Shinsei (A Kinetic Novel)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

Re: Shinsei (A Kinetic Novel)

#16 Post by lordcloudx »

Der Tor wrote: I can only guess that maybe that WAS your point - but that would make it very much pointless, wouldn't it? :?
You're kinda on the right track here. This was never a serious project from the very beginning. What this is, is a very cruel in-joke that I expect only a few people who know me well enough to really understand. :P
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

JQuartz
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: 0 completed game. Still haven't made any meaningfully completed games...

#17 Post by JQuartz »

lordcloudx wrote:Der Tor wrote:
I can only guess that maybe that WAS your point - but that would make it very much pointless, wouldn't it? :?

You're kinda on the right track here. This was never a serious project from the very beginning. What this is, is a very cruel in-joke that I expect only a few people who know me well enough to really understand. :P
Oh, so the point is, it is pointless, I see. But even so I couldn't help laughing. So it's probably not a very cruel in-joke. I just need to spend a few minutes to play the game. Maybe if I need to play the game for a few hours then realize it is pointless, I probably be annoyed.
I suspect somebody is stealing my internet identity so don't believe everything I tell you via messages. I don't post or send messages anymore so don't believe anything I tell you via messages or posts.

Pissed Off At Lack Of Quality On These Forums

#18 Post by Pissed Off At Lack Of Quality On These Forums »

Wtf was this shit. That's all I can say.

IceD
Veteran

#19 Post by IceD »

Finally, I had some time to play this...

Well, it short. thats for sure, but honestly I love VN's with hidden messages from their creators. That's propably I consider this short work of your's LordCloudx as a message to our community.

Although those repeating messages were starting to be a bit annoying at the end and they propably use up more than 50% of the script space :D

Nice work, anyways :)

JQuartz
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: 0 completed game. Still haven't made any meaningfully completed games...

#20 Post by JQuartz »

IceD wrote:Although those repeating messages were starting to be a bit annoying at the end
Strangely, I don't think it's annoying. There another game that you have to make the same choice over and over and see the resulting conversation over and over and that I found to be annoying. This however, even if, the messages keep repeating but it somehow flows along the story. Perhaps it's due to the abstract nature of the story. Just like a accidental blot would look very hideous in Mona Lisa but wouldn't in The Scream (The Scream is a well known painting)...

Just in case anyone wants to have a look at The Scream http://www.journeywithjesus.net/Essays/TheScream.jpg
I suspect somebody is stealing my internet identity so don't believe everything I tell you via messages. I don't post or send messages anymore so don't believe anything I tell you via messages or posts.

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#21 Post by lordcloudx »

IceD wrote:Finally, I had some time to play this...

Well, it short. thats for sure, but honestly I love VN's with hidden messages from their creators. That's propably I consider this short work of your's LordCloudx as a message to our community.
This is a very accurate interpretation. (from the author's perspective)
I am pleased :D
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)