Destiny Voyage [GxB] [Romance, Adventure]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
UsaBerryHime
Regular
Completed: Destiny Voyage
Projects: {Destiny Movie}, [Stolen Destiny
Tumblr: usaberryhime
Deviantart: UsaBerryHime
itch: usaberryhime

Destiny Voyage [GxB] [Romance, Adventure]

#1 Post by UsaBerryHime »

✿ = = = Download = = =✿
http://www.mediafire.com/download/mfhy0 ... .0-all.zip

= = = Walkthrough = = =

http://usaberryhime.deviantart.com/jour ... -561031948

= = = Story = = =

Eden ((renamable)) and her family are starting off Summer with a tropical cruise!
~ Seven magical days and nights spent resting and relaxing aboard the SS Tranquility ~
And what's better than tropical paradise? Handsome Guys that is!
She will encounter three eligible gentlemen on this journey, each with their unique twists and turns.
But there's trouble a brewing as the boat suddenly passes into a deadly storm!
Eden, Eli, Leon, and Ryan get trapped in the elevator as the power goes out.
Together they have to escape and discover why they are the only ones left on this haunted cruise . . .

= = = Love Interests = = =

= Eli =
Another passenger on the cruise, the sweet and energetic type!
He'll try his best to keep everyone high spirited despite the gloomy situation.

= Leon =
As a lifeguard for the top deck pool, he has extensive knowledge about the ship.
His strong attitude leads the group with a confident aura.

= Ryan =
The hired entertainer for the cruise ship, Ryan knows his way around pretty well.
He doesn't talk unless he wants to, so be prepared for awkward silences.

= Hidden Character =
Play your cards right and you might be able to unlock this mysterious guy!
How does he contribute to the story? Friend or Foe?

= = = Screenshots = = =

Image Image Image

= = = Features = = =

✿ 18,000 Words ✿
✿ 9 Endings ✿
✿ 12 CGs ✿
✿ Personality Quiz ✿
✿ Mini Maze ✿

= = = Credit = = =

Story & Art UsaBerryHime http://usaberryhime.deviantart
Editors http://baku4rent.deviantart.com/ & http://asymptote-of-life.deviantart.com/
Font http://www.dafont.com/quixotic2.font
Music & Sounds http://www.freesfx.co.
Engine Ren'py

= = = = = = = = =

Hey there people!
So I spent too long and this project and I go to college *literally* tomorrow so I worked overtime to finish this game!
I'm incredibly happy with how this solo project went - and did I mention I was a complete noob?
Special thanks to https://twitter.com/petitscygnes for helping me out to release the game!
I wrote this as semi-serious and semi-chill so please take the project pretty lightly!
Advice/Criticism is always welcomed and appreciated !
Thank you so much for reading!

I'm also curious if anyone can unlock all 9 endings? Good luck!
Last edited by UsaBerryHime on Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image Image

- Eris
Regular

Re: Destiny Voyage [GxB] [Romance, Adventure]

#2 Post by - Eris »

Looks interesting, I'm saving it for the weekend, hope I can unlock the hidden character >< and of course, all the endings +_+

UsaBerryHime
Regular

#3 Post by UsaBerryHime »

- Eris wrote:Looks interesting, I'm saving it for the weekend, hope I can unlock the hidden character >< and of course, all the endings +_+
Wahh~ thank you! I really do hope you enjoy it! Perhaps if you (or anyone else) can't get all the endings I'll come out with a walkthrough or something haha! thanks again for your comment<3
Image Image Image

JBY

#4 Post by JBY »

Hi, congratulation on completing this project :D
Thank you for making such a beautiful game and sharing it with us
Although short, definitely fell in love with the art and the plot
Keep up the good work :D

P.S. I only got 7 out of 9 endings though (Can't get ending 7 and 9 :mrgreen: )

Harliqueen
Veteran
Completed: Diving in Deep (NaNo15) The Lady's Choice(NaNo16) The Crossroads(NaNo17)
Projects: The Curse of Creek Edge
Organization: Seraphinite
Tumblr: seraphinitegames
Deviantart: SeraphiniteGames
itch: seraphinite

#5 Post by Harliqueen »

This was seriously awesome :D I loved the sound of the plot when you started the WIP thread, but it really came together well!

I liked the fact that it was quite quick into the story, and the personality quiz was a really cool idea!

I loved your styled backgrounds, and the details in them like-
when the lights changed from emergency to normal after Ryan turned the power back on was such a nice touch.
Haven't got all of the endings yet
(I died on my first go, chose to hide in the cave!)
, but am determined to get them all after having played it through a couple of times already. I have to say Leon is my favourite so far :D

There were a couple of spelling mistakes I noted, which I'll put in spoilers (the spellings didn't detract from the story or writing, I just thought you'd want to know)-
'The only like visible'- I'm guessing you meant 'light visible'?

and when Rayma is chasing you through the woods it says 'We can find a hidhing spot', which was supposed to be 'hiding spot'?
A really great VN overall, and I'm excited to get the other routes. Congrats on finishing it, can't wait to see what you come up with in the future! :)
Completed: Diving in Deep/The Lady's Choice/The Crossroads
Current WIP: The Curse of Creek Edge (NaNo2020)

timestoodstillxx
Tumblr: truth-in-cliches

#6 Post by timestoodstillxx »

Sooo I just played it and unlocked the secret ending and it's just so cute like I really hoped for that :D
And if the mysteriuous character has white hair, then I unlocked him as well.

I really liked it. It was cute and the backgrounds are nice.
Sometimes the plot was pretty confusing and as far as I understood it, they opened the doors of the elevator on their own. You can't just open the doors when the elevator stopped. That's not possible, but maybe it was a special elevator? ;)

And again, I really liked it. Nice backgrounds and funny jokes.
I enjoyed playing it. :)

Heiden
Regular
Completed: Elvine, The Life Threads, Helena's Flowers, Dr. Frank's Build-A-Boyfriend, Beyond the Deep, The Bog's Heart, The Girl With the Gray Hair Awakens, The Far Rings, NB107A
Projects: The Town Pages, Kill the Prince?! [Nano 2020]
Tumblr: heidengames
itch: Heiden

#7 Post by Heiden »

Aaahh what a cute and fun VN! I love how there is a lot of humor interspersed with the more serious scenes. :)

I don't know who my favorite boy is, they all are so charming~ <33 I loved seeing all the CGs you drew for them.

I'm having some troubles getting endings 7, 8 or 9. I've tried answering the questions differently but still can't seem to get that secret chara's route (HE LOOKS SO CUTE). Any help? O:
Completed: Elvine (GxB), The Life Threads, Helena's Flowers (GxG)(As Writer, Coder), Dr. Frank's Build-A-Boyfriend (BxB), Beyond the Deep (GxB)(As Artist), The Bog's Heart, The Girl with the Gray Hair Awakens, The Far Rings, NB107A.

All available to play on my itch.io page!

Shiny
Tumblr: shingshingshiny
Deviantart: AllNamesAreClaimed12

#8 Post by Shiny »

This is a really nice visual novel, great job ^^! It's short but sweet! So far, I only got one ending (apart from a bad ending I got): ending 9.
I was trying to get with Ryan, but accidentally dumped him for the cute silver-haired guy...oops huehuehue. On another note, I probably found this game more amusing than I should have due to my incredibly immature taste in naming. It's quite funny when the characters keep randomly saying 'I farted...I'm terribly sorry for my outrageous flatulence.' in all the intense moments... I'm hopeless.
Anyway, I look forward to seeing the other endings! The characters are really cute, and I love the background art especially.

Rem-chan
Regular

#9 Post by Rem-chan »

The game looks really interesting *O* Downloading it <3 For some reason, your art reminds me of the artist that drew for Cafe Rouge (Deviant Art) ^^

Miss Nay
Deviantart: JaiselArcher

#10 Post by Miss Nay »

Hi, so when I was trying to do Eli's route, I got this traceback:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 4463, in <module>
if final == "guys_final":
NameError: name 'final' is not defined

Sora-Kuroi
Regular

#11 Post by Sora-Kuroi »

You finished it!! I was following this game on DA!

I'm really glad you did! I'll download it and play it right now!!

Mizeria

#12 Post by Mizeria »

This game is really amazing!
The backgrounds, the guys and all of it. Thank you for making this game. :)

I've downloaded it, I only get the endings 1~5.
Ryan is my favorite.

However, can someone help me with the other four ending? I don't know what I am missing... :S

UsaBerryHime
Regular

#13 Post by UsaBerryHime »

I'm so sorry this is so late everyone! Thanks so much for playing Destiny Voyage!! I'm incredibly happy with the amount of people that played this so far<3
And I just started college three days ago so I'm trying to get the hang of that too haha

Also for the people that are having trouble I will release a walkthrough! Eventually! Sorry you have to wait a little bit longer, still getting the hang of everything my end!
JBY wrote:Hi, congratulation on completing this project :D
Thank you for making such a beautiful game and sharing it with us
Although short, definitely fell in love with the art and the plot
Keep up the good work :D

P.S. I only got 7 out of 9 endings though (Can't get ending 7 and 9 :mrgreen: )
Thank you! I really want to make loads more games! I fell in love with game dev<3 Yes I know it was short! ahah, when I first outlined the game I thought that "shorter was better" for some reason and I stuck with that mindset the whole dev. Thanks again!!
--
Harliqueen wrote:This was seriously awesome :D I loved the sound of the plot when you started the WIP thread, but it really came together well!

I liked the fact that it was quite quick into the story, and the personality quiz was a really cool idea!

Haven't got all of the endings yet ... but am determined to get them all after having played it through a couple of times already. I have to say Leon is my favourite so far :D

A really great VN overall, and I'm excited to get the other routes. Congrats on finishing it, can't wait to see what you come up with in the future! :)
Ah yeah, sorry about those mistakes! I can't see them with my own writing so I got two of my friends to read it through but I guess they missed it too, still my fault though! Thanks for pointing it out! Hehe yes for my first project I didn't mess around with the introductions too much haha it's like BAM stranded haha
I really appreciate you hiding some of the plot points, thank you for your consideration:) I know it can be a little frustrating because some of the choices are really not forgiving haha! Thank you so much for your support and great review<3
---
timestoodstillxx wrote: Sometimes the plot was pretty confusing and as far as I understood it, they opened the doors of the elevator on their own. You can't just open the doors when the elevator stopped. That's not possible, but maybe it was a special elevator? ;)
Thanks for your nice review! I didn't actually do research on elevators and those kinds of situations (but I researched other weird subjects though haha) so I was just going off of movies and stuff like that. Like I think they were able to do it Die Hard? Also I just found an eHow aricle on how to do it- so it's not impossible actually ( http://www.ehow.com/how_7428420_open-st ... nside.html ) ! I mean, c'mon it's not that much of a stretch compared to them going to another island dimension somehow, you know? thanks for thinking of it nonetheless and I'm sorry if any other parts were confusing too!
---
Heiden wrote:Aaahh what a cute and fun VN! I love how there is a lot of humor interspersed with the more serious scenes. :)

I don't know who my favorite boy is, they all are so charming~ <33 I loved seeing all the CGs you drew for them.

I'm having some troubles getting endings 7, 8 or 9. I've tried answering the questions differently but still can't seem to get that secret chara's route (HE LOOKS SO CUTE). Any help? O:
Thank you so so so much! Eiii! (◍•ᴗ•◍) I'm so happy to hear that! And haha, that's my writing style I suppose, I probably should take it more serious but I thought it fit for the story! All of it is kind of ridiculous isn't it? So I tried keeping it somewhat light hearted and I'm glad you enjoyed that aspect! Haha! Thanks again and I promise to get a walkthrough out as soon as I get this whole college thing adjusted!
---
Shiny wrote:This is a really nice visual novel, great job ^^! It's short but sweet! So far, I only got one ending (apart from a bad ending I got): ending 9.
I was trying to get with Ryan, but accidentally dumped him for the cute silver-haired guy...oops huehuehue. On another note, I probably found this game more amusing than I should have due to my incredibly immature taste in naming. It's quite funny when the characters keep randomly saying 'I farted...I'm terribly sorry for my outrageous flatulence.' in all the intense moments... I'm hopeless.
Anyway, I look forward to seeing the other endings! The characters are really cute, and I love the background art especially.
Yay! Thanks so much! I'm really surprised that you got ending 9 first! (And I'm sorry you had to get the bad ending first though haha!) Congrats on that, I made it a chance thing to unlock that, good job lucky butt! Hehe
And I'm really glad you like my sense of humor:) We have similar tastes I suppose!
---
Rem-chan wrote:The game looks really interesting *O* Downloading it <3 For some reason, your art reminds me of the artist that drew for Cafe Rouge (Deviant Art) ^^
I really hope that you've played ut by now and enjoyed it! ♪(๑ᴖ◡ᴖ๑)♪ hehe~ Oh yes! I'm familiar with cafe rogue as well! I didn't try to copy the background style but I'm horrible with backgrounds and found a simpler way to draw them with basic shapes, you know? I didn't mean to copy! It's just a very forgiving style! Haha!
---
Miss Nay wrote:Hi, so when I was trying to do Eli's route, I got this traceback:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 4463, in <module>
if final == "guys_final":
NameError: name 'final' is not defined
Hi there! I'm sorry you had to get that message but I did a quick run through Eli's routes and didn't find the same message? Could you tell me the choices that you took to get that message? It might be on my end BUT perhaps you saved a game midway in a route and picked up differently? I'm sorry that wasn't much help but I personally haven't found that problem and if you could help me fix it by telling me where exactly it was that'd be great! Thanks! And sorry again!
---
Sora-Kuroi wrote:You finished it!! I was following this game on DA!

I'm really glad you did! I'll download it and play it right now!!
Ah! Thank you so so much! I just realized I forgot to post that it was complete on DA too! Oh gosh I'm so scatterbrained haha! I'll try to make a journal or something soon thanks for reminding me! ahah, I'm so so gald you were following on DA, thanks again! Hope that you enjoyed it!<3
---
Mizeria wrote:This game is really amazing!
The backgrounds, the guys and all of it. Thank you for making this game. :)

I've downloaded it, I only get the endings 1~5.
Ryan is my favorite.

However, can someone help me with the other four ending? I don't know what I am missing... :S
Hehe thank you! Don't tell anyone but Ryan was my fav too (ᅌᴗᅌ* ) heewheeewwwe and I know I'm sorry the walkthrough I'm trying to get done as soon as possible! But college! Yeah! haha sorry!
---

EVERYONE! Thank you so so much for your lovely feedback I honestly so appreciate it! It was so calming to read some comments during my freshman orientation that made me so happy and got me through the stress! You guys are the best and I love you all<3
Again sorry for this huge comment and wait ily ~
Image Image Image

Miss Nay
Deviantart: JaiselArcher

#14 Post by Miss Nay »

UsaBerryHime wrote:Hi there! I'm sorry you had to get that message but I did a quick run through Eli's routes and didn't find the same message? Could you tell me the choices that you took to get that message? It might be on my end BUT perhaps you saved a game midway in a route and picked up differently? I'm sorry that wasn't much help but I personally haven't found that problem and if you could help me fix it by telling me where exactly it was that'd be great! Thanks! And sorry again!
Hi again! Heh, heh, so when I uploaded the game again, Eli's route magically worked again "^-^. Sorry for troubling you.

UsaBerryHime
Regular

#15 Post by UsaBerryHime »

Miss Nay wrote: Hi again! Heh, heh, so when I uploaded the game again, Eli's route magically worked again "^-^. Sorry for troubling you.
No problem! I'm just really glad that it wasn't an error on my end:) I always recommend just starting from scratch to do another character's route! Hope that you enjoyed playing it!
Image Image Image