SC2VN - The eSports Visual Novel [Non-Commercial]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Vogue
Regular
Completed: SC2VN
Projects: Don't Forget Our eSports Dream

SC2VN - The eSports Visual Novel [Non-Commercial]

#1 Post by Vogue »

SC2VN - The eSports Visual Novel was released 9/7/15 and is available for free to players on Windows, Mac, and Linux. You play as Mach, a foreign semi-pro trying to make it in eSports who soon learns that success in StarCraft takes more than in-game strategy. Meet fellow pros and build a team that can compete with the best.

This game is free. No previous knowledge of StarCraft and eSports required.

This project was made possible by the support of our backers on Kickstarter. Blizzard's assets are used with permission.

http://sc2vn.com
Last edited by Vogue on Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran
Projects: Ethereal Creatures

Re: SC2VN - The eSports Visual Novel [Non-Commercial]

#2 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

Downloading!
ImageImage

GreyWolfXx
Regular
IRC Nick: Grey

#3 Post by GreyWolfXx »

This looks awesome! Downloaded and am playing at my leisure.

"We have been to the moon, we have charted the depths of the ocean and the heart of the atom,
but we have a fear of looking inward to ourselves because we sense that is where
all the contradictions flow together." -- Terrence Mckenna

Kikaharu
Regular

#4 Post by Kikaharu »

Wooo!! cant wait to play this

Katta
Veteran
Tumblr: gamesbykatta
Deviantart: katjama

#5 Post by Katta »

It's really beautiful and the characters are all so good and different, Reva being my favourite) but everyone else is super cool too)
I also liked the sfx which is rare for me.

Got this bug when trying to look back.
Attachments
traceback.txt
(4.6 KiB) Downloaded 151 times

Vogue
Regular

#6 Post by Vogue »

Katta wrote:It's really beautiful and the characters are all so good and different, Reva being my favourite) but everyone else is super cool too)
I also liked the sfx which is rare for me.

Got this bug when trying to look back.
Thanks for the report. We're trying to recreate this already, I think we have the issue worked out. It's something with brackets I believe.

Kikaharu
Regular

#7 Post by Kikaharu »

Just finished playing it. And I was wondering if there is going to be a second game of this? If not that's okay but to me it like I want more. Like when it ended I was like nooo it was just getting really good. I need to go against Bolt more!!

Fox Lee
Veteran
Completed: Where Ages Go [NaNo2015]
Projects: Swan x Swan [YuriJam/NaNo16], ♥ON, Guilded Age
Organization: Invincible Ink
Deviantart: foxlee
itch: foxlee

#8 Post by Fox Lee »

I don't think I've ever seen a VN about e-sports! Very cool idea, and definitely one that was ready to be used. I'm glad to see there are some female characters around, and I love the excuse to use everybody's gamer handles. Hahah, awesome XD I'm super busy on YuriJam, but I'm definitely gonna play when I have free time again.
Fox Lee: The Girl Your Mother Warned You About
CleanDirtyFurryPro

Mark9870

#9 Post by Mark9870 »

Just finished this and i loved it :D Especially the soundtracks. Very amazing. Hoping for a part 2!

Hoosha
Regular

#10 Post by Hoosha »

that was refreshing and intriguing (and fun of course) c: I agree with what other people said about the soundtracks they're rlly ummm evocative! They remind me of the music from Steven Universe..

T.T The game made me wish I was in an e-sports team in Korea or something. It sounds like such a fun adventure but the main character's dysphoria about her life made me feel depressed..I'm scared about my future now..The game's realistic and pragmatic approach to real life :c makes me feel equal parts apprehensive equal parts excited..

I was a bit sad that we couldn't get a liiiittle bit more sugary sweet with some yum yum romance..I really wanted to flirt with Mr Sexy Acc T^T But it's ok the game was rlly good so I forgive you..

Vogue
Regular

#11 Post by Vogue »

We passed Greenlight. Thanks to everyone that voted for us! Expect to see SC2VN on Steam soon.

Hoosha
Regular

#12 Post by Hoosha »

I didn't vote... <3

paradigmshifty
Regular
Completed: New Pisces, For Ambergris, Void Id, Connection Pools, Apartment Complex, LIFEPLUS+ and more
Deviantart: paradigmshifty
Soundcloud: sleepyagents
itch: sleepyagents

#13 Post by paradigmshifty »

I really enjoyed playing this VN, it was a great experience. The character sprites were what grabbed me before downloading, especially Stunts hair! (I knew nothing about starcraft before playing)
During playing I found myself getting intrigued by esports and starcraft to the point I'm now watching matches on youtube and downloaded the game, what happened! :)
I think the length of the game was just right, enough time for me to get really invested in the story without it dragging on at all. I'd definitely play a sequel if there ever is one!
current project - Departure Lounge
past projects at sleepyagents.itch.io <3 website/blog at http://www.sleepyagents.co.uk <3 collabs etc. listed at projects.sleepyagents.co.uk/all/ <3
Honest Critique

Hako

#14 Post by Hako »

I downloaded this game yesterday and played it today, it was a pretty good game. The soundtrack was fitting and catchy, the characters were all likable and unique, the art was very good, and I feel like the story is accessible to people without much knowledge about starcraft. I had basic knowledge of the game, but the glossary definitely helped. I really enjoyed the protagonist's issues, and
when Mach was up against Bolt at the end, I couldn't stop smiling when everybody came into the booth one by one to encourage her. Watching everybody grow close together and become a true team/group of friends was really sweet. Also, was Bolt's theme deteriorating after he loses to show him kind of losing it? Or was it always like that and was I just imagining things?
Regardless, I would love to see a sequel. Great work on this vn.

Vogue
Regular

#15 Post by Vogue »

Hako wrote:I downloaded this game yesterday and played it today, it was a pretty good game. The soundtrack was fitting and catchy, the characters were all likable and unique, the art was very good, and I feel like the story is accessible to people without much knowledge about starcraft. I had basic knowledge of the game, but the glossary definitely helped. I really enjoyed the protagonist's issues, and
when Mach was up against Bolt at the end, I couldn't stop smiling when everybody came into the booth one by one to encourage her. Watching everybody grow close together and become a true team/group of friends was really sweet. Also, was Bolt's theme deteriorating after he loses to show him kind of losing it? Or was it always like that and was I just imagining things?
Regardless, I would love to see a sequel. Great work on this vn.

You weren't imagining what you posted in the spoiler, that was intended. Thanks for the kind words!