Idolcraft (RPG Maker XP)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Jinx

Re: Idolcraft (RPG Maker XP)

#46 Post by Jinx »

Hey, thanks!

Now I've gone through the game twice, but there's still two things bothering me.

1. What's with the recycle shop?
2. How do you get the Australian Idol?! All I ever get when I visit her is, "You again! Good bye"

Also, I don't know how it happened, but I found two more glitches. During the second game I played, the town area where the studio is stopped having people walking around suddenly one day. And randomly when I talked to an old man walking while going to the area with the gym in it from the park, I got an error saying that an image was missing.

flowerthief
Regular

#47 Post by flowerthief »

Counter Arts: Yeah, I'm thinking about doing a commercial game next.

Jinx: The recycle shop is simply where you can go to buy back things from the studio that you may have pawned off. Like the pictures on the wall. (But not things from the girls' dorm rooms)

For the Australian model
You need to have spoken with her on the day she appears by the construction site surrounded by fans. This occurs fairly early in the game. Etsuko should give a fortune on it.
About those glitches... When the people stopped walking around, was it night yet? If it was night time then it may not have been a glitch, as new people stop appearing past a certain time. But they should definitely be back the next day.

For the image missing message, did the error message give any more information? That's a strange one. I've no idea off the top of my head what could cause that. How far into the game were you? (which month was it?)
Customizable datesim in beta! Need testers!
Idolcraft - RPG-style bishoujo simulation

Dairy queen

#48 Post by Dairy queen »

This game is very fun, but uh...how do you save?

deinarious
Regular
Completed: Watashi wa Onigiri, A Day Off, T.M.O.G.E
Projects: None.

#49 Post by deinarious »

This game sounded interesting, so I'm downloading it to find out what it's like.

Will let you know what I think when I complete it, but that will take a while, as I am very busy with balancing my own game making, mmo power-gaming, religious duties (don't ask), and keeping my Probation Officer, therapists, and payee happy,(again, don't ask), while balancing my very interesting relationships online and off with friends and a "practically live-in girlfriend".

Does sound good, so I will start playing it ASAP, as long as I don't need to hunt down anything to install it. Sounds promising as well.

Midnighticequeen
Veteran
Completed: Bunni and Kitty, Sweethearts, Tiesa's Tales
Projects: Wish
Organization: Ice Queen Games
itch: icequeenstudios

#50 Post by Midnighticequeen »

How many girls are there on this game, I counted like 10 maybe but is there more of them?

flowerthief
Regular

#51 Post by flowerthief »

You can save the game from the status screen.Access it by pressing esc.

How many trainable girls there are...
There are 12.

Midnighticequeen
Veteran

#52 Post by Midnighticequeen »

What?! I'm missing like 2....................can you give us there names?

flowerthief
Regular

#53 Post by flowerthief »

Names
Yumi, Sachie, Nanako, Airi, Fumika, Erina, Chisato, Monique, Kazune, Mei, Tomomi, Bunny.

Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Controlled Chaos / Sum of the Parts / "that" Midna game with ZONEsama
Projects: Sparse Series/Oddments Shop original cartoon in Pevrea; Cybernetic Duels (fighting game); Good Vibin'
Organization: Watercolorheart Studios
IRC Nick: BCS
Tumblr: adminwatercolor
Deviantart: itsmywatercolorheart
Github: Watercolordevdev
Soundcloud: Watercollider
itch: watercolorheart

#54 Post by Watercolorheart »

Ooh, 12 girls, there must be one in there that will fit my tastes ... I should try this out too ...
I'm not even the same person anymore

Midnighticequeen
Veteran

#55 Post by Midnighticequeen »

I met all the girls except for Bunny, where can I find her. And as for Monique I only see her once and then she's gone again, and I played the game like three times already. How are you suppose to get her because I've never seen her wandering around yet.

maselphie
Regular
Projects: By The Lake, Seraphine

#56 Post by maselphie »

This game is really fun! I spent a long time messing around in it, and I'm glad there happens to be an endless calendar function. There seems to be so much to do, and I feel the need to "collect" all the girls. I was expecting more of a reward for making CDs/DVDs, however. Like, a record of the number of sales, or more importantly: revenue. Perhaps I haven't played long enough after my first CD releases to still know if I get either of things (I took my sweet time raising the money to put them out ... bad grade here I come ...), but it doesn't detract from how awesome this game is anyway. Excellent use of RMXP! Simply stunning Japanese tilesets and images. You even have the yellow sidewalk "braille". ^^ Perfect.
I have switched accounts to Aleema.

x__sinister
Regular
Projects: Modus Operandi, Grim

#57 Post by x__sinister »

I think the author of this game should tell me the birthplace of her favorite real-life idol. Y'know, just for kicks.

I can't find Bunny. No doubt she's that chick with the bunny suit. [searches]
A literate roleplaying community.

flowerthief
Regular

#58 Post by flowerthief »

^ Eheeheehee. But seriously, the game becomes broken if you enable that cheat. I suppose I can drop a few obscure hints which may or may not lead you somewhere.
She's about 5 feet tall. She is known for having a local accent. Very few national celebrities are from the prefecture she is from--at least you know it's not Tokyo ;D. She once did a photoshoot and DVD in Phuket (which I fansubbed). In an upcoming production she'll be playing the lead role and performing alongside a certain all-female musical acting unit, which she has been a diehard fan of all her life.
For Bunny, you won't ever meet her unless you get into a certain building.
The security guard won't let you in without a badge. A hint a passing pedestrian gives about mailboxes might help...
For Monique, I'm pretty sure I gave a hint about her earlier in this thread. She's the one from Australia, btw.

maselphie: Were you being sarcastic there about the tilesets? If not, it would be the first compliment in recorded history about the graphics in Idolcraft lol. Most people in the RMXP community (including myself) don't think very highly of them. For some reason there is very little in the way of modern city resources for RMXP; it's all fantasy fantasy fantasy. I did the best I could with what's out there.

And yes, you get revenue for CDs/DVDs.

maselphie
Regular
Projects: By The Lake, Seraphine

#59 Post by maselphie »

flowerthief wrote:Were you being sarcastic there about the tilesets? If not, it would be the first compliment in recorded history about the graphics in Idolcraft lol. Most people in the RMXP community (including myself) don't think very highly of them. For some reason there is very little in the way of modern city resources for RMXP; it's all fantasy fantasy fantasy. I did the best I could with what's out there.
Nope, not sarcastic. Sure, most of the tiles are from the RTP, but then there are those that aren't -- you somehow created a realistic Japanese school. Whether you made the tilesets or not, I'm very impressed with how they were implemented. The only thing unrealistic about the mapping would be the individual buildings and no trains to travel across town. :3 That's how I personally feel.

Edit: Yaaay! A-! Now for another game.
Last edited by maselphie on Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have switched accounts to Aleema.

x__sinister
Regular
Projects: Modus Operandi, Grim

#60 Post by x__sinister »

I found Bunny just after I asked the question. But, I already filled up all the dorms, so... (:

Can you win with an A and with only one idol?
That would be awesome, and easier.
A literate roleplaying community.