MEAT (A short, surreal game)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
butler-pate
Tumblr: butler-pate

MEAT (A short, surreal game)

#1 Post by butler-pate »

MEAT is a short, surreal game with three original endings, with two of those endings having small additions. This makes for a total of five endings.

It's my first game, so comments on what I could do better would be terrific! There is a gore warning for one unavoidable picture of intestines, pictures of raw meat, and for the whole theme of the game being a bit gruesome.

Screencaps

Attachments
Meat-1.0-all.zip
(33.23 MiB) Downloaded 205 times

Elsa Kisiel
Regular
Completed: Shieldlock Holmes
Projects: Home Spatial Home

Re: MEAT (A short, surreal game)

#2 Post by Elsa Kisiel »

I've played to your game and it's was really cool! Very short and very strange! ♫

The story is logic when you think about a little, and the character's design are nice and good drawned. However, I'm not convinced by the background.

I like this kind of game and it was really great, so, I hope that you will continue to do some!

YossarianIII
Veteran
Completed: Guns & Lovers; SRRT!; Kill Your Refrigerator; Banality Man; Beretta Mondatta
Projects: Solidarity Forever
Organization: KONOL Games

#3 Post by YossarianIII »

I enjoyed this VN. It did a good job of working within its limitations (short length, stock backgrounds, etc.) to still create a disturbing atmosphere. And I liked how the art had a hand drawn look -- IMO, the character designs were the strongest aspect of this VN. I'll definitely look forward to playing future projects!

Image Image

peety

#4 Post by peety »

I liked. Quick, and a bit surreal read. The sprites were matching to theme and were nicely drawn. The backgrounds were sufficient, but I didn't like them. Maybe a filtered photos? I dunno. The music was nice and set the right mood. Also, lack of dots disturbed me greatly. However, I will look forward to your next project!
P.S. I wonder why did you call sausages in the diner kielbasa. I'm Polish and I'm confused <.<

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

#5 Post by Coren »

After playing this game, my first reaction is just... what? It really is very surreal.

The atmosphere is awesome though. Really creepy, the music really helps.

An explanation will be much appreciated!! :)