular, concentrated, and stressful intervals...! But it's still fun thinking about how people are going to react to them, so I press on!

Yes, I hope you show me anything else you have to say! Thanks again for your support!

Shiny
Tumblr: shingshingshiny
Deviantart: AllNamesAreClaimed12

#23 Post by Shiny »

This is honestly one of my favourite visual novels right now ^^
I must say, when I first started it my expectations were fairly low with the whole princess thing and considering it was new so I hadn't heard much about it yet, but wow were my expectations wrong!
I enjoyed every second of this game; there wasn't a single point where I felt things were going slowly or I got bored or tired, which is something that often happens considering my short attention span. It was an absolute pleasure to play. The characters were funny and likeable, and their conversations were awesome to watch. One of my favourite things about this is that when you choose your route, it doesn't just shove all the other characters out of the window. I think that's very important in visual novels like this, and I ended up loving everyone, not just mah man. (Especially Yvin. I don't even know if I want to do his route because I just love the fact that he's not even a main option, he's just there in the background, nudging things along and providing commentary and humour, I really love that guy). I wasn't huge on Anton so I was surprised when I read the author's notes and found out he was the fan favourite, now I feel like playing his route and getting him to know him more! But I absolutely adored Florien right from the start, and the romantic scenes were absolutely adorable.

I think this game's main advantage is that it doesn't take itself too seriously, leading to some hilarious and relatable side characters such as Fakey and the ghosts, I loved their scenes (the haunted house is one of my favourite parts of the game). Ciel is a pretty cool protagonist, I love her design! The art in general for this game is just amazing, I love your style, it's so smooth and pretty ^^

Anyway, great work on that, I can't wait to see any future projects of yours! I found all the stuff in your author's notes very interesting!

Batensan
Regular

#24 Post by Batensan »

Shiny wrote:This is honestly one of my favourite visual novels right now ^^
I must say, when I first started it my expectations were fairly low with the whole princess thing and considering it was new so I hadn't heard much about it yet, but wow were my expectations wrong!
Thank you! I love the feeling of blowing someone's expectations out of the water in the best possible way! I hope you enjoy Anton and Yvin's routes, too, and let me know how you felt about them!

Cathelinde

#25 Post by Cathelinde »

I really enjoyed your game! My favourite character is definitely Yvin. I really loved his puns!

ebi-hime
Veteran
Completed: Asphyxia, Blackberry Honey, The Language of Love, etc
Tumblr: ebi-hime
itch: ebihime

#26 Post by ebi-hime »

Just finished Florien route (I like my serious but at the same time deredere guys hohoho) and this was super cute omg o:
Your art is gorgeous! I love all the backgrounds as well, everything looks so pretty and watercolour-y aa... It's so nice o///o

I think my favourite thing about this VN is all the puns haha XD Yvin's ruffian/smoothian pun was great.
Yvin was just pretty great in general, I loved how characters commented on his weird 'narrating bits of the story to the reader' habit, and how VERY EPIC MUSIC would play when he appeared onscreen haha XD
The comedy club bit in Ven's dungeon made me laugh out loud - especially Florien's amazing 'not actually a joke' joke haha XD
And, about the liars room... I sense that was an Ib reference? The bit where Yvin was like 'it makes me think of creepy paintings'?
Oh, and the slimes were so cuuuute. Super cute!
I think my fav pairing in the whole thing would be Yvin x Wood spirit though, haha XD They are the best couple...
Or maybe Yvin x the crying ghost.
Or Yvin x everyone. Yvin's great. I should play his route, but then what would become of his blossoming (haha) romance with the wood spirit?
I think the SFX that played when something got hit/shaken was a little too loud, and it made me jump a couple of times haha n_n;; But that's not really a big deal or anything, and that's the only nitpick I really have.
I have a lot of free & commercial VNs available on Steam and itchio.io if you want to check them out! ☆

Batensan
Regular

#27 Post by Batensan »

ebi-hime wrote:Just finished Florien route (I like my serious but at the same time deredere guys hohoho) and this was super cute omg o:
Yup, it was an Ib reference...! I also made a Legend of Mana reference at the end of Yvin's route.

tantivy
Regular

#28 Post by tantivy »

Hi Batensan!

I finished all three routes and read the author's notes. It was a lovely game! First of all, like others have said, I adore your art style and the character designs are all really cute. Anton's hair really is the best... ^^

Some of Yvin's lines/scenes were just too funny! I'm glad you ended up adding him. The part with Yvin and the ghosts in the haunted house (on the other guys' routes) made me laugh out loud. Good stuff. I also liked all the puns, and the Wood Spirit was great.

It's hard for me to choose which guy was my favorite. I liked Anton's story the best in any case (and my eyes did well up with tears!). You were right that it was kind of painful at first to play Florien's route after doing Anton's. I liked Florien lots though, and he was always really sweet to Ciel (but then again all of them were). Plus all the blushing was cute~

Anyway, your game is really impressive and entertaining and I loved it~ Good luck with your next games! (Also I'll let you know if I think of any questions for the Q&A thing... Sorry in advance if I don't come up with anything good; I hope other people can help you out ^^;)
Last edited by tantivy on Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GrizelyBear
Regular

#29 Post by GrizelyBear »

Hi there!

I finished all three routes and I just have to tell you that I absolutely loved this game!

I was so worried about what you said about the "crying" part, but holy fudgee bars, this game was hilarious! XD I especially loved the Haunted House scenes!

I liked everyone's personalities, and I'm happy that Yvin didn't turn out to be something much more. I agree with you that the whole "runaway prince" is soooo cliche.

Out of all the guys, I loved Yvin! But out of all the routes, I enjoyed Florien's the most. :> Not to say that I didn't like Anton though. I LOVED Anton. He's so cute, and pure, and innocent, and ughhhhh >w<

Anyway! Thank you for the wonderful game! :>

Harmonywish
Regular

#30 Post by Harmonywish »

This game was so cute and funny! >w< I loved the ghosts and everyone's personalities! The art and CGS were so pretty too! Anton is my favorite character! But I love the wood spirit and his puns and mustache xDI love him! Yvin is hilarious as well! xD I can't wait to play more dating sims from you!