PANGS (you are hungry.) [Free][Horror][Halloween]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
PeroxidePrince
Regular
Completed: Cooked with Love, so obscure;, LAST CALL, Reflections on the River, PANGS (you are hungry.)
Projects: Through the Panels
Organization: STARDUST★SODA
itch: stardust-soda

PANGS (you are hungry.) [Free][Horror][Halloween]

#1 Post by PeroxidePrince »

You are awake. It feels as though you have been asleep for a long time. You do not know where you are or even who you are. You are only sure of one thing: you are hungry.

PANGS (you are hungry.) is a short interactive story with 5+ possible endings.

Happy Halloween! This is a simple little game made in a few days to get some practice working with Ren'Py, but hopefully you'll find it good fun regardless.

Download links are available here!
Last edited by PeroxidePrince on Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

Re: PANGS (you are hungry.) [Free][Horror][Halloween]

#2 Post by Ran08 »

Thanks for this game! :D It was pretty nice!
But... but... youuuu. During the alley I was asking myself if it's actually a visual novel and not a kinetic novel pretending to be one. XD At least, for the most part. Hahaha. I got 3 endings though (1, 4, 5), so yeah.
I'm not actually a fan of vampires, but they are pretty interesting to me, so I enjoyed the part here where they were talking about themselves, especially when it was about their self-imposed rules. I like the music and the sound effects the most though! I think they add a lot to the atmosphere of the VN. :)

Congratulations on your first game! I look forward to seeing more from you! :D

PeroxidePrince
Regular
Completed: Cooked with Love, so obscure;, LAST CALL, Reflections on the River, PANGS (you are hungry.)
Projects: Through the Panels
Organization: STARDUST★SODA
itch: stardust-soda

Re: PANGS (you are hungry.) [Free][Horror][Halloween]

#3 Post by PeroxidePrince »

Ran08 wrote:Thanks for this game! :D It was pretty nice!
But... but... youuuu. During the alley I was asking myself if it's actually a visual novel and not a kinetic novel pretending to be one. XD At least, for the most part. Hahaha. I got 3 endings though (1, 4, 5), so yeah.
I'm not actually a fan of vampires, but they are pretty interesting to me, so I enjoyed the part here where they were talking about themselves, especially when it was about their self-imposed rules. I like the music and the sound effects the most though! I think they add a lot to the atmosphere of the VN. :)

Congratulations on your first game! I look forward to seeing more from you! :D
Thanks a lot!
Ahh yeah it does come off a bit like that in the beginning doesn't it... Some of the choices that don't seem to do much actually influence which variation (a/b/c) of ends 4 or 5 you get though. I do wish I was able to add more choices, but I'll learn for next time!
Haha actually when I first set out to write this I wasn't going to go too much into the whole vampire bit, but it seemed necessary to set some rules for the endings to make sense. I'm really glad you enjoyed those parts though, I was worried it might seem too info-dumpy.
Choosing music/sound was a learning experience for sure! This actually used to just be a little text-only thing built on Twine, but a couple friends who'd played the original version thought that adding sound and backgrounds would help set the atmosphere and so I just ended up making it over in Ren'Py.

Thanks again for playing and sharing your thoughts!