Idolcraft (RPG Maker XP)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
flowerthief
Regular

Re: Idolcraft (RPG Maker XP)

#16 Post by flowerthief »

Mei spoilers:
She lives with her grandma who gives the Sunday lessons in the east part of the city. To meet her you must already have an idol in training so that you can buy a lesson from grandma. Leave the house and go back in. There's Mei.
Customizable datesim in beta! Need testers!
Idolcraft - RPG-style bishoujo simulation

North Hawk

#17 Post by North Hawk »

Many thanks. I guess this means it's time for another playthrough! :D

honoreixix
Regular

#18 Post by honoreixix »

love the game... got an A on the first try...

and I did want to go out with the girls, especially Sachie and Nanako
I'm hidden and no one expects much of me... I just hope I don't disappoint anyone...
I'd rather fail doing something I love than succeed doing something I hate...

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

#19 Post by Vatina »

A+ on my second try! Wooo :D
Now to try out the endless calender mode.

About bugs: when Fumika sat at the desk in the studio, and the usual girl (forgot her name - the one that tells you the schedule and such) returns, Fumika leaves the desk. But then there is a copy of the first girl there in her place, which gives a fun result with two copies of the girl standing next to eachother (they say different things too).
I hope that made sense....

North Hawk

#20 Post by North Hawk »

All right, now that I feel I've gotten just about as much out of the game as possible, I've got some other things to say. Didn't want to mention this kind of stuff until I had a good scope of what I should say overall, yeah?

First off, Data Entry promises me $70 for three hours of work and then pays $60. I'm not sure which of these is off, but they should probably match. Not exactly a big problem, but it kind of annoys me.

Secondly, Nanako keeps trying to show Masayo a cake. That's great and all, -but-... she always decides to show up when another idol is finishing her lesson. They collide, get stuck, and Nanako never gets to show Masayo her cake. I am honestly very curious as to what this little cake bit is all about, but I never get to see it. I'd call it a larger problem, though not game-crippling.

Thirdly, when you're solving the mystery of the studio and all, the girls keep appearing down in the cellar for their cellar-scenes. Given everything about that point in the game, that just seems incredibly off.

Oh, I also got that Fumika/Masayo glitch mentioned above, but I've also had that bit run perfectly. The time it happened like that, I had received a letter from my uncle, and thus I find it extremely likely that that's what caused the dual-Masayo.

I... had one or two other comments of this sort I was going to make, but I seem to have forgotten them. I'll bring them up if and when I remember them. Still, nothing absolutely critical that I stumbled upon, just a couple things ranging from minimally annoying to oh-so-slightly frustrating (I want that cake scene, darn it!).

I'd just like to close this off by saying you're a terrible person for the whole Mei recruitment trial and really know how to make a guy feel silly when he randomly stumbles upon the proper way to go about that. :|

flowerthief
Regular

#21 Post by flowerthief »

Wow, some high grades coming in. Nice work!
Btw, I hope those who may be getting 'C's or 'D's aren't bummed; those are normal grades for a first time through.

Thanks a bundle for those bug reports. I'll do my best to sort them. If you remember any more, please tell me.

Haha, sorry about the Mei puzzle. I'm gonna add another hint or something for that.

honoreixix
Regular

#22 Post by honoreixix »

i accidentally stumbled upon that when i... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I'm hidden and no one expects much of me... I just hope I don't disappoint anyone...

flowerthief
Regular

#23 Post by flowerthief »

New version up with bug fixes and minor changes.

North Hawk

#24 Post by North Hawk »

Okay, got another one. In the supermarket's map, the house with the fenced-off section next to it? Upper left hand corner? If I happen to go behind that from the right, I end up not being able to do anything else for the rest of the day. Quite seriously -anything-, can't move can't pause can't do anything until it has been a long day. I've tested it for a one-time fluke, but it happens every time. Now that one's a bigger problem. (Just so you know, everything works fine if you go behind it from the left side.)

You know, people make careers out of doing this sort of thing. You should start paying me for bringing you these.

flowerthief
Regular

#25 Post by flowerthief »

North Hawk: I can't duplicate that one. Whether I approach from the left or the right I always come out inside the fence next to the garbage cans. Where is your character when it gets stuck? Is it visible, or still behind the building? Does anyone else have this problem?

Well, I can put you on the credits as a tester next time I update. Other than that, I'll be glad to share with you a % of all the money I'm making from this :P

North Hawk

#26 Post by North Hawk »

You can't see the character at all, still behind the building. However, I have now been able to walk through without fail, and have also pinpointed the exact factor that's been getting me stuck. I always hold down at that part, despite it being unnecessary, but it's just more comfortable for me. Walking through without doing that, everything comes out fine, but holding down at that point, one hundred percent of the time, gets me stuck when I head in through the right. Still no problem from the left.

As to the money issue, since I'm really only playing the game, five percent sounds fair.

flowerthief
Regular

#27 Post by flowerthief »

Ah, I can duplicate it now. Thanks for that.

You can have 90% for all I care =P

North Hawk

#28 Post by North Hawk »

Just when you thought there were no more, guess what, there's more!

Right, Monique's first appearance? Construction site, surrounded by fans? I went through that one secret passage, which leads me to changing the map, right? Came back with all the fans back in place, and I couldn't see a way to push them to form a path from that side. Was stuck there the rest of the day, trying to figure out some way to make a path.

Oh, speaking of that secret passage, the return trip requires you to push to activate the map-change, instead of the usual step. Not sure if that was intentional or not.

Tch, I could have sworn there was something else. Curse my forgetfulness.

honoreixix
Regular

#29 Post by honoreixix »

any cheats? please?

ehehe.... :mrgreen:

flowerthief
Regular

#30 Post by flowerthief »

Nice find, North Hawk. Yeah, the return trip thing was intentional. Getting stuck the rest of the day was not.

Nah, I'm not giving away the game's one cheat. If you can figure it out, more power to you =)