Idolcraft (RPG Maker XP)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
shin
Projects: White Line

Re: Idolcraft (RPG Maker XP)

#61 Post by shin »

Oooh~~ I really enjoyed this game! I got C- on my first playthrough, but after learning a few things here and there (mostly from past mistakes XD;;) I got A+ on my second playthrough. : ) However, I haven't recruited Mei and Bunny, so I want to try to get them in my third. >D!

flowerthief
Regular

#62 Post by flowerthief »

The highest grade possible if you only train one idol is a C.

maselphie: In that case, thank you!
Customizable datesim in beta! Need testers!
Idolcraft - RPG-style bishoujo simulation

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

I just put two and two together

#63 Post by gekiganwing »

While browsing for some info from archived versions of the Megatokyo forums, I found a mention of PK Girl. And then I recognized the name...

One other person in this thread remembers it. I'm glad for that.

#64 Post by Guest »

Dude, it's the author of both games who popped in.

otaku_lady89

#65 Post by otaku_lady89 »

I can't figure out how to download the game... I click on the link and it takes me to a site where there's a blog, and not much else...

otaku_lady89

#66 Post by otaku_lady89 »

Okay, I figured out how to play, but the damned dorm mystery maze is kicking my booty! Yes, I'm aware you have to press against the walls, and I even figured out one little area (or rather, my little brother did, when I left him alone with the game for ten seconds) But now I can't figure out the part that's supposed to let me PAST!

Another
Regular

#67 Post by Another »

I've only discovered The PK Girl and Idolcraft a few weeks ago, and I've found them so addictive that I've already finished both of them many times. These are what I call *great* games, despite the fact you need Windows to run them (this is not a true critism, I'm just one of those peculiar Macaddicts). :D

I've just a question and two bug reports concerning Idolcraft:

1. Monique wants to enter the bus. Can I help her to do this?

2. I've placed Tomomi in the north-east room. Sometimes, I find her standing behind her bed, embedded in the wall. As I suppose it's a special event, I enter her bed, face her and press enter to talk to her. I get the message "Probably not wise - it's not your bed", then the game freezes (the night falls, but the next day never comes, and it's impossible to see the status screen). At some point, Tomomi screams "Aaaah", but I wonder if she yells because she finds me in her bed or for another reason linked to the ghost mystery. I don't know if the bug is associated to Tomomi or to the room itself.

3. You don't need to find the documents to scout Bunny:
She'll follow you if you give her a tennis racket.

@ otaku_lady89: In fact, the sewer maze is rather easy:
To find the exit, you just have to cross two walls. I think there's also money in this location, but I've not checked this yet. Note that the fake walls are quite similar to holograms. This means they are not doors, so you don't have to press enter to open them, just walk straight through them... I hope this helps ;o)

flowerthief
Regular

#68 Post by flowerthief »

Thanks, I'm glad to hear that :)
Let's see, it's been awhile since I've looked at the game but...

Should be able to if you first examine a window on the back (not visible) side of the bus.
2. Yikes, I can't imagine how she got in the wall. She should be in her bed for that event. Do you by any chance have a save file prior to that happening which I could take a look at?

3. Hey, you're right. I might have left that in for debugging purposes and forgot to take it out haha. Will fix it for the next release. Looks like I'll have to release again once I figure out the Tomomi thing.

flowerthief
Regular

#69 Post by flowerthief »

Ok never mind I think I fixed it: Idolcraft v1.7.

Another
Regular

#70 Post by Another »

I've checked the changes and everything I mentioned works correctly in the new release. Thank you for your quick reaction! :D

nagirinara
Regular
Projects: World Academy, Galaxy Angel: A New Dawn

#71 Post by nagirinara »

Um, it seems the site that hosted it has closed. Any information on where it can still be downloaded?
It's Nagi Rinara: Nagi-san or Rinara-chan, not Nagirinara-san. <--- Seriously, don't do it.

Currently making:
World Academy - Version Gilbo
Currently helping:
Galaxy Angel: A New Dawn
Finished:
None =T.T=

Jake
Support Hero

#72 Post by Jake »

nagirinara wrote:Um, it seems the site that hosted it has closed. Any information on where it can still be downloaded?
The link two posts up from yours in this thread seems to work fine... as does the link in the author's (flowerthief's) signature.
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

nagirinara
Regular
Projects: World Academy, Galaxy Angel: A New Dawn

#73 Post by nagirinara »

Jake wrote:
nagirinara wrote:Um, it seems the site that hosted it has closed. Any information on where it can still be downloaded?
The link two posts up from yours in this thread seems to work fine... as does the link in the author's (flowerthief's) signature.
Ah, I see. Arigatou.
It's Nagi Rinara: Nagi-san or Rinara-chan, not Nagirinara-san. <--- Seriously, don't do it.

Currently making:
World Academy - Version Gilbo
Currently helping:
Galaxy Angel: A New Dawn
Finished:
None =T.T=

KimiYoriBaka
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Castle of Arhannia

#74 Post by KimiYoriBaka »

I've just played this game three times. First was me exploring, got c+. second, knowing what to do, A. third was an attempt to take advantage of the more broken game mechanics, got A+ and was surprised not to see an "S" rank.

things to take note on:
1. if you already know the document number for bunny, you can train her after talking to her a second time. however, if you do, a glitch appears in which the voice of bunny asks you to have lunch on the roof without the sprite actually being there.

2. The roulette house is too easy. I can get $40000 on the first day.

3. I find it funny that the event featuring one of your idols admiring the top ranked idol will always use the #1 rank, even if that spot happens to be Yumi. I mean really, that clumsy girl doesn't seem like she should be referred to as "a real woman."

a question though, is there really any point to playing in endless mode?
"I know that I have blood on me. I know because I see it here. the things i've done are not to be condoned nor praised."
-Aiya, daughter of Raik II
Castle of Arhannia- slowly progressing. script 60% art 5% music 0% minigame 90%

dizzcity
Veteran
Projects: Lakeside Sunset, Wedding Vows, Working Woman

#75 Post by dizzcity »

I hope you're happy. :evil: You just kept me up from 2 p.m. all the way to 10 a.m. playing your game. Three times in a row.

:D
Having said that, I must say, this is one of the most well-made and lovely stat-raising games I've seen in a while. Replay value is awesome, character variety is great, and puzzles are just right. My first try, I got a B+ (Nanako top idol, with Sachie, Bunny, Kazune and Fumika all ranked). My second try, I got A- (Yumi top idol, with Airi, Tomomi, Chisato, Erina and Monique all ranked). My third try, I got a B- because I only had three idols (Bunny, Sachie and Nanako with nearly maxed out stats, occupying the top three spots). And it was a little surprising, but I do also enjoy all the different minigames (Chisato and Erini's gangster battle, Monique's fans, Fumika's picture and the mouse-memory game). And the music soundtrack is excellent... very idol-like.

I'm tempted to play it again... argh! I wanna get grandma's little girl. But I haven't slept all night...

So far, Nanako's my favourite (sweet), followed by Sachie (genki). They also offer the best balance of initial stats, I think. Gameplay-wise, having advanced vocal training is good for early release of CDs. Admittedly, the charm girls (Bunny and Monique) have an advantage in the rankings, but just finding enough money to train them from scratch without interfering with the others makes it difficult. And Airi's lack of health makes for problems. Same with Yumi. I always have to spend my Wednesdays and Sundays boosting their stats. Chisato and Erina are good, but take a long time to get. Kazune too. Tomomi's great advantage is her stamina.

But I love them all. Now, back to scouting more idols! :D

-Dizzy-
A smart man follows the rules, a dumb man breaks them. A great man bends the rules and thus creates them.
Fanfiction.net Profile.
Writer and director of Working Woman (NaNoRenO March 2010)
Writer and director of Wedding Vows (finished 2009).
Creator of Lakeside Sunset (finished 2006).