Magical Otoge Ciel [GxB] [Fantasy] [Free]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Batensan
Regular
Completed: Moon Observatory (Ciel, Anholly, Iris), Pizzaro Project Deep Dish
Tumblr: batensan
Deviantart: batensan
itch: batensan

Magical Otoge Ciel [GxB] [Fantasy] [Free]

#1 Post by Batensan »

Image Image Image
Story
Ciel, the protagonist, is a princess who has never been allowed to leave her kingdom. Along with her loyal knight and bodyguard, she decides to follow her dreams of seeing the world.

It’s a very pure story so expect fluff, but know there is mild blood for a short time in the game!
You can unlock Yvin’s route after finishing either Florien or Anton’s!
This game is very straightforward, so there's no walkthrough necessary.
I think it takes around 2-4 hours to complete all of the routes.

Florien: Ciel's childhood friend and knight who is set on protecting her, but also supports Ciel's independence just wants her to be happy. He's kind to Ciel, but is sarcastic and cold to almost everything else. He hates puns.

Anton: Florien's older brother and captain of Amarine's royal knights. He's always calm, cool, and professional, but cares deeply about Ciel and is more of a sincere person than he seems.

Yvin: A clever and witty traveler (not a thief) who ends up following Ciel and her adventures from a distance. It may not seem like it on first impression, but he likes helping out people.
Download Link:
http://batensan.itch.io/magical-otoge-ciel

Online version programmed by DrSchizo/@NineSquareZone on twitter:
http://sandbox-adventure.com/magical-otoge-ciel.html

Updates:

December 25, 2015
- Viern scenes/Ais side story
- new Yvin scenes
- 2 new CGs
January 23, 2016
- Fancy sparkly GUI update
March 13, 2016
- All the music has been changed to original songs!
August 25, 2016
- changed game resolution to 1280x720
- changed GUI
- minor text changes

Share it with your friends so you can cry (half-joking) together!! Thank you for playing and sharing this game!!
Check out my art blog on tumblr (batensan.tumblr.com) for more on Magical Otoge or my twitter for all the times I yell about my stories.

Optional Questions:
- Who was your favorite character(s)? What did you like about them?
- What were your favorite parts?
Last edited by Batensan on Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:50 pm, edited 47 times in total.
Developer of Moon Observatory.

Qeedy

Re: Magical Otoge Ciel [Complete][Free]

#2 Post by Qeedy »

the art cute! currently downloading and will play :3

- Eris
Regular

#3 Post by - Eris »

The art is so cute! I love it! But I'm not sure if I like the fact that Im gonna 'cry' while playing xD
Definitely gonna try it! ^^

Batensan
Regular

#4 Post by Batensan »

It turns out that there was an error that evaded me because I was testing the undistributed version!

If you downloaded the game before this message, please download it again!

Zhyx25

#5 Post by Zhyx25 »

Going to download it NOW .. im going to leave a feedback after i play it .. 👊👊👊
Regret is a powerful poison. The more you harbor those thoughts, the harder it is to move on.

cookie

#6 Post by cookie »

downloading now! the art looks so cute <3 <3

update: I'M CRYING!! okay, that was dramatic, but oh man, I really fell in love with this game <3 <3 your art is beautiful! I was laughing, then I was crying, then I was... eating (ok, forget that) yeah, good job!! and good luck with your future projects!

Have a nice day!
x

neuropsy
Regular
Projects: Emissary of Starlight
Tumblr: emissaryofstarlight

Re: Magical Otoge Ciel [Complete][Free][Comedy/Romance]

#7 Post by neuropsy »

I already sent you fan mail on Tumblr, but now that I'm on a medium more conducive for detailed commentary, I'll go ahead and elaborate my (overwhelmingly positive) thoughts here! I've only played Anton's route so far, for reference!

In the very beginning, I was a bit skeptical about this game because I've seen the princess absconding from the castle trope many times, but I am so glad I continued playing. This game had me smiling and laughing and squee'ing and stirred my filthy, fangirl heart. The puns were as atrocious as they were funny, especially smoothian. xD Another scene that I found hilarious was when Yvin had to deal with the ghosts who kept shouting BUUUUUUUURN or some equivalent. I believe there was a name there like "Every Ghost Except Steve," which just made me laugh.

That whole lollapalooza reminded me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdLqerS0A6M

As for Anton, ohmygosh he's just a cinnamon roll, isn't he? I think I went after him because he reminded me a lot of Meta Knight, a character I've always been intrigued by in the Kirby anime. When Anton smiles, it's as if I'm watching a bunch of puppies cuddling with baby bunnies.

Also, I really would love to hear more about Ven! Even though his appearance was brief, I adored him. His design also has got to me my favorite! I want to know more about his backstory; he seems like a sweetheart, and it saddens me that someone as precious as him has that fate... I read your author's notes on Marchen, and his existence is so...lonely. I want to know more, dammit.

I think the universe you constructed is fascinating, especially with the lore concerning Marchen and Ven. The mention of airports threw me off, but I consider that a good thing--something that makes your universe distinct from most fantasy universes!

As for my closing comments, your art is beautiful. I love the soft coloring. I'm not an artist so I can't give any detailed analyses on that, but I do really like your style.

I definitely can't wait to see more games from you (especially if Ven and Marchen get an appearance! If they get a route, even if was like a mini one, I'd be ecstatic)!
Last edited by neuropsy on Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Everyone was jumping a giant jump rope, but I was too scared to join. I was hesitant, like a child, always waiting for you."
Current Project: Emissary of Starlight

Batensan
Regular

#8 Post by Batensan »

cookie wrote:downloading now! the art looks so cute <3 <3

update: I'M CRYING!! okay, that was dramatic, but oh man, I really fell in love with this game <3 <3 your art is beautiful! I was laughing, then I was crying, then I was... eating (ok, forget that) yeah, good job!! and good luck with your future projects!

Have a nice day!
Thank you!!! I hope you cried in real life <3
neuropsy wrote:I already sent you fan mail on Tumblr, but now that I'm on a medium more conducive for detailed commentary, I'll go ahead and elaborate my (overwhelmingly positive) thoughts here! I've only played Anton's route so far, for reference!
Thank you!! I'm so surprised but weirdly happy that someone compared Anton to Meta Knight! I'm really glad that you liked Ven and Marchen, too!!

Rahnos
Regular

#9 Post by Rahnos »

I just finished Anton's route and I must say I REALLY REALLY loved it!!! I'll for sure be playing Florien and Yvin's routes as well! (also what was that stuff about another route? I am very interested)

At first I thought I would start with Florien's route, but I knew I couldn't resist the stoic redhead as soon as he appeared.

The game was super funny and cheesy, but in a great way, and yet it also had some more serious parts. I also loved the
twist at the end in Anton's route, didn't see that one coming really. It's also one of the few routes I wasn't at all bummed at all about there not being a kiss scene.
I loved all of it, but then again I am a huge fan of fluff, so it's to be expected. Plus all the fantasy locations and creatures were great as well. My favourite bit was probably the
epic dungeon mirror scene and the jokey bit before that was hilarious as well

The writing was great, and so was the art (I love that soft painterly style, I use it as well), so nothing to complain there. Also there were two music tracks I really liked, but I don't really know the names of them and there's no music gallery to check.

I BEG OF YOU, please make more games, because it was awesome. Can't wait for that special episode you mentioned at the end~

[edit]
I also really liked Marchen (so mysterious) and Ven looking like a little kid was rather funny. (they both look awesome, though) I hope we'll see more of them, they seem like characters who can appear in multiple games. (kind of like the wizard from Dandelion and Nameless, if you know those games? He appears in both.)

I just remembered something as well, I really like being able to just pick the route instead of being all finicky with choices and such. I like figuring out what to choose as well, but this was a nice change for once.

Thanks for making this! I really enjoyed it. <3 (and yes, I did cry too. Mostly tears of joy though)

(also, for some reason Windows Smart Screen triggered for me? I was able to force start it, but it seemed to dislike the "no publisher part". I did redownload, if that was the error you wrote about)

Batensan
Regular

#10 Post by Batensan »

Rahnos wrote:I just finished Anton's route and I must say I REALLY REALLY loved it!!! I'll for sure be playing Florien and Yvin's routes as well! (also what was that stuff about another route? I am very interested)
Thank you!
I elaborate on the other route a little more in the Author's Note!
I mention all the names of the music in the Credits tab of the Author's Note! If you don't feel like checking the piece one by one, tell me when they played and I'll find them!
My friend also had the Windows Smart Screen trigger, but that wasn't the error. I accidentally declared a picture wrong and it made this huge error message appear, but that's gone now...!

Did you... cry real, real tears? I need to know! I'm so happy that you did!

Rahnos
Regular

#11 Post by Rahnos »

Batensan wrote:
Rahnos wrote:I just finished Anton's route and I must say I REALLY REALLY loved it!!! I'll for sure be playing Florien and Yvin's routes as well! (also what was that stuff about another route? I am very interested)
Thank you!
I elaborate on the other route a little more in the Author's Note!
I mention all the names of the music in the Credits tab of the Author's Note! If you don't feel like checking the piece one by one, tell me when they played and I'll find them!
My friend also had the Windows Smart Screen trigger, but that wasn't the error. I accidentally declared a picture wrong and it made this huge error message appear, but that's gone now...!

Did you... cry real, real tears? I need to know! I'm so happy that you did!
Yes, real, wet tears, I had to remove them with my hands and stuff. *sniff*
I haven't read all of the Author's Notes yet, want to leave it for last! ^___^ I've started Florien's route now. His awkward crush is cute. Ciel, y u no notice.

I think the track I really like is played when Anton appears in Oronber and also when they leave Oronber, but since a lot of tracks play around then I'll try to find it myself.

I'm glad that wasn't the error, cause that would mean it wasn't fixed yet.

Batensan
Regular

#12 Post by Batensan »

Rahnos wrote: I think the track I really like is played when Anton appears in Oronber and also when they leave Oronber, but since a lot of tracks play around then I'll try to find it myself.

I'm glad that wasn't the error, cause that would mean it wasn't fixed yet.
The first one is "A Day's Rest" from http://rpgmaker.net/musicpack/
The second one is "Mountain Air" from http://freesfx.com/soundeffects/sincere/

Yes, the Windows Smart Screen was out of my power, maybe... Just like how Google Chrome thinks that the file is malicious and might not let you download it.

nipaa_kazuma
Regular

#13 Post by nipaa_kazuma »

Hello =).

I Just finished the whole game and it was very enjoyable.
The art is beautiful and I came to like all the characters quite fastly.
The ghosts and the announcers made my day.
I played Florien, Anton and then Yvin and I think it was appropriate since I learned new things each time.
I may say that I really liked the "Author's Note" : I'm glad when I get to know how the story and the characters came to life.
I'm happy that you plan to do other games, it'll be my pleasure to play and comment again.

Thanks again and congratulations.

Batensan
Regular

#14 Post by Batensan »

nipaa_kazuma wrote:Hello =).

I Just finished the whole game and it was very enjoyable.
Thanks again and congratulations.
Thank you! I hope I can make another game that's just as good as this one some day!

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#15 Post by philip »

@Batensan-

Just played this; thought it was MUCH better than the demo!!! Only problem is that I didn't play through the Yvin route when I came upon it, and now have been unable to find it. Wah!

The story was excellent, and the characters interesting; your notes at the end were also very interesting to read - I hope that you do another story soon, or even expand on this one if you are so inclined. A very well done story!

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"