Death Room [Suspense, Paranormal, optional BxG/GxB]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Dreamgazer
Veteran
Completed: Death Room; Don't Take This Risk; War: 13th Day; War Specials
Projects: Beauty and the War (X Playing Pieces)
Organization: Poison Apple Tales
Tumblr: poisonappletales
Deviantart: PoisonAppleTales

Death Room [Suspense, Paranormal, optional BxG/GxB]

#1 Post by Dreamgazer »

Download it here.
Alternate Download Link: If you're having trouble, try here.
Google Play version: Get it here.
Rating: 13+ for suggestive situations, mild violence, and intense situations
Length: < 30 minutes

STORY
You wake up in a room with four strangers. Countless weapons surround you.

Can you escape the Death Room alive?

Expect to leave with more questions than you had when you entered. Consider this your introduction to the cast of the Death Room. This won't be the last time you see them.

FEATURES
-Tons of Choices
-Highly replayable
-Dynamic characters
-Fun bonus material
UPDATES
- Get the official walkthrough here.
- Looking for BxG/GxB loving? Get your ROMANCE WALKTHROUGH right here!
- Want to know what the most outrageous choices are? Then, check this out.
-Confused by the Death Room? Check out the Death Room Confessions.

Bonus for Dev fans:
Sweet Dev | Sexy Dev

The Death Room is our first official visual novel. If you have any feedback, please let us know. I'd love to improve for my next project - the prologue to Ambrosia's story. You can check it out here.
Last edited by Dreamgazer on Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:35 am, edited 29 times in total.

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

Re: Death Room [Suspense, Paranormal, optional BxG/GxB]

#2 Post by Ran08 »

What, it's already out?! Yay! <3 *off to download*

ixWishing
Veteran

#3 Post by ixWishing »

This looks pretty interesting! I'm going to download it now! (8
Last edited by ixWishing on Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Everlasting Dreams ;

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by try10 »

I played for a bit but I only get bad ends or
ends where I have to kill in order to escape
A guide would be greatly appreciated. And how do I get the romance endings? I really don't know what do do.

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by Ran08 »

1.) Tell me about your first playthrough. Was it anything like you expected? Did you live or die? We want to hear it all.

Oh, it was horrible. My character died. :(

Okay, haha, just kidding about the horrible part. It was quite nice, although, yes, my character did die. I didn't die anymore in my 2nd, 3rd, 4th... (I played it over and over again) playthroughs, but I'm still sort of unsatisfied. Man, I want to know the whole story. *sobs*

2) Did you find the easter egg? (And if you did, what did you think of it?)

If that's what I think it is, then yes. HAHAHA. It turned this super serious game into a really hard-to-take-seriously game. XD

3) Did you enjoy it? My friend and I are so very excited to introduce our very first game to you! Give us your thoughts and opinions on everything. Spare no detail.

Yes! I did! Thank you for this game. :)
And, since you asked for it... hahaha. Well, I have a lot to say about it, so... if you'd like to read it, you can head over to my blog, right here. :D It's quite long, though, so I'm sorry.
Anyway, thanks again for this game! I had fun. Just like try10, though, I'm having a hard time with the endings. :( Is there a walkthrough or something to help us out? (Aside from the very vague clues you have about the romance, haha.)

Dreamgazer
Veteran

#6 Post by Dreamgazer »

Hi, everyone! Thanks for coming by and playing the Death Room.

I'm actually planning on releasing a mini-walkthrough later on, but for now, let me tell you all how to get the romantic bits. Keep in mind that when you see the credits that is the best possible ending you can get. I'm afraid the Death Room
doesn't have happy endings. That is, sadly, the essence of the place.
Moving on, here's how you get the BxG and GxB treats:

For Dev:
-When have the opportunity to chat with everyone, talk to Dev.
-"I'm really scared."
-"I can't help it."
-"We're alive but for how long?"
-"If we ever do."
-"How should I think?"
-"If I'm going to die, I wish..."
-"I wish I knew what it was like to kiss a man."
-"I want it from someone who makes my heart beat...like you."
After this point, you have to be the only one in the room. You can achieve this by working together with Dominic. You can either convince him to kill himself, stab him in the back, or wait for Evie and him to kill each other.
For another extra GxB tidbit,
start crying during your conversation with him, and he'll comfort you the best way that he can.
Note:
Do not say that you are a wizard during the introductory period.
For Ambrosia:
You have what I would like to call the sweet version and the dark version. For the sweet version,
be the only two left in the room. Tell her that you have a last request and that you would like a kiss.
For the dark version,
you have to be the only two left in the room, but you're being real villainous.
Dark version:
-In the beginning, pick up a sword or a pocket knife.
-Don't hide your weapon.
-Attack back.
-During the sleep/stay awake/kill everyone choice, choose to kill everyone.
-Use a machine gun.
-Aim at Dominic first.
-Drop the gun.
-Shoot him.
-Wait for Ambrosia to wake up.
-"Rise and shine."
-"You really aren't human, huh?"
-"Aren't you sharp?"
-"I like you."
Then, you can choose to say "Are you scared?" and try to convince her to drink Dev's blood. Alternatively, you can say "Don't you like me?" and kiss her.
For Evie:
I have to say that on the fluff-o-meter, she would rank really, really low. She's the kind of character who doesn't fall fast and just can't focus on anything other than the room. But if you want to get your BxG tidbit...
-In the beginning, pick up any weapon except for the poison.
-Do not hide it.
-Do not attack back.
-Talk to Evie later. Do not say that you are a wizard during the introductory period.
For Dominic:
This is by far the easiest. Talk to him and choose the following options.
-"I'm fine. What about you?"
-"Do you believe in love at first sight?"
-"I think I'm in love with you."
Don't tell him that you're kidding and welcome to your strange love, colored in shades of yandere psychotic affection. Just make sure that Evie is alive, so don't pick up any weapon in the beginning and attack her back.
If you want a less dark version,
you can wait for Dominic to come talk to you. Tell him that you're also bored and you're looking for a way to fix that. I think you know what choice to make after that.
I hope that helped!
P.S. If you're looking for a happier scene, try the
Love Room
in the extra section. I would love to hear everyone's thoughts about the extras, actually.
Ran08 wrote:
Well, I have a lot to say about it, so... if you'd like to read it, you can head over to my blog, right here. :D It's quite long, though, so I'm sorry.
Don't be sorry! I'm really thrilled that you wrote about our game. Thank so much for taking the time to do that. If you ever felt like writing more on what you thought, I'm all ears! I'm actually quite curious what everyone thought about each character. Did you feel like they'd be someone you'd want to invite for dinner? Is there someone you couldn't stand? I want all the details.

By the way, I should mention that the special version isn't the only easter egg in the game. (Hint:
Look at everything in the extras section without returning to the main screen.
)

This game's focus is on suspense and intrigue, so to everyone searching for more romance...well, keep an eye out for my next project.
Last edited by Dreamgazer on Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by Ran08 »

Oh! Thanks for bringing the Extras section to my attention. :D I completely overlooked it, sorry.

Now that I've gone through it though...

* The Love Room - it was pretty funny! Hahaha. Ambrosia's just so cute. <3 Although I really don't like Evie and Dominic that much, and this extra scene just solidified my dislike. =) Dev, though, is so *swoons* <3
* The 10th War - the coding is sort of off here. It seems like the sayer w doesn't exist. It's funny how Ambrosia and the other guy are breaking the fourth wall, somehow. Hahaha.
* Behind the Death Room - Am I curious? Yes! Yes, definitely ye-- oh, youuuuu. >_< Hahaha.
* Kyun - KYUUUN!

About the characters, all I can say is that I absolutely love Dev. <3 What's the truth about him? Why is he so mysterious? Who is he, really? Dev, oh Deeeev. <3 And why were they trapped in the Death Room?! So many unanswered questions. </3
To be absolutely honest, I'm excited about your future games, though. Hahaha. Will you be launching a new project soon? Oh, I sure do hope so! I hope there will be a GxB option there, too, and A PROPER HAPPY ENDING, for once. =) Good luuuuck! I'll be waiting!

Godline
Veteran
Completed: numerous
Tumblr: godlinegames
Deviantart: godline-games
itch: godline

#8 Post by Godline »

Not bad for your first go, I'll stick everything in spoiler tags to be safe.
You made a rookie mistake I believe by having all the same images in the game folder twice - meaning the filesize was twice as large to download as it would have been! (If you ever want to put your game up on mobile devices you've got to be weary of filesizes).

On another thing, I didn't like the NVL style of the game, but that's just my personal preference. The writing was entertaining though, and I liked how there were lots of options... and of course I liked how you could just 'kill everyone'. Who doesn't love a game where you can do insane stuff like this? :)

That 'Love Room' extras portion... no words. Haha. Poor Ambrosia.

I did see the easter egg in the extras. I thought it was really weird when it popped up. ;)

(Off to get the romance bits for me!)

Dreamgazer
Veteran

#9 Post by Dreamgazer »

Ran08 wrote:To be absolutely honest, I'm excited about your future games, though. Hahaha. Will you be launching a new project soon? Oh, I sure do hope so! I hope there will be a GxB option there, too, and A PROPER HAPPY ENDING, for once. =) Good luuuuck! I'll be waiting!
I actually do have another project in the works as we speak. It'll be a glimpse of Ambrosia's world. My plan is to delve into each of the characters' stories, so if you were curious about anyone in particular (like Dev), just wait. They'll have their turn (with, yes, romance along the way). And story by story, the secret behind the Death Room will be revealed. Hope you're looking forward to it!

Ooh, by the way, thanks for bringing that coding issue to my attention. I had it fixed ASAP. This game is not only a pleasure to make but a real learning experience for me.
Godline wrote:
You made a rookie mistake I believe by having all the same images in the game folder twice - meaning the filesize was twice as large to download as it would have been! (If you ever want to put your game up on mobile devices you've got to be weary of filesizes).
Hello there! Since this is indeed our first rodeo, I'm glad you pointed that out to me. I went ahead and corrected that problem, so the file size should be smaller now. As always, if you have the time, let me know what you thought of the romance treats (and anything else that happened to come to mind).

There's actually a small story behind that easter egg. When I was first testing out the sprites and the NVL formatting, I went with the first thing that popped into my head. As it so happened, the sprite I was working on was what you saw in that screen there, which inspired me to keep those things as an easter egg. Something that will make people go "Huh?" or "KYAAA!"

csky
Regular
Completed: Perceptions of the Dead, Embers of Magic
Projects: Various Commissioned Artwork

#10 Post by csky »

This looks interesting and I really want to give it a go. However I'm having trouble downloading it. And it can't be my computer/internet.

I've had trouble downloading it from multiple computers/networks. The download freezes after 4.8mb and then "completes" with 0 mb. Happened both on a mac and windows computer via different internet networks, also happened on multiple browsers.

Bianchii
Regular

#11 Post by Bianchii »

csky wrote:This looks interesting and I really want to give it a go. However I'm having trouble downloading it. And it can't be my computer/internet.

I've had trouble downloading it from multiple computers/networks. The download freezes after 4.8mb and then "completes" with 0 mb. Happened both on a mac and windows computer via different internet networks, also happened on multiple browsers.
Having the same problem here! This looks amazing and I REALLY want to try it so it would be cool if the download issue could be fixed <3 lots of love <3

edit: phrasing

Dreamgazer
Veteran

#12 Post by Dreamgazer »

Hello, csky and Bianchii!

I re-uploaded the game and tried downloading it myself. I also had a friend download it, and it went smoothly. Give it a try again and let me know if any of you still run into the same issue.

csky
Regular
Completed: Perceptions of the Dead, Embers of Magic
Projects: Various Commissioned Artwork

#13 Post by csky »

Dreamgazer wrote:Hello, csky and Bianchii!

I re-uploaded the game and tried downloading it myself. I also had a friend download it, and it went smoothly. Give it a try again and let me know if any of you still run into the same issue.
I'm still having the issue. Same thing but now it's only getting to 3 Kb, not 4 Mb. Did you upload again to replace that other link? Maybe you should make a secondary download link via a file hosting site.

Dreamgazer
Veteran

#14 Post by Dreamgazer »

csky wrote: I'm still having the issue. Same thing but now it's only getting to 3 Kb, not 4 Mb. Did you upload again to replace that other link? Maybe you should make a secondary download link via a file hosting site.
All right. I went with your advice and put up a secondary download link here. Please let me know if it works. If not, I have a Plan C in the works. Third time's the charm.

Also, some announcements to make!

I updated my post to include my official walkthrough (spoilers abound) and a contest I'm hosting on Facebook.

Give yourself the funniest name you can imagine. Take a screen of it anywhere in the game. Post it somewhere (Facebook, tumblr, here - just as long as I know where it is), and I'll let the cast of the Death Room judge it. The one they think is the funniest is the winner. You'll receive a picture of the character of your choice done in the style of Sexy, Sweet, or Cool.

Have fun with it!

Bianchii
Regular

#15 Post by Bianchii »

Finally played the game! I liked the music and the character designs, though I think the game is kinda short? (though maybe long VNs have spoiled me) I mean I know it has lots and lots of choices, not complaining about that because I LOVE that, but I mean maybe it can have some more story or bonding time with the characters
before they go apeshit on you, I know they have little time without food or water but I feel like they just kill time staring at the ceiling when some more bonding could have been introduced maybe? idk or maybe not call it "bonding" since some of them have murder on their mind and going to try to kill you anyway, but maybe mystery solving? figuring out why they're there or something that can give some backstory? some options did talk about it but maybe not enough in my opinion, and that's an opportunity to add more depth to the story
Dayum it's hard to resist getting it on with Dom, but Dev is the true bae.
Also kinda dissapointed I don't get some sweet Dev loving, only one stiff ass hug but that's my personal preference hahahaha and that extra haha the love room xD Also how the hell does Dev survive a grenade and then he just sips on poison? that bit seemed kind of random? but I guess people can be random sometimes (DEV PLS NU I'LL KILL MYSELF DON'T DRINK POISONNN)
edit: I seem to have a thing for male teenagers in VNs that involve being trapped. Huh.

Edit 2: Here's my entry for the contest xDDD

http://imgur.com/lnrEegJ