CUPID [Romance/Horror] [FREE] -Version 3.0 MAJOR UPDATE!!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
victorita9
Regular

Re: CUPID [Gothic/Romance] [Non-Commercial]

#16 Post by victorita9 »

I love this game. I love the creepiness, the friendship, and how sinister some people can be. I am a bit stuck though. I got endings 2-4, but can't find #1. Can anyone give me a hint or tell me how to get there. I really want to access the bonus material.

Erikka
Regular

#17 Post by Erikka »

Thank you for such a wonderful game with mature story! It's one of the best things I've ever played!
I can't express well enough how impressed I am with your work!
It's fantastic!

Erikka
Regular

#18 Post by Erikka »

victorita9 wrote:I love this game. I love the creepiness, the friendship, and how sinister some people can be. I am a bit stuck though. I got endings 2-4, but can't find #1. Can anyone give me a hint or tell me how to get there. I really want to access the bonus material.
I have the same problem... I can't get ending 1! :evil: :!:

Amiralo
Regular
Completed: What's your name? : 2017 nano reno, Saccharine: a misleading sim date. Reverie: an odd simdate. Where adabans grow: an asian simdate. Monochrome and colors.
Projects: Enwiss the Beloved
Organization: Amiralo
Deviantart: Amiralo

#19 Post by Amiralo »

Excellent Excellent game! I stayed up until 4 last night playing it haha. The writing was so professionally done that it brought tears to my eyes TvT
One little question though:
Was Rosa's mom a witch? Or non human? Also, during the bonus scenario, where Guillaume said that Rosa was with her mother, does he mean that Rosa died of old age, or something else?
My deviant art (where you can look at the embarrassing sim dates I have made). http://amiralo.deviantart.com/

My current project
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54150

minase
Tumblr: keiminase

#20 Post by minase »

Gosh, this game was A Ride. The art and the music and the atmosphere were really perfect for the game, even if I have to agree with an earlier poster than some CGs felt more polished and fitting than others. the entire game experience was so excellent, above and beyond most free VNs.
And, considering I'm such a sucker for scenes like the one with Catherine at the start of chapter 8, I'm surprised I didn't cry. It was still well played though.
It was simple to get endings 2-4, but ending 1 baffled me until 8 playthroughs later I finally checked the hints you have on your tumblr.

Also,
the scene in Guilleme's bedroom, if you take the dagger, legitimately frightened me, aha. I don't get scared easily despite seeking out what horror stories I can find. I was really apprehensive about what the "bad" endings might include after that, but I breathed a sigh of relief when that was the most terrifying bit of the game.
My concerns, though--I think the game experience would be much improved if you added a questionable content list somewhere (even if not in the game itself, and just listed on the places you can download it). I can handle just about anything in written form, but I found I listed 10 different things to a friend of mine to make sure she understood what she was getting into. If you're curious, this is what I listed:
- rape mentions
- on screen rape
- parental incest mentions (it seemed like it suggested Rosa's mom took advantage of her? I could have misunderstood)
- faux parental incest
- parental abuse
- needles
- finger gore
- suggested eye gore
- vomit
- intrusive thoughts
so it's not the sex or the gore that's concerning. The person on the itch.io page for the game has it down, that "so players who may have potentially been through certain things themselves don't have it dumped on their lap unexpectedly" warnings would be good so they can prepare themselves mentally. It's a big difference from "suddenly running into these things". (You don't have to take my warnings if you do add some! Just giving you a tiny idea.)

EDIT: I found a few answers on your tumblr so I removed those questions! It updated since the first time I looked.
Last edited by minase on Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

csky
Regular
Completed: Perceptions of the Dead, Embers of Magic
Projects: Various Commissioned Artwork

#21 Post by csky »

minase wrote: It was simple to get endings 2-4, but ending 1 baffled me until 8 playthroughs later I finally checked the hints you have on your tumblr.
Where do you find the hints? I looked at the tumblr page but I couldn't find it/figure out how the page worked.

minase
Tumblr: keiminase

#22 Post by minase »

csky wrote: Where do you find the hints? I looked at the tumblr page but I couldn't find it/figure out how the page worked.
I found it on http://cupidvn.tumblr.com/hints, which now apparently also has more in-depth guides. Guess it answers a couple of my questions already!

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

#23 Post by Coren »

This game really caught my eye! Downloading now.

iusername

#24 Post by iusername »

OMG, thank you for making this awesome VN!
i loved everything from CG to sound effect to storyline!
My favorite ending was of course secret ending <3
i first got the 2nd ending as daughter/father with mother still with Rosa which is my next favorite ending.
i liked twisted 3rd ending too.
I can't help myself but to love Guilleme type characters.
They are so intriguing.
god i really love the stealing journal scene especially when you take the dagger.
even though it's scary, it's scary in intriguing way, and not in a horror movie way. that's good because i can't watch horror movie.
but i was confused because the CG looked like and also text seemed like it was Guilleme, but when Guilleme woke up, he acted like he didn't know a thing.
i want to know more about Guilleme's bedroom and Guilleme figure that appears when you take the dagger.
to be honest, i felt eh toward 1st ending.
after seeing whole failed saving Guilleme endings, the 1st ending somehow felt unreal and too easily done. but i did like the epilogue! and strangely, after reading the epilogue, i felt like this whole VN's main character is Guilleme and not Rosa. I don't know why.
I love sexual scenes like wow. some scenes should be disturbing but i was like wow wow wow. i like the way sexual scenes are written and drawn. they are really great!

i was little bit disappointed with the number of choices though. but still i was happy enough to go along with the storyline.
i seriously want more! especially, i want more Guilleme!
i definitely want more Guilleme figure that appeared when you take dagger. God, i think his scene is my definite favorite to be honest. the text, sound effect, CG were all perfect. his quotes were the best. "I spy--With my little eye--Little thief" OMG I LOVED IT! and that "Little thief" moment made me feel like she's actually a little girl in her teens. like i wanted her to run away as fast as she can away from the room. How old is Rosa anyway? I don't think it was mentioned?
Thank you for making this wonderful VN! =D I enjoyed playing it

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#25 Post by try10 »

Finally I was able to finish the game and get all the endings. I still have a couple of CG's that are missing probably because I played with the mature content on. :)

I really, really LOVED Cupid. I expected it to be interesting, but I never expected to like it so much. Everything was done with so much care and dedication and I could see it through the art, music, CG's. The music and the atmosphere, God I can't even explain properly the feeling. One time I was sad, then happy, then angry, scarred, excited, horrified, it was amazing! There were times when felt pity for the characters and hated some of them for a few moments, but even if they had faults, they also possessed some redeeming qualities and it gave me a bittersweet feeling. One of the best games I played this year!
Thank you so much to everyone who worked on this game! I am looking forward to your future projects! :D

Bianchii
Regular

#26 Post by Bianchii »

Wow! Just wow!!!!! So many things to say about this game! What an original and amazing story! Awesome art! Fully fleshed and memorable characters! This one has everything! Completely recommend it to anyone, and the approach taken to decide the ending you get is clever and adds to the whole mystery of the story. I loved it! And you know what, it SHOULD have been commercial, I'm sure a lot of effort was put into this and it shows, many other games with less content are commercial and I feel this one deserves to be among them, to reward the creators for their time and effort that resulted in such a genius game, I would have totally bought it and will support you for future games. Thanks for the experience! Definitely one of the best VNs out there.

starryparade

#27 Post by starryparade »

I made an account just so I could say something about this game.

When I stumbled upon this game, I definitely wanted to play it. The aesthetic and the art, the concept -- it appealed to me. I'm surprised it is a free game because I probably wouldn't hesitate if it were $5 on Steam. I guess you could say I had a gut feeling I'd enjoy it and not be disappointed.

As far as gameplay goes, I wished the little menu on the game had a larger font. Hopefully I'm not the only one who found it difficult to see what I was clicking on. Especially when it came to some of the backgrounds -- the grey would just sink in and I would have to hover my cursor over it but the text's too small and it's hard to distinguish. Maybe it's something I could've change myself but... eh, I don't really know how to. As for wishful thinking, voices would have been great -- just something I thought about as I was playing the game.

It was a complex story and you've managed to weave a clever story from a simple idea -- evil cupid *chuckles*.

In regards to the bonus material, those diary entries were hilarious to read but also a bit of a cringefest. If you were ever a 12-year-old girl who kept a journal, you'd know. That's what my diary looked like, except AOL and MSN was what most people used at the time and Myspace was popular, and Taylor Swift was still country. :lol:

Reiyane

#28 Post by Reiyane »

I am in love with this game! The story, the characters, that evil, cruel mother - everything felt so real. It was amazing how you captured relationships, how they change and grow, how they get destroyed, how people put up pretenses and have skeletons in their closets, how everything is not always as it seems! Is getting to know someone really a good idea?

starryparade wrote:As far as gameplay goes, I wished the little menu on the game had a larger font.
I agree, it was a bit too small.

starryparade wrote:As for wishful thinking, voices would have been great -- just something I thought about as I was playing the game.
I don't agree with that. I think voices would destroy this special atmosphere in the game. The game was quiet so every whisper, every scream, every noise was much more powerful and it made the game scarier, which I loved.

Thank you for making this awesome mature VN. You have a real talent in telling stories. You know how to capture and hold the attention of a person and leave them wanting more :) And yes, it should be commercial. Please don't stop making VN's, it would be a darn shame.

Akitsuki
Veteran
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Discord: fsalmon#5522

#29 Post by Akitsuki »

Got ending 2 by making choices cluelessly. A word for this? PERFECT. It started with something hazy--unrelated, even--but it slowly made sense. Just like that feeling when you've been telling the main clue for a puzzle but you're just to oblivious to realize it. It's just, WOW. Can't wait to get more endings. And totally, looking forward your next game if you have one in mind! Thank you for making it and great job!

Sensaiii
Tumblr: polite-void
Deviantart: Sensaligas

#30 Post by Sensaiii »

I gotta say, this is the best visual novel I ever played, seriously, the art is wonderful, the music is beautiful, the story is fantastic... I got all the endings now and I still want to replay it, I'm in love with all the characters. I am definitely looking forward to seeing what other wonderful things you'll come up with!