Forget Me Not

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

Forget Me Not

#1 Post by sake-bento »

fmn_preview.jpg
...this technically is a complete game; we wanted to release this for NaNoRenO, so there's some stuff that's still missing. I'll probably make a little more music, update some of the lines, and there will be event CGs. But hopefully it's still an enjoyable ride. ^-^

This little piece is a short kinetic novel called Forget Me Not, inspired by a piece done by my brother and myself. My sister came up with the concept for the story. It's a short slice of life (sorta?) with a hint of romance.

Credits:
Original Concept: Tsayan
Written and Coded by: sake-bento
Art: strawberrybocky
Vocals: strawberrybocky, sake-bento
Music, SFX: sake-bento
Attachments
Forget Me Not 0.9-linux-x86.tar.bz2
Linux
(15.93 MiB) Downloaded 374 times
Forget Me Not 0.9-mac.zip
Mac
(16.34 MiB) Downloaded 310 times
Forget Me Not 0.9.zip
Windows
(15.59 MiB) Downloaded 1715 times
Last edited by sake-bento on Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

ficedula
Regular

Re: Forget Me Not (pre-release)

#2 Post by ficedula »

Cool. We played this game too, again because it's less than a day to go until NaNo runs out and we're getting tired of coding ;)

Statistics for this game:

-6 drinking moments
-Approx 0.5 cans of beer consumed per person viewing
-The text was perfectly legible on Jake's TV
-We liked the voice acting

Unfortunately we got the bad ending.

We all liked it though! (Despite the lack of robot maids)

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran

#3 Post by sake-bento »

ficedula wrote:Unfortunately we got the bad ending.
If you drink more, it becomes a good end. owo

chunderbunny
Regular
Projects: SSS:Renaissance, Canadense (WIP)

#4 Post by chunderbunny »

I have to concur with fice here, I really liked the premise and the writing. And the voice acting was actually good! My only real complaint is that I wish it was longer!

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#5 Post by Samu-kun »

I thought it was pretty cute. ^_^ The voice acting for the girl was excellent, but maybe the boy was a little bit too aggresive for no reason, especially since it contrasts so sharply with his other lines. I think most nerds would have been just really surprised instead of furious if somebody stole their smoothie. XD Nice choice of music too. Did you take the background photographs yourself? Congratulations on another job well done. ^_^

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

Re: Forget Me Not

#6 Post by chronoluminaire »

Nice! Like your earlier KN Ripples, I like this. It's cute, optimistic, and light. The photos don't clash with the character art as much as I thought they might. The story was cute and engaging - just as you said, a slice of life, albeit a somewhat unusual life ^^

I think the voice acting was a little too far the other way compared to Ripples: while Kuu in Ripples spoke very fast, in Forget-Me-Not the lines are spoken a bit too slow and precisely. It's really tricky to speak lines clearly but also naturally, and I think you fell a bit too far on the "clear at the expense of natural" side for this game. (I also agree with Samu-kun that the guy's voice sounded rather more "angry" rather than the "surprised" or "startled" I'd expect.)

There was just one piece of pronunciation that seemed off: the time he mentions "forget-me-not", he stresses the last syllable, "forget-me-NOT", whereas I'd expect it to be "forGET-me-not". Or was that deliberate?

But enough little niggles about the VA. Most games don't even have VA! Congratulations on a second cute and pleasing release, and on meeting the challenge of NaNoRenO! ^.^
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran

#7 Post by sake-bento »

Samu-kun wrote:I thought it was pretty cute. ^_^ The voice acting for the girl was excellent, but maybe the boy was a little bit too aggresive for no reason, especially since it contrasts so sharply with his other lines. I think most nerds would have been just really surprised instead of furious if somebody stole their smoothie. XD Nice choice of music too. Did you take the background photographs yourself? Congratulations on another job well done. ^_^
Glad you liked the music. That's the first time I've composed something for the piano ^_^;; so I was hoping it would turn out well. I took all the photos near my apartment. The setting for this story is based pretty heavily on my apartment and university.
chronoluminaire wrote:I think the voice acting was a little too far the other way compared to Ripples: while Kuu in Ripples spoke very fast, in Forget-Me-Not the lines are spoken a bit too slow and precisely. It's really tricky to speak lines clearly but also naturally, and I think you fell a bit too far on the "clear at the expense of natural" side for this game. (I also agree with Samu-kun that the guy's voice sounded rather more "angry" rather than the "surprised" or "startled" I'd expect.)

There was just one piece of pronunciation that seemed off: the time he mentions "forget-me-not", he stresses the last syllable, "forget-me-NOT", whereas I'd expect it to be "forGET-me-not". Or was that deliberate?
Mn, I don't think that the pronunciation was for any specific reason.

Thanks for the comments on the voices to both of you. Kiyo and I both really want to update our lines for the final version, so these critiques are very useful to us.

Deji
Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
Tumblr: DejiNyucu
Deviantart: DejiNyucu

#8 Post by Deji »

that was lovely ^__^
I really liked the voices =D!!!
Thou I agree on the guy's voice being a bit too angry/violent ^^; he scared me screming like that xD;
Tumblr | Twitter
Forever busy :')
When drawing something, anything, USE REFERENCES!! Use your Google-fu!
Don't trust your memory, and don't blindly trust what others teach you either.
Research, observation, analysis, experimentation and practice are the key! (:

vlint
Regular

#9 Post by vlint »

This is cool. I like the idea. The voice acting is good, but the guy does sound too loud and angry, again, when he is angry anyway (I think he can still safely sound angry - just not as much, though it could work without much at all, too, I suppose).

The music is cool. The sound effects are great. If there were a higher fantasy base (as opposed to romance), I would recommend starting several adventures based off of this (it could easy be the theme of a TV show anime or something, the idea).

Anyway, I found a typo:
"I once counted the the* number of steps on the staircase that lead** up to the entryway."
*double the
**might consider led instead

Ren

#10 Post by Ren »

I loved it!You both do a great job acting;although I agree the guy should be toned down a bit in the full release.He sounds so great when he's normal or sweet, it's a shame to ruin his interpretation with the part where he's angry.I loved SakeBento's interpretation and voice(and boy do I love your voice tone colour!), it looks like you both have the talent to sound really natural and casual, which is really important to make lines believable.

Even though there's only a sprite for now I really liked the character design, it's easy to remember and particular.The thing about the girl's hair colour is a very nice touch.I'm eagerly waiting for a full version of this game,, I truly mean it!

★★★★★ Ren gives you 5 stars out of 5

renkenjutsu
Regular

#11 Post by renkenjutsu »

I really like this. It's all very well thought of and executed. Though the small text makes the text overall look kinda bare in the text box. Nothing I can comment about the voice that hasn't been said before. Big thumbs up and waiting for the full release :3

p.s: Neverwhere deja vu there.
Currently working on:
Kensai : On hold till Masters is done. Grrrrr...

Ignosco
Veteran

#12 Post by Ignosco »

Very nice job :) - I just wish it was a bit longer (particularly the final conversation). I concur with what everyone else has said about the voice acting - certain lines are too loud and angry in tone, but most of it fits very well.

azaroth

#13 Post by azaroth »

That was a bit of fun to play.

No choices and you only really get to see the one character.

Still worth playing, but a bit empty.

Without my headphones on I couldn't hear the voices and there was no picture for the old man who talks too you so the street is a bit empty there, you really need the sound for this one.

Had a good feel to it tho, with the voice acting.

Edit: yah also this is my first post here even tho it says I joined a year ago, I signed up and lost my activation email tried to fix it a few times and gave up for a year. Fixed it today tho, face palms himself for stupidity.
From Jarrod

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#14 Post by Samu-kun »

Can we mirror this on the Ren'ai archives?

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran

#15 Post by sake-bento »

Samu-kun wrote:Can we mirror this on the Ren'ai archives?
Well...::ponders:: Truthfully, the lead artist is terribly swamped right now, so I don't think a "full" version will be released soon. So yeah, I think it'll be fine. We can release the full version later and just call it an upgrade. XD