The Sad Story of Emmeline Burns [YuriJam, Free, Eng/Rus]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
paradigmshifty
Regular
Completed: New Pisces, For Ambergris, Void Id, Connection Pools, Apartment Complex, LIFEPLUS+ and more
Deviantart: paradigmshifty
Soundcloud: sleepyagents
itch: sleepyagents

Re: The Sad Story of Emmeline Burns [YuriJam, Steam Greenlig

#16 Post by paradigmshifty »

I really enjoyed this VN :) I will have to check out the steam version (I'm sure I remember reading that it has an extra scene!?)
I'm pretty sure I was crying by the end, which is always my favourite response to any media!! The animated mist and all the art was great and I really enjoyed the story, especially the bits that weren't part of the flashback.

The writing makes me want to check out Strawberry Vinegar as soon as I get a chance! I already have Asphyxia on steam but I haven't started it yet!
A few hours after finishing I was like "OMG her name was 'Burns'!" Hehe
current project - Departure Lounge
past projects at sleepyagents.itch.io <3 website/blog at http://www.sleepyagents.co.uk <3 collabs etc. listed at projects.sleepyagents.co.uk/all/ <3
Honest Critique

ebi-hime
Veteran
Completed: Asphyxia, Blackberry Honey, The Language of Love, etc
Tumblr: ebi-hime
itch: ebihime

#17 Post by ebi-hime »

paradigmshifty wrote:I really enjoyed this VN :) I will have to check out the steam version (I'm sure I remember reading that it has an extra scene!?)
I'm pretty sure I was crying by the end, which is always my favourite response to any media!! The animated mist and all the art was great and I really enjoyed the story, especially the bits that weren't part of the flashback.

The writing makes me want to check out Strawberry Vinegar as soon as I get a chance! I already have Asphyxia on steam but I haven't started it yet!
A few hours after finishing I was like "OMG her name was 'Burns'!" Hehe
Yup, the Steam ver is rewritten a little (it should be more polished), and there is indeed an extra scene!
I need to update the itch.io version with the Steam version too orz;; I'll probably do that tomorrow.

Asphyxia's writing style is probably more similar to the style used in Emmy, but I think it's even more flowery and deliberately archaic XD; SV's writing style is more like the standard 1st person VN narration, and the tone is a lot lighter. I hope you like them all the same! u///u
Yeah, Emmy's name is a double pun. She quotes the poet Robert Burns and one point, and her house got burned down, haha. A fitting surname indeed...
I have a lot of free & commercial VNs available on Steam and itchio.io if you want to check them out! ☆

DrSchizo
Regular
Tumblr: ninesquarezone

#18 Post by DrSchizo »

You can now play online to The Sad Story of Emmeline Burns: http://sandbox-adventure.com/

The game is in full HTML5 so there is no need to download or install anything.
You have to register to save your game but not to play the game.

While in game, you can hit F1 to display a list of available shortcuts.

You can find more information about Sandbox Adventure Engine on this thread.

Don't hesitate to report bug if you find any.

I hope you will have as much pleasure playing this game that I had converting it :D

DokiDokiDollmaker
Regular
Completed: Doki Doki Dollmaker
Tumblr: dokidokidollmaker
itch: karitsa

#19 Post by DokiDokiDollmaker »

The artwork for this game is gorgeous! Very delicate~

ebi-hime
Veteran
Completed: Asphyxia, Blackberry Honey, The Language of Love, etc
Tumblr: ebi-hime
itch: ebihime

Re: The Sad Story of Emmeline Burns [YuriJam, Free, Eng/Rus]

#20 Post by ebi-hime »

Bumping to say the VN can now be played in Russian, thanks to ToxicBunny.
The patch can be downloaded here.

And here's a screenie:

I have a lot of free & commercial VNs available on Steam and itchio.io if you want to check them out! ☆