Destiny Voyage [GxB] [Romance, Adventure]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
sonorousgem
Regular

Re: Destiny Voyage [GxB] [Romance, Adventure]

#16 Post by sonorousgem »

Yayayayy!! I really enjoyed this haha.
Characters were nice, the art was really well done, and I especially enjoyed the backgrounds, they were very impressive. Music was good too! It didn't take me especially long to finish, and I really liked the balance of serious and chill :)
I've only gotten 5 endings
the good ones for each guy and the dead one XD
... do the personality and maze things and random choices like
diamonds vs pearls? or pancakes vs waffles vs french toast?!?!
affect what ending you get...?
but anyways yeah hope you continue to make cool stuff! :)

UsaBerryHime
Regular
Completed: Destiny Voyage
Projects: {Destiny Movie}, [Stolen Destiny
Tumblr: usaberryhime
Deviantart: UsaBerryHime
itch: usaberryhime

#17 Post by UsaBerryHime »

sonorousgem wrote:Yayayayy!! I really enjoyed this haha.
Characters were nice, the art was really well done, and I especially enjoyed the backgrounds, they were very impressive. Music was good too! It didn't take me especially long to finish, and I really liked the balance of serious and chill :)
I've only gotten 5 endings
the good ones for each guy and the dead one XD
... do the personality and maze things and random choices like
diamonds vs pearls? or pancakes vs waffles vs french toast?!?!
affect what ending you get...?
but anyways yeah hope you continue to make cool stuff! :)
Thank you so much! I'm really glad that you enjoyed this! Thanks for your lovely compliments<3
As for the endings I'm really trying to write a walkthrough on how to get all of them! I just started college and i'm surprised at how little free time. I promise it will be soon though! So keep checking if I added it, and again, thank you! (/^▽^)/
Image Image Image

Laera-chan
Regular
Projects: HeART Thief; Beauty and the Brothers: The Beginning; For Better or Worse; An Otaku's Guide to Santa's Reindeer
Organization: Moonlight Avenue, Inc.; Anomalis

#18 Post by Laera-chan »

Hmm... Sounds interesting. I'll DL it and play it after I finish this other one. I'll get back to you about my thoughts, though!

Laera-chan
Regular
Projects: HeART Thief; Beauty and the Brothers: The Beginning; For Better or Worse; An Otaku's Guide to Santa's Reindeer

#19 Post by Laera-chan »

So... I've played it several times, and have only gotten the death, survivor, and Eli, Leon, and Ryan's endings. I can't seem to get on the route for the hidden character (if there is one). Any suggestions or hints, please? At this point, I'm just getting frustrated. :D

UsaBerryHime
Regular

#20 Post by UsaBerryHime »

Laera-chan wrote:So... I've played it several times, and have only gotten the death, survivor, and Eli, Leon, and Ryan's endings. I can't seem to get on the route for the hidden character (if there is one). Any suggestions or hints, please? At this point, I'm just getting frustrated. :D
I understand your frustrations haha! I just made a walkthrough for you! Hope it helps :)

http://usaberryhime.deviantart.com/jour ... -561031948
Image Image Image

Laera-chan
Regular

#21 Post by Laera-chan »

UsaBerryHime wrote:
Laera-chan wrote:So... I've played it several times, and have only gotten the death, survivor, and Eli, Leon, and Ryan's endings. I can't seem to get on the route for the hidden character (if there is one). Any suggestions or hints, please? At this point, I'm just getting frustrated. :D
I understand your frustrations haha! I just made a walkthrough for you! Hope it helps :)

http://usaberryhime.deviantart.com/jour ... -561031948
Ah, thanks for that. I'll admit, I was out of town/without net today, and managed to somehow fall onto the hidden character's route. Still not sure how I did it, so this will help me redo my little stroke of luck! :lol:

deathsmellz

#22 Post by deathsmellz »

FINALLY! I GOT ALL THE ENDINGS! OMG!
Well now, congratulations! I really liked the art and the story is so interesting and unexpected. The first time I played it I was so scared because I thought it was going to have zombies or ghost or something like that. But yeah, great game!
I don't know if this is a spoiler but anyway:
I read the walkthrough and it says in the ending 8, in the personality quiz you have to choose "Apples", but I chose "Apples" and in the next question says "Sun" or "Moon". So yeah, I have to choose "Oranges". So i guess that part in the walkthrough is wrong...
Thanks for the game! (It's hard to find a good VN free :c)

UsaBerryHime
Regular

#23 Post by UsaBerryHime »

deathsmellz wrote:FINALLY! I GOT ALL THE ENDINGS! OMG!
Well now, congratulations! I really liked the art and the story is so interesting and unexpected. The first time I played it I was so scared because I thought it was going to have zombies or ghost or something like that. But yeah, great game!
I don't know if this is a spoiler but anyway:
I read the walkthrough and it says in the ending 8, in the personality quiz you have to choose "Apples", but I chose "Apples" and in the next question says "Sun" or "Moon". So yeah, I have to choose "Oranges". So i guess that part in the walkthrough is wrong...
Thanks for the game! (It's hard to find a good VN free :c)
Thank you so much for catching that! It was my bad and I fixed it right away! Thanks so your feedback and I'm really glad you liked it! I know what you mean for the free stuff so I hope to continue that haha! Thanks again :)
Image Image Image

Lovebird

#24 Post by Lovebird »

I just finished Ryan's route! Ah ah I am so so in love it, really! The ending was very cute n.n
Great bg and cg art and interesting plot twists; I never expected that to happen. I enjoyed it alot, ty for making this.

UsaBerryHime
Regular

#25 Post by UsaBerryHime »

Lovebird wrote:I just finished Ryan's route! Ah ah I am so so in love it, really! The ending was very cute n.n
Great bg and cg art and interesting plot twists; I never expected that to happen. I enjoyed it alot, ty for making this.
Eeei thank you so much! I'm so happy that you enjoyed it! *whispers*
Ryan was my favorite route too haha
~ haha but yeah thanks so much for the lovely compliment too!
Image Image Image

ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

#26 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

Ahhhh okay I know I'm very late to the party dfjdfhaasf

But I'm still gonna pop in to say how cute this game was, it was fun and very light for the heart to play <3 I instantly went for Ryan (and loved him so much yesss), and will immediately replay for the other routes after I'm done typing this. I LOVE the MC's reactions and how she just basically keymashes her thoughts in her mind, finally a heroine I can relate to lol
Loyal to my record, I immediately died on my first playthrough (I DROWNED MYSELF IN THE PUMP ROOM BY MY OWN HANDS, THIS UPSETS ME) =w=;; The art is adorable, making me wish that they come in waist sprites instead of zoomed in versions only because I'd love to see their whole designs, and also the interactions would flow better with all the characters on screen instead of just focusing per person (but that's just me being very nitpicky lol). The music chosen is quite spot on, I especially love the ones playing during the suspense building up, it kind of frightened me at some points. The backgrounds are really nice too! I love the touch of details (like the emergency lights and the havoc in the elevator) adding up as the situations change ^^

Thank you so much for making this, it was a nice and happy fun game to play. I can't wait to see more works from you <3

UsaBerryHime
Regular

#27 Post by UsaBerryHime »

nero279 wrote:Ahhhh okay I know I'm very late to the party dfjdfhaasf

But I'm still gonna pop in to say how cute this game was, it was fun and very light for the heart to play <3 I instantly went for Ryan (and loved him so much yesss), and will immediately replay for the other routes after I'm done typing this. I LOVE the MC's reactions and how she just basically keymashes her thoughts in her mind, finally a heroine I can relate to lol
Loyal to my record, I immediately died on my first playthrough (I DROWNED MYSELF IN THE PUMP ROOM BY MY OWN HANDS, THIS UPSETS ME) =w=;; The art is adorable, making me wish that they come in waist sprites instead of zoomed in versions only because I'd love to see their whole designs, and also the interactions would flow better with all the characters on screen instead of just focusing per person (but that's just me being very nitpicky lol). The music chosen is quite spot on, I especially love the ones playing during the suspense building up, it kind of frightened me at some points. The backgrounds are really nice too! I love the touch of details (like the emergency lights and the havoc in the elevator) adding up as the situations change ^^

Thank you so much for making this, it was a nice and happy fun game to play. I can't wait to see more works from you <3
Wahhhh thank you so much<3 I really appreciate your feedback!

Since this was my first work I kinda wanted it to be a little different from the normal otome game play, I guess? Like Im really glad that it did come across as cute and light hearted:)

I will tell you a little about those darn sprites because I completely agree with you. I started this game around summer 2013 when I did characters and their sprites. Then I discovered that the game window was 800x600 and i didnt plan on like, actually sizing them to fit together on screen, like I was supposed to. (baby dev at the time haha) and then i actually coded the game and realized they werent sized right ughhhh. they were the right height, but too wide and would overlap each other lol. so i agree, i wish i would have had them together on screen as well.
also thanks for the input on zooming out a little. Truthfully it was because I didnt want to draw torsos/arms lol - but yeah I will consider that for my next project!

thanks so much it means a lot to me to hear feedback and such nice compliments<3
Image Image Image

Bianchii
Regular

#28 Post by Bianchii »

Wow, I think I was extremely lucky because I unlocked the secret character on my first try! And damn he's handsome!!!

But my bae is Ryan, ugh he's such a precious cinnamon bun and that ending CG UGHHH I LOVE HIM

Great job <3 I'm not sure if I'll go for the other endings because I always feel it's like cheating on the first guy I chose but it was a cool experience!

edit: I actually went for secret guy and... Ryan is still bae xDD

Edit 2: OMG THE SECRET ENDING FOR RYAN SGJKSD I'M SO IN LOVEEEE also there's a typo, not sure if anyone else commented about it
i think it says something like closed together, it should be close

UsaBerryHime
Regular

#29 Post by UsaBerryHime »

Bianchii wrote:Wow, I think I was extremely lucky because I unlocked the secret character on my first try! And damn he's handsome!!!

But my bae is Ryan, ugh he's such a precious cinnamon bun and that ending CG UGHHH I LOVE HIM

Great job <3 I'm not sure if I'll go for the other endings because I always feel it's like cheating on the first guy I chose but it was a cool experience!

edit: I actually went for secret guy and... Ryan is still bae xDD

Edit 2: OMG THE SECRET ENDING FOR RYAN SGJKSD I'M SO IN LOVEEEE also there's a typo, not sure if anyone else commented about it
i think it says something like closed together, it should be close

Haha thank you so much! my 2 favs were Kiess and Ryan too, that's so funny!

Congrats on unlocking the hidden route on the first try! my game is built around chance, so you were pretty lucky! haha good job! :)

and its so funny, i used to feel the same way about guy routes, like i didn't want to try another because it just felt like cheating in a way, haha i'm the same! i hope that sometime in the future you may change your mind and try the other little buggers, because they are all my children! haah if that sounded odd oops.

in any case, thank you for your kind comments! im aware that there are a lot of errors in it because I rushed to finish the game before i went off to school and i just had a friend sweep through to edit it. haha oops, im a terrible writer
Image Image Image

cryingotome

#30 Post by cryingotome »

bookmarking this and saving it for later :|
I guess I'll download it after I finish all the endings for Idol Crush.