Marry Me, Misato!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#16 Post by rioka »

Ahh, finally had time to play this! *grin*

Overall, one hilarious game mikey! I don't know about everyone else but I had various emotions flitting around throughout the game. One moment I was laughing, another, I felt exasperated, then empathic and consoling, then I wanted to knock some sense into him, then applaud his stubbornness, then laughing again - lol I can't wait to see what he'll be up to next time around! ;D

Otaku Dash
Veteran

#17 Post by Otaku Dash »

eclipse wrote:Ahh, finally had time to play this! *grin*

Overall, one hilarious game mikey! I don't know about everyone else but I had various emotions flitting around throughout the game. One moment I was laughing, another, I felt exasperated, then empathic and consoling, then I wanted to knock some sense into him, then applaud his stubbornness, then laughing again - lol I can't wait to see what he'll be up to next time around! ;D
Same here! I manage to play it and i must say.... it is very hilarious. I really liked plan A of the first project. :P thats what i would do if i had plans to marry a manga character. BUt then again i could go underground THEN procede with the first plan.... mmm... have to think of that... *MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!*

*Wonders if Mikey will actually do a sequel* :D
"Life is like a flower....take care of it and watch it bloom......only there will you see its true beauty" - Myself

"Emptiness....that is...true fear...."

-FEAR THE NARU PUNCH!!- :)

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#18 Post by rioka »

Otaku Dash wrote:*Wonders if Mikey will actually do a sequel* :D
Before he went back into secret-mikey-mode, he said "yes - most likely this winter".

You can't back out now, mikey!! :D

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#19 Post by mikey »

Heh, I know I can't, I already announced it through a banner once.

But thanks for playing! And taking the "game" the way it was intended to - a crazy mix from true love to the absurd. "me" will return one day.

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#20 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

Hey Mikey! He likes it!!

I like it too. It was extremely funny, but at the same time, a little touching. Great job- I do hope you make another one some time

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#21 Post by mikey »

ShiraiJunichi wrote:I do hope you make another one some time
Late this year, so the plan goes. Thanks for playing! :P

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#22 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

Just showed it to a friend- EXTREMELY AMUSED would be an understatement. His (and my) favorite scene was stealing the studio. You now have in the very least, 2 people, desperately anticipating the sequal ^_^

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#23 Post by mikey »

Well, M3 fans, the news is that the sequel to Marry Me Misato will not happen.

I had to realize that much of its charm does indeed come from the openness of the whole game and that certain something that I can't really describe, call it the spirit of the game, and it is the only thing that matters in it.

To use a metaphore, it seems to me more and more that with M3, I drew a circle and now I am trying to design something better or something else that would make sense. By drawing a square (taking M3 to a different point), it would be just another shape, but not really anything that would make sense for me and by drawing a bigger and nicer circle... well, the point was not the niceness of the circle, but the circle itself.

So, I will leave M3 like it is, I simply can't bring myself to do that to the game because frankly, I think it deserves to be one of a kind. If you think about it, really think, you can't even be sad about this, or disappointed. I am convinced this is the right and honestly said, the ONLY thing to do. As much as I would like to do it, sometimes less is more and it will be for the good of it.

So, M3, you're free.

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#24 Post by musical74 »

It's too bad you won't do a sequel...but I understand the reasoning behind it. One reason people do a sequel is they want to test something new or feel that the original game needed something that they thought about but decided against. With M3 it's very hard to try and improve on it, because it's so unique and when you have a game like that, more often than not you want to leave it alone if everyone likes it - or loves it, as it seems to be with M3 :)
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

teankun
Regular

#25 Post by teankun »

Reminded me of "Red Drwarf"

LISTER:
Ya ever see the Flintstones?

CAT:
Sure!

LISTER:
D'ya think Wilma's sexy?

CAT:
Wilma Flintstone?

LISTER:
Maybe we've been alone in deep space too long, but every time I see that charming body, it drives me crazy. Is it me?

CAT:
Well, I think in all probability, Wilma Flintstone is the most desirable woman that ever lived.

LISTER:
That's good. I thought I was goin' strange.

CAT:
She's incredible!

LISTER:
What d'ya think of Betty?

CAT:
Betty Rubble? Well, I would go with Betty... but I'd be thinking of Wilma.

LISTER:
This is crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?

CAT:
You're right. We're nuts. This is an insane conversation.

LISTER:
She'll never leave Fred, and we know it.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#26 Post by mikey »

teankun wrote:CAT:
Well, I think in all probability, Wilma Flintstone is the most desirable woman that ever lived.
Hmmm, let's not forget Lois Griffin. :wink:

teankun
Regular

#27 Post by teankun »

mikey wrote:
teankun wrote:CAT:
Hmmm, let's not forget Lois Griffin. :wink:
Naw, Hanna-Barbera beat "Family Guy"

Jarkota
Regular

#28 Post by Jarkota »

Download link not working, Mike.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#29 Post by mikey »

Jarkota wrote:Download link not working, Mike.
Hmmm, works fine for me, both the ATP download, as well as the RAA one. :? Perhaps your system is configured not to accept .exe files? It also sometimes happens that the site is offline for a few hours, but not individual downloads.

Jarkota
Regular

#30 Post by Jarkota »

No; my system isn't the problem. I downloaded several other games from the Ren'Ai server (including Ori, Ochi, Onoe and Embraced by Green, both fantastic titles BTW) that work fine. What I got when trying to download M3 was a "Page Cannot Be Displayed" error.

EDIT: Okay - got it to work. I ahd to go through the link in your profile rather than the one at the beginning of this topic. Funny stuff, dude. Made me feel sorry for the otaku that the story revolves around (mostly because I know where he's coming from - for about a year, I was pining over Kes from Star Trek: Voyager). Keep 'em comin' dude.