Out of Sight [GxB][Supernatural]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
GlassHeart
Regular
Completed: Hand in hand with destiny, Out of Sight, Summer Found Me (Again), Signed X, Trapped
itch: https://selavi.itch.

Out of Sight [GxB][Supernatural]

#1 Post by GlassHeart »

Hello everyone! A long time ago I used to come to to this forum everyday and play all the new games. I was mostly a lurker, which I still am, but I have made a few games that I've shared with all of you.
As I've grown, time that I could dedicate to my hobbies has become shorter but I still wanted to continue to make VNs. So, without further ado, I present my newest game: Out of Sight.

If you've ever worn glasses I hope you'll be able to sympathise with Lina, the main character. The events in this story are loosely based on my childhood fantasies of my glasses being magical and giving me "special vision". It's not a long game and it's best to keep the description short and let you find out more for yourself.

If you decide to give Out of Sight a roll, please let me know your thoughts. :)

Plot summary
When Lina decided to go to the park to finish reading a book, she couldn’t have anticipated that misplacing her glasses could lead to paranormal encounters.

Genres
GxB, supernatural, romance

About
The game contains:
~ About 14,800 words
~ Two main paths
~ 7 total endings
~ Ending gallery with replay option

Click the link below to download the latest version from my blog. All platforms download link is now available.
DOWNLOAD HERE
Attachments
Capture.JPG
screenshot0038.png
screenshot0023.png
Last edited by GlassHeart on Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

Karl_C
Veteran

Re: Out of Sight [GxB][Supernatural]

#2 Post by Karl_C »

Looks interesting. But unfortunately no Linux build...

nancie
Regular

#3 Post by nancie »

Congratulations on your newest release, I always enjoy your work. This was just what I needed to make me smile today. I've finished all 7 endings (though I had a hard time figuring out how to make Caleb dislike Lina, so his bad end took a while.) Caleb's best ending was absolutely the sweetest thing I've read in a while. Kudos on the warm and fuzzies. Orion's 'Into the Light' made me chuckle I found the ending quite fitting for his character. I may have liked it better than his 'Second Chance' end but it was still cute and fun. That being said, the Divine intervention made me laugh at the end. Summer was great, I could imagine angels needing to break the monotony of policing souls with tricks and trials.
Anyway thanks for the fun title. I can't wait for your next one.

Kaylinh
Deviantart: aurea-sidera

#4 Post by Kaylinh »

Congrats on your release! Seeing without really seeing, that's a nice concept!
I just unlocked the 7 endings,
and since I played Orion's path first, I was expecting a "into the light" ending with Caleb xD But "a better place" was still sweet in its own way^^
Also, I really liked the "secret" ending, when you chose to go back to sleep, that made me laugh haha
I really like the art as well, the colors are nice and heartwarming :)
I wear glasses so I can relate hehe (and my eyesight is pretty bad, if I take them off, people are pretty blurry...)

Catlip Candy
Regular
Completed: Raven // Encanto
Projects: My Twisted Love Story (title susceptible to change)
Organization: Catlip Candy
Tumblr: catlipcandy
Deviantart: CatlipCandy
Soundcloud: Catlip Candy
itch: catlipcandy

#5 Post by Catlip Candy »

Story plot and the art is interesting... Downloading~
All I ask from the readers is to give feedback on what they think I should improve more.
Even the harshest comments are welcomed and greatly appreciated, as long as it is your truthful opinion!
Please help me become a better visual novel creator!

~~~~~~ Catlip Candy ~~~~~~~

GlassHeart
Regular
Completed: Hand in hand with destiny, Out of Sight, Summer Found Me (Again), Signed X, Trapped

#6 Post by GlassHeart »

@Karl_C
I just finished uploading a new version for all platforms (just follow the link to download)

@nancie and Kaylinh
You guys already found all the endings. <3 Thanks for giving it a try and being so dedicated. ^_^

@Fake Existence
Please let me know what you think! :D
Image Image

KittyKatStar
Veteran

#7 Post by KittyKatStar »

AAAAH another game by GlassHeart ;w;

DLing now and hope to play it soon <3 As someone who grew up with glasses for most of their life... I look forward to this.

tantivy
Regular

#8 Post by tantivy »

Hi! I played your game today and got endings 3, 5, 6, and 7, I believe. They were lovely! Orion was my fave of the two love interests; he and his route were really cute. I don't think I can bring myself to play the sad/bad endings, though. I'm too sensitive. ^^;; Sorry--I know you put lots of work into those as well.

Everything in your VN was impressive and enjoyable to me--story, pacing, GUI and programming, and your music choices. I hope you'll keep making games if it's still fun for you and you have the time. Thanks for sharing your game~

PS: I also just played Signed X today since I found it on your website when I downloaded Out of Sight. It was really nice too and I liked all four endings. You have some great ideas for stories/games! Even though lots of VNs are in school settings, I thought your idea was unique and fun.

Qeedy

#9 Post by Qeedy »

seems interesting :)
downlaoding

congrats on finishing this project ^^

Karl_C
Veteran

#10 Post by Karl_C »

GlassHeart wrote:@Karl_C
I just finished uploading a new version for all platforms (just follow the link to download)
Thank you! ;)

KrystalFlare

#11 Post by KrystalFlare »

Oh my God! You have done it... you've made me come out of lurking because I just HAVE to praise your game. It's SOOOO BEAUTIFUL! <3

I've been keeping an eye on you since I played Summer Found Me (which I thoroughly enjoyed), but I never got around to commenting on that one and letting you know just how much I loved it. And for that I apologize. But on to this game...

So far I have played through three times, and got Caleb's
A strange world ending
and Orion's
Second chances and Into the light endings.
But... I hope Caleb has a better ending than that! That was heart wrenching and beautiful and sweet and just... I have a huge grin plastered on my face and yet I feel like crying! :cry: And for that I applaud you, there aren't many stories that can give me this bouquet of contradicting emotions. I love you for that, darling! I'm usually incredibly picky about which stories are worth my time (probably because I'm an aspiring writer myself), but sometimes I manage to find rare gems like your game that simply blow my mind... and I love every second of it!

For Orion the story was short and sweet and beautifully delivered, but somehow I couldn't feel for him the way I felt for Caleb. Caleb had more of a mysterious aura around him and just generally seemed more mature, which is the type of guy I prefer; so maybe it's just me being biased, don't take my word as law :roll:

Anyway, I'll definitely replay this again right now, and try to find another ending for Caleb. I just had to take a break and let you know how much I simply adore this game. I am so grateful to you for making it. May your muse always grace you with inspiration <3

Best wishes,
KrystalFlare~

Ghost-Rain

#12 Post by Ghost-Rain »

Ahh, thank you for this game. This is lovely. Both boys are just so...*hugs them and refuses to let go*
and that actually gives me a nice ending for Orion! Wish Caleb had the same thing. ;_; It's okay though. It fits the character more.
I got all seven endings. :D I thought I was missing something for a little. I missed the first two endings? No...ending one was funny. :)

I do have to say that I love Caleb (which is also funny because I kept on getting Orion at first). I love Orion and his endings as well though. The 'best' good ones are very fitting.
Naughty boy. Breaking the rules like that.
Caleb's lack of...the same type of ending was sad. Really bittersweet. That was what made it hurt more. *goes to cry some more* Thank you. At least we get to see them like in your very first picture there. :D
I'm serious though. The "Are you curious?" in Caleb's ending got me. Right in the feels. I love these VNs. Making me cry like a ball of mush.
I do have to say that the artwork wasn't really my type at first. I didn't like how blurry it was, but that isn't to say that I can't relate. I have to wear glasses constantly so...you could say that I just don't like a lack of clarity. It's true that we do get used to not seeing clearly. I broke my only pair of glasses this year. The blurred world was unsettling. It's really crippling. To the point where I probably would go find someone to help me find my glasses. Thank you Caleb. :D I will be re-playing this some more for both boys. I love them both. This is a really sweet VN.
Last edited by Ghost-Rain on Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GlassHeart
Regular

#13 Post by GlassHeart »

Thanks guys for playing the game and for the kind words. *wipes tear* I missed this warm and fuzzy feeling I get when reading comments for my games. <3

I'm glad you don't hate me for
not having a "happily every after" end for Caleb
. It just didn't feel right. And to think that in the beginning I didn't want to show Caleb's face at all, but then I thought it would be too evil.

Note: At some point a bugged version of the game was up to download. It had Extras unlocked from the start (so you could see all endings) and End 0 so, if you had that, sorry if it ruined the experience. I changed it as soon as I realized.
Image Image

iusername

#14 Post by iusername »

i first got Orion's
Grateful
ending. and sorry to say, i didn't like Orion that much.
he was so annoying to me. the way he treated me at the bus scene just ruined it for me. the "I will prove that i am ghost" scene.
also the fact that
i kinda semi-died because of getting distracted by seeing his past
just was so turn off.
i was so bitter that
even though i survived, i wasn't that happy. and the fact that he mysteriously disappeared and never be seen again ruined it for me again. I was like what am i grateful for?!
after that ending, i tried to get other two endings for Orion, but i could only get
Forgotten
ending.
How do i get last ending for Orion? i must really don't like him. lol because i think this last ending is his best ending?

After that, I got Caleb's
A Strange World
ending. I really loved Caleb!
He was a character that i really like. his looks was more real. and his personality was entertaining.
i usually get annoyed if i don't get much choices at the beginning, but for Caleb's story, I was just happy to read Caleb's story.
and i did get more choices later anyway. =D
His story was quite romantic and funny. Even though it was short, i felt satisfied at the ending.
i really did feel happy and sad at the same time just like "I" felt in the story. It was such a beautiful bittersweet ending and i loved it!
then i got Caleb's
A better place
ending. I liked that ending too. i just love his character so much.
then i finally got the Caleb's last ending:
No such thing as ghosts

NanaNaninna

#15 Post by NanaNaninna »

Really beautiful! I loved the story and the art, it's really amazing! Thank you so much for sharing such a beautiful VN! ^^